World Cup

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Bandit72

Re: World Cup

#301 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:14 am

I saw quite a few 'historical' tweets like that. I mean, I'm pretty sure every country has been at war with everyone else at some stage in history. If that was their basis for argument, then the fact they were playing the Germans made it even more nonsensical.

Larry B.

#302 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:15 am

Yesterday I went to my father's to watch the final. A friend of my step-mother was there and she was the most obnoxious piece of shit I've ever had to watch half a match with.

"I hate the Germans, but I want Argentina to lose because I hate them more. Argentinians think they're the shit."

"OK, who's going to be the stupid fucker who reads the last name of the referee and doesn't know where he is from? hahahaha"

"Who's that player? He's sooo ugly. And who's that? Man, shave that beard."

"The German manager has a nervous tick. Nooo, he shouldn't be allowed to manage if he's like that."

"Germany has reached a new low. Where are all the blond players? And they have an ugly Turkish guy playing for them... gross..."

Thankfully, she left after 30 minutes because she had to take a flight back to his 1st world city in the south of fucking Chile. This is a woman who claims to hate sunny Rio "because it was too crowded" but loved gray Sao Paulo "because the Hilton had a great swimming pool and spa." She's so up her ass, I fucking hate her.

Hype

#303 Post by Hype » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:50 am

"Germany has reached a new low. Where are all the blond players? And they have an ugly Turkish guy playing for them... gross..."
That's not merely obnoxious... it's psychotic. I bet like Hitler she's not even blonde.

Someone get her in touch with Uncle Ruckus...

Larry B.

#304 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:29 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
That's not merely obnoxious... it's psychotic. I bet like Hitler she's not even blonde.

Nah, she is blond... but she was speaking as if she was the greatest, wealthiest, most important human being in the world. She criticized people who use bouillon cubes because they were "tacky shit". "I never use them, in my house we don't use that tacky shit." For starters, she doesn't cook (she has a maid) and in this country the only people who don't eat stuff made with bouillon cubes are those who suffer from celiac disease. She lives in a stupid city in the south of Chile and it's her husband who pays for her vacations and shit. She's an interior designer who has like 2 clients.

She's one of those people who finds everything bad, and when something is good she goes "this is good, but I remember the time I was in Florence and they had something like this but like, A BAZILLION TIMES BETTER."

Fucking pisses me off.

Pandemonium

#305 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:33 am

Larry B. wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:

Nah, she is blond... but she was speaking as if she was the greatest, wealthiest, most important human being in the world. She criticized people who use bouillon cubes because they were "tacky shit". "I never use them, in my house we don't use that tacky shit." For starters, she doesn't cook (she has a maid) and in this country the only people who don't eat stuff made with bouillon cubes are those who suffer from celiac disease. She lives in a stupid city in the south of Chile and it's her husband who pays for her vacations and shit. She's an interior designer who has like 2 clients.

She's one of those people who finds everything bad, and when something is good she goes "this is good, but I remember the time I was in Florence and they had something like this but like, A BAZILLION TIMES BETTER."

Fucking pisses me off.
Why would you have Etty over to watch the World Cup?

Bandit72

#306 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Apologies if I'm being a bit thick, but how does the "we hate such and such" work in South and central America?

Is it generally countries that border each other? I know Brazil and Argentina don't 'get on', but I'm sure that's just a football perspective? Is there some kind of south American hierarchy? Or is it a case of "we've got the most murders per day fuck you all"?

The UK is something like The English hate the Scots, the Scots hate the English. The Welsh hate the English, the English hate the Welsh. The Irish hate the English but the English tolerate the Irish cos there are so many Irish people in England and Northern Island hates everybody.

Larry B.

#307 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:46 pm

:lol: :lol:

Well, it goes something like this:

Chile HATES (with capital letters) Peru and Bolivia (territorial conflicts), and sort of hates-but-envies Argentina (mostly football reasons.) Chile also loves Uruguay (marihuana and a cool president) and Brazil (beaches, asses and football.) Most Chileans would talk about Peruvians and Bolivians as people only slightly more evolved than monkeys. All Peruvians and Bolivians are dumb, ugly and smelly. But they are cheap labour, so we sort of tolerate them here. I think it goes without saying, but I'm not part of that point of view.

Argentina dislikes Brazil, mocks Chile and is 50-50 to Uruguay. I think most of them don't really like Paraguay.

Brazil dislikes Argentina, and I have no idea about their perception of the rest of South America.

I think Peruvians and Bolivians hate Chile, but I don't know how they get along.

Oh, and the South American hierarchy is: Brazil, Argentina, Chile (Tier 1, in that order); Uruguay, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela (Tier 2); Bolivia, Peru, Paraguay (Tier 3); and Guyana, French Guiana and Suriname (Tier 4, nobody really knows what's going on there).

Those tiers sort of indicate economic status, quality of education, quality of healthcare, social development and recognition from pairs. Obviously, Brazil is the powerhouse of South America.

perkana

#308 Post by perkana » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Colombians and Venezuelans hate each others guts too. Everybody hates us because they think we are licking the US balls. People hate Centroamericans because they stay here for a while before heading to the North. Some Mexicans would love to be part of the US and they give us a bad name. Oh yeah, some feel Spanish too. I just found it weird when they preferred Germany. I find it fucked up that there Mexican neonazis too.

Bandit72

#309 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:19 pm

LOL Larry and Perkana. You see, you can't get this kind of information from reading books. You need indigenous FACTS.

Artemis

#310 Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:10 pm

Yes, LOL at Larry and Perkana.

A friend of mine lives next door to a Chilean family and across the street is a lesbian couple from Peru and Colombia. :lol:

Larry B.

#311 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:09 pm

Artemis wrote:Yes, LOL at Larry and Perkana.

A friend of mine lives next door to a Chilean family and across the street is a lesbian couple from Peru and Colombia. :lol:
I bet the Chilean family hates those women across the street. In general terms, Chileans who're over 35 years old don't approve of homosexuality, even less if there's a Peruvian involved!

Artemis

#312 Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:56 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Artemis wrote:Yes, LOL at Larry and Perkana.

I bet the Chilean family hates those women across the street. In general terms, Chileans who're over 35 years old don't approve of homosexuality, even less if there's a Peruvian involved!
I would guess the Chilean couple are in their late 40s/ early 50s because their children are in their 20s.

SR

#313 Post by SR » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:09 am

Thank god, it's over.

Bandit72

#314 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:13 pm

SR wrote:Thank god, it's over.
DOMESTIC SEASONS START IN THREE WEEKS!! :thumb:

Larry B.

#315 Post by Larry B. » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Bandit72 wrote:
DOMESTIC SEASONS START IN THREE WEEKS!! :thumb:
And pre-season friendlies start next week! :cheers:

Matz

#316 Post by Matz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:41 pm

exactly...man, I'm agreeing a lot with this man today

Artemis

#317 Post by Artemis » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:12 pm

I, for one, enjoyed the WC this year. It was enough soccer to satisfy me now until 2018. :lol:

perkana

#318 Post by perkana » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:13 pm

Looking forward to Russia, is it? :rockon:

Bandit72

#319 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:10 am

After helping Germany lift the World Cup midfilder Mesut Özil has captured the hearts of Brazilian youngsters, after revealing he has donated around £350,000 of his personal winnings to 23 children's surgeries in the South American country.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... firms.html

SR

#320 Post by SR » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:36 am

Bandit72 wrote:
After helping Germany lift the World Cup midfilder Mesut Özil has captured the hearts of Brazilian youngsters, after revealing he has donated around £350,000 of his personal winnings to 23 children's surgeries in the South American country.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... firms.html
A finer legacy..... :cool:

Artemis

#321 Post by Artemis » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:22 pm

I can't believe FIFA didn't consider the heat factor when selecting Qatar for the 2022 World Cup. I don't know if it's been passed yet but they are proposing moving the games to November instead of June and July.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-02-24/b ... cup-coming

mockbee

#322 Post by mockbee » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:24 pm

Artemis wrote:I can't believe FIFA didn't consider the heat factor when selecting Qatar for the 2022 World Cup. I don't know if it's been passed yet but they are proposing moving the games to November instead of June and July.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-02-24/b ... cup-coming

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:noclue:

Matz

#323 Post by Matz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:45 pm

and the fact that slaves are building the stadiums. Lots of them have died ín the process. They arrive from places like India and get their passports confiscated for 2-5 years or something and then maybe if they're lucky they get to go home

Michael Laudrup that fuckin money worshipping clown is a coach in Qatar right now, it's embarrassing

Bandit72

#324 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:17 am

Europe should boycott the cup. Which would be a problem for them as 75% of the players in the World Cup play in Europe.

Larry B.

#325 Post by Larry B. » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:41 am

Artemis wrote:I can't believe FIFA didn't consider the heat factor when selecting Qatar for the 2022 World Cup.
I think the official reports did consider the heat factor as one of the several reasons why the World Cup shouldn't be held in Qatar. The thing is, money weighs more than common sense.

I also think Europe should boycott this shit. The Chairman of Bayern München said that European teams should be compensated for the disruption of their league calendars... but I'm hoping a strong personality leads a boycott that ends up maybe with an "unofficial" World Cup and/or a complete overhaul of FIFA.