New Faith No More album?

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
nausearockpig

Re: New Faith No More album?

#51 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:38 pm

This is probably too late, but if anyone chances upon a copy of the Record Store Day single Motherfucker, can you please grab it for me and I'll pay for it and postage..

nausearockpig

#52 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Larry B. wrote:
creep wrote:the amoeba set. 5 songs. two new songs...the same ones they did in europe. motherfucker and superhero.

1.Motherfucker
2.As The Worms Turns
3.Spirit
4. Ashes To Ashes
5.Superhero

That was alright. It's strange how much the energy changes depending on the size of the venue and the lights and everything.

Still not a big fan of the new songs. They sound somehow unfinished to me.
I'm not sold on Motherfucker yet, but I liked Superhero a lot. From what I could hear, it sounded like something from somewhere between Angel Dust and King For A Day.... Great stuff and thanks for the links!

Diabolik

#53 Post by Diabolik » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Besides Jane's Addiction, Faith No More is the band I'loved just as long and just as much and I couldn't be happier that there's new stuff.

Not sold of Superhero yet, but I really like Motherfucker. It's silly to have that chorus, but also really actually in your face.

I also really love the social media side of things, lots of instagram, twitter and Facebook interaction with fans.

nausearockpig

#54 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:18 am

is Jon Hudson part of the band, as in, a part of the songwriting process etc, or "just the guitar player"?

nausearockpig

#55 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:18 pm

nausearockpig wrote:This is probably too late, but if anyone chances upon a copy of the Record Store Day single Motherfucker, can you please grab it for me and I'll pay for it and postage..
Belay that order. I have found a local shop that still has them!

creep
Site Admin

#56 Post by creep » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:37 pm

nausearockpig wrote:is Jon Hudson part of the band, as in, a part of the songwriting process etc, or "just the guitar player"?
he co-wrote many of the songs on album of the year so i assume he is part of the writing process. :noclue:

nausearockpig

#57 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:40 pm

creep wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:is Jon Hudson part of the band, as in, a part of the songwriting process etc, or "just the guitar player"?
he co-wrote many of the songs on album of the year so i assume he is part of the writing process. :noclue:
If that's the case I don't have high hopes for the new record :(T

creep
Site Admin

#58 Post by creep » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:57 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
creep wrote:
he co-wrote collision, stripsearch and ashes to ashes. three of my favorite fnm songs.

nausearockpig

#59 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:31 am

creep wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
creep wrote:
he co-wrote collision, stripsearch and ashes to ashes. three of my favorite fnm songs.
I suppose then you have high hopes for the new record :)

creep
Site Admin

#60 Post by creep » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:59 am

nausearockpig wrote:
creep wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
creep wrote:
I suppose then you have high hopes for the new record :)
:noclue: they haven't let me down yet.

nausearockpig

#61 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:13 am

I was pretty impressed with Superhero and Motherfucker is growing on me. I think it was you who said that the chorus gets stuck in your head. V true.

I couldn't dig Album of the Year like I did The Real Thing & Angel Dust. I think that FNM lost a core facet when Jim was fired.

creep
Site Admin

#62 Post by creep » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:31 am

nausearockpig wrote:I was pretty impressed with Superhero and Motherfucker is growing on me. I think it was you who said that the chorus gets stuck in your head. V true.

I couldn't dig Album of the Year like I did The Real Thing & Angel Dust. I think that FNM lost a core facet when Jim was fired.
i listen to kfad and album of the year way more than any other albums these days.

jim martin had hardly anything to do with angel dust. he is only credited on two songs. you should watch that very long "making of angle dust" on youtube sometime. jim was pretty absent. the real thing is my least favorite patton fnm album. :noclue:

nausearockpig

#63 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:01 am

creep wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:I was pretty impressed with Superhero and Motherfucker is growing on me. I think it was you who said that the chorus gets stuck in your head. V true.

i listen to kfad and album of the year way more than any other albums these days.

jim martin had hardly anything to do with angel dust. he is only credited on two songs. you should watch that very long "making of angle dust" on youtube sometime. jim was pretty absent. the real thing is my least favorite patton fnm album. :noclue:

SHUT UP!!!! YOU'RE NOT A REAL FAN. GET RID OF MIKE AND BRING CHUCK BACK!!!!

:lolol:

Seriously though, even though Jim didn't write a lot on AD, his vibe is there. The subsequent guitar players are technically proficient and IMO can play the old (Jim era) songs just as well as Jim but to me, it's just not the same. For me, nothing past AD is as good as As The Worm Turns - for example.
But, each to their own, I'm glad u find their amateur-hour songs fulfilling. Kidding (about the A-A, not your fulfillment).

creep
Site Admin

#64 Post by creep » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:17 am

:no:

fyi...the best fnm song of all time is easily stripsearch.

written by my hero jon hudson.
The song was based on a song written by guitarist Jon Hudson, composed in simple MIDI format, hence the heavy electronic sound.

nausearockpig

#65 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:33 am

creep wrote::no:

The song was based on a song written by guitarist Jon Hudson, composed in simple MIDI format, hence the heavy electronic sound.
Ha! I would expect no less from a FNM noob. Go play your new record...

In the immortal words of Regurgitator "I Like Your Old Stuff Better Than Your New Stuff"!

creep
Site Admin

#66 Post by creep » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:39 am

nausearockpig wrote:
creep wrote::no:

Ha! I would expect no less from a FNM noob. Go play your new record...

In the immortal words of Regurgitator "I Like Your Old Stuff Better Than Your New Stuff"!
that's a problem since i don't have a turntable. i wonder how that remix of motherfucker sounds.

i am probably a noob because i never saw them play with chuck...but i was lucky enough to see them many times before epic made them big.

Larry B.

#67 Post by Larry B. » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:06 am

Chuck fucking sucked anyway. I understand the "kitsch" value of Chuck's participation in hindsight, but the sound of the band was ridiculous in comparison to their sound after Patton's arrival. Chuck had no versatility whatsoever and nothing would've become of FNM had he stayed with his dull voice and pseudo-punk attitude.

nausearockpig

#68 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Hopefully the remix is available when the A-side is out digitally.

You're lucky creep. The first chance I got to see them was for the AD tour. I was underage for the show of The Real Thing tour in my city :(

Chuck's singing was never my cup of tea but he wrote excellent lyrics and vocal melodies. As The Worm Turns plus all the other songs from their first two records.

Larry B.

#69 Post by Larry B. » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:28 pm

nausearockpig wrote:vocal melodies.
Really? He does the same thing on every song. There are a couple of little things he did that I like, but he's otherwise completely predictable and quite boring. As The Worm Turns is obviously my favorite.

nausearockpig

#70 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:39 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Really? He does the same thing on every song. There are a couple of little things he did that I like, but he's otherwise completely predictable and quite boring. As The Worm Turns is obviously my favorite.
UR mental. We Care A Lot, Spirit, Anne's Song...

creep
Site Admin

#71 Post by creep » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:14 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
which all sound great sung by patton. i was never a big chuck fan either.

nausearockpig

#72 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:35 pm

creep wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

Agreed. Patton's versions of the Chuck songs sound rad, and I'm sure if he was given the chance to put his own lyrics over them they'd be amazing too, but Chuck came up with some great stuff on hose songs, his voice just doesn't do it for me.

nausearockpig

#73 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:37 pm

creep wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

Stupid double posting. Chuck's voice just doesn't that range and wide appeal that Mike's does. As Larry (or maybe someone else) said, there's no way that FNM would've gotten as huge with Chuck singing On The Real Thing. Check out early versions of what ended up as Surprise! You're Dead!

kv

#74 Post by kv » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:16 am

i agree and i liked chuck...even in those shitty amoeba clips...mike has it...i don't like them as much now but back then he was a major reason they got big

creep
Site Admin

#75 Post by creep » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:42 am

chuck not doing so well.
Former FAITH NO MORE Vocalist CHUCK MOSLEY Falls On Hard Financial Times, Asks Fans For Donations

Former FAITH NO MORE singer Chuck Mosley has fallen on hard financial times and is asking for help from his fans so that he and his family can avoid being evicted from the house they have lived in for the past decade.

In a December 3 post on his Facebook page, Mosley writes: "Hey friends and other peoples, I am really dreading this. I have fought myself over this for more than a couple months. I seem to have no other choice than to lose my pride due to the lacking ability to provide a sense of security for my family.

"The shocking truth is that i'm not rich. We struggle every day, just like most everybody, more, right now, worse than ever, in a long time.

"Our landlord wants to sell the house we've lived in for ten years, and yes, we are behind in our rent, so he's using that as leverage to get us out so he can fix up and sell, right away, Technically, we're supposed to be out today, December 3rd, but he's deciding whether to give us another week. So here I am, for my family, on my knees, asking for help.

"I'm ashamed for being in this condition, that I have to burden others who look to me only to be my friend, and for me to be theirs, and I am abusing that relationship, and I apologize, but for my family I'll do anything... legal. And that's the reality.

"I could go into a dissertation about how and why, but the bottom line is we are broker than we've been in a good good long time, and can't bail out, so here I am asking that anybody who could afford to send a few dollars to my/our PayPal account (chuck@mosleyvua.com) and for any substantial donations, we will offer up my better half's portrait of my dog, Fredo, and me, real scarface meets... me. She's an awesome artist, her name is Pip Logan, and there's a few more pieces of her work she's willing to part with for a few of the more generous donations. Just throwing that out there.

"Our band, VUA, has had to put off trying to tour or play any shows. We're starting to record new stuff, but even that is suffering at the hands of my family's financial situation, so, please, if you can, help. We will be eternally greatful and I will be eternally self loathing for having to be at this level.

"I'm sorry for asking. If i could do anything for you, please ask, and I swear I will do everything in my power to serve you, any way I can."

A few hours later, Mosley took to his Facebook page again to thank his fans for the response he received to his plea for help. He wrote: "We are overwhelmed by your support. I hate asking for help.

"We put the digital downloads of our albums 'Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food' and 'Demosforsale' for 1$/donation at chuckmosley.bandcamp.com and we will be adding a few signed vinyl and CD copies soon. Big thanks to Matt Gladyszewski for taking extra photos for the demo release and to Cristian Saldías Sepúlveda for the graphic design help."

Mosley released his first solo album, "Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food", in August 2009 via the Cleveland-based label Reversed Image Unlimited. The CD featured guest appearances from John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON), Roddy Bottum (FAITH NO MORE, IMPERIAL TEEN) and Michael Cartellone (LYNYRD SKYNYRD). KORN frontman Jonathan Davis, who attributes Mosley as a massive influence, also made an appearance on the single "The Enabler".

With Mosley at the helm, FAITH NO MORE became one of the '80s' leading underground bands on the strength of 1985's "We Care a Lot" and 1987's "Introduce Yourself". Despite exiting the group in 1988 under less-than-friendly circumstances, the Ohio-based Mosley is now friendly with most of his former FNM bandmates and has even joined them on stage in recent years.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former ... lptyBpO.99