Live shows in your agenda?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Artemis

Re: Live shows in your agenda?

#326 Post by Artemis » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 am

Got tickets for Peter Murphy in June. Sucks the show is on a Monday though..

nausearockpig

#327 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Alex Lloyd in April, Gossling in May. Awesome!

Xizen47

#328 Post by Xizen47 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Tonight-QOTSA in Reno :rockon:

Xizen47

#329 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:01 am

bump...

Arcade Fire/Devo
Portugal the Man
Jack White
Nin/Soundgarden
Swans
Avett Bros.
The Kills

and playing San Diego

Going to be a busy 2 months :rockon:

Artemis

#330 Post by Artemis » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:23 am

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds this Thursday 7/31
Kate Bush - Sept 24

Pandemonium

#331 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Seeing Arcade Fire this Friday at the LA Forum. Hadn't planned on catching this tour (not too fond of the last album) but I haven't seen a single show so far this year so when a few more GA Floors became available a couple weeks ago, I bit. Bummed to discover Devo won't be opening for the SoCal dates though.

blackula

#332 Post by blackula » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:13 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Seeing Arcade Fire this Friday at the LA Forum. Hadn't planned on catching this tour (not too fond of the last album) but I haven't seen a single show so far this year so when a few more GA Floors became available a couple weeks ago, I bit. Bummed to discover Devo won't be opening for the SoCal dates though.
So, all my wife's friends decided to have babies recently and my Christmas gift of 2 overpriced Arcade Fire tickets for 8/23 for her and a freind is looking more like her and me. I'm not a fan at all, no disrespect, just not my cup of tea. Anyway, is Devo the opener for this tour? That'll soften the blow a little. I can't find shit anywhere in regards to who is opening.

Artemis

#333 Post by Artemis » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:21 pm

blackula wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Seeing Arcade Fire this Friday at the LA Forum. Hadn't planned on catching this tour (not too fond of the last album) but I haven't seen a single show so far this year so when a few more GA Floors became available a couple weeks ago, I bit. Bummed to discover Devo won't be opening for the SoCal dates though.
So, all my wife's friends decided to have babies recently and my Christmas gift of 2 overpriced Arcade Fire tickets for 8/23 for her and a freind is looking more like her and me. I'm not a fan at all, no disrespect, just not my cup of tea. Anyway, is Devo the opener for this tour? That'll soften the blow a little. I can't find shit anywhere in regards to who is opening.
The show may be better than you think. They've had a lot of surprise guests lately and the revues have been really excellent. I hope you are pleasantly surprised. Believe me, I know what it's like to sit through a concert you have zero interest in seeing. :lol:

blackula

#334 Post by blackula » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Artemis wrote:
blackula wrote:
The show may be better than you think. They've had a lot of surprise guests lately and the revues have been really excellent. I hope you are pleasantly surprised. Believe me, I know what it's like to sit through a concert you have zero interest in seeing. :lol:
Right on, I hope I'm pleasantly surprised too! At least Off! is playing the night before with Dale Crover of the Melvins filling in on drums. I'm super excited for that. If I end up digging the Arcade Fire show that'll be icing on my weekend cake.

Xizen47

#335 Post by Xizen47 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:21 am

blackula wrote:I'm not a fan at all, no disrespect, just not my cup of tea.
It was the same for me too, until I saw their live show. Haven't missed them once in the last 9 years. You'll enjoy it :wave:

Larry B.

#336 Post by Larry B. » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:46 am

On December 6 I'll be attending the Rockout Fest, headlined by Fantômas, Primus and Devo. I'm not incredibly excited by it, but should be fun enough.

nausearockpig

#337 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:13 am

Larry B. wrote:On December 6 I'll be attending the Rockout Fest, headlined by Fantômas, Primus and Devo. I'm not incredibly excited by it, but should be fun enough.
Fondle Mike Patton during the fantômas set!

Larry B.

#338 Post by Larry B. » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:32 am

nausearockpig wrote:
Larry B. wrote:On December 6 I'll be attending the Rockout Fest, headlined by Fantômas, Primus and Devo. I'm not incredibly excited by it, but should be fun enough.
Fondle Mike Patton during the fantômas set!
I'll make you proud.

Matz

#339 Post by Matz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:44 am

I'd be excited as hell if I could catch Primus live, one of the last great ones that haven't done anything silly to fuck up their rep....they're a bunch of beasts all of em still. I want you front and center Larry!

Artemis

#340 Post by Artemis » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:53 am

Just booked tickets for St Vincent for March 2015. :rockon:

blackula

#341 Post by blackula » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Matz wrote:I'd be excited as hell if I could catch Primus live, one of the last great ones that haven't done anything silly to fuck up their rep....they're a bunch of beasts all of em still. I want you front and center Larry!
I haven't seen Primus in 15 years. They were always awesome though when I did see them. I think whole thing they're doing with the new album is pretty cool, covering the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory soundtrack and having 5 golden tickets in the albums. The 5 people who get the golden ticket get free Primus concerts for life

kv

#342 Post by kv » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:10 pm

primus sucks

Larry B.

#343 Post by Larry B. » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Apparently, Fantômas will be playing The Director's cut in its entirety, which would be awesome.

Melvins, Blind Melon and Thurston Moore Band were added to the lineup.

Larry B.

#344 Post by Larry B. » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:00 am

This Saturday:

creep
Site Admin

#345 Post by creep » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:05 am

sort of a strange lineup. are you going to stay and watch primus? that last band playing must be from chile.

Larry B.

#346 Post by Larry B. » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:36 am

creep wrote:sort of a strange lineup. are you going to stay and watch primus? that last band playing must be from chile.
Yup, quite a strange lineup. I want to catch a bit of the Melvins, then a bit of Blind Melon, the whole Fantomas set, a bit of Devo and then Primus. I'm going with one of my sisters and I think she likes Dos Minutos, so we might skip Primus. I saw them a couple of years ago and they were quite a disappointment.

Extremoduro is a rock band from Spain (from the city called Extremadura; it's a play on words, Extremoduro roughly means "hard end", as in "hard cock") which has a bit of a following in the rock scene here. I had no idea they were still active, I remember being in school and thinking that those guys sounded old. A nostalgia act, basically. I've just checked and the leader of the band is 52.

Larry B.

#347 Post by Larry B. » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:46 am

Fantômas was really good.

Devo was fun as well, I might need to check them out properly. Blind Melon wasn't bad either. I felt bad for them, because in the stage right next to theirs Fantômas were doing their very loud sound check, thus ruining the one hit people wanted to hesr live.

It was a great festival, really good atmosphere.

Artemis

#348 Post by Artemis » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:52 pm

I splurged on tickets for a few shows today:

Got tickets for The Jesus And Mary Chain: 30th Anniversary of Psychocandy - May 1st
Primal Scream- May 15
David Byrne's Contemporary Color -June 23

Previously purchased tix for St Vincent - March 3rd

Larry B.

#349 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Artemis wrote:I splurged on tickets for a few shows today:

Got tickets for The Jesus And Mary Chain: 30th Anniversary of Psychocandy - May 1st
Primal Scream- May 15

Wow, very nice.

Sinead O'Connor is going to be playing here in a festival and tickets are going for $10 (the cheapest this country has seen in a looong time,) but for some reason I don't really feel compelled to going.

Plus, this is the picture with which they're advertising her show:

She hasn't looked like that since around 1979.

Artemis

#350 Post by Artemis » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Artemis wrote:I splurged on tickets for a few shows today:

Primal Scream- May 15

Wow, very nice.

Sinead O'Connor is going to be playing here in a festival and tickets are going for $10 (the cheapest this country has seen in a looong time,) but for some reason I don't really feel compelled to going.

Plus, this is the picture with which they're advertising her show:

She hasn't looked like that since around 1979.
For $10, you should go for sure. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. The first time I saw her was in London in 1990 and three more times after that. Last time was a couple of years ago. Her show in October was voted one of the top 10 Toronto concerts for 2014.

I am stretched on your grave