game of thrones (book) with spoilers

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Mescal

Re: game of thrones (book) with spoilers

#26 Post by Mescal » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:29 pm

In the books they mention who the mother is, don't they? (well who the woman was Ned Stark fell in love with)

Don't remember who or what. So much info. Wasn't it in a scene with the Onion knight looking for allies for King Stannis?

perkana

#27 Post by perkana » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:48 pm

You mean Wylla? I think this was just made up. It doesn't sound too real to me.
Here are some other theories...
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jon_Snow/Theories
edit: ah, just read about the fisherman's daughter. I think it's just a rumour.

Mescal

#28 Post by Mescal » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:41 pm

No, no.

It's the father of the woman (I think) who confirms it, no? It's near the end in the books.

Anyway, there's already a lost Targaryen heir in the book, wouldn't two be a bit stretching it? Also, in the book it says he's a warg (he has it in him anyway - The warg from the others confirms it, and he also has vivid dreams with his wolf and all that). Do the Targaryens have a history of wargs?

Haven't read the theories, but the thought has never crossed my mind.

But everything's possible :)

perkana

#29 Post by perkana » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Because he's half a Stark...He has both.

Mescal

#30 Post by Mescal » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:48 pm

perkana wrote:Because he's half a Stark...He has both.

One ring to rule them all :)

perkana

#31 Post by perkana » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:49 pm

:lol: Yeah...anyway, I haven't read the last book. I can't wait to get more insight.

perkana

#32 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:27 pm

Mescal wrote:Anyway, there's already a lost Targaryen heir in the book, wouldn't two be a bit stretching it
So I've read that part about Griff and Young Griff (Aegon). And I agree with you, two lost heirs would be over the top, even for G.R.R. Martin. I'm just happy reading about how many want to join Dany. Looking forward to how things will work out (I remember reading on the wiki about whom she decides to marry in the end but for the life of me, I can't remember!)

Mescal

#33 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:01 am

So how do you think this season will end?

With the murder of Tywin? (or has that already happened? - I'm not up to par with the episodes)

perkana

#34 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:02 am

I haven't seen the last episode, but from what I've read here, only Oberyn got killed. I think it will end with Tywin's murder. Next episode seems to be the battle at Castle Black, so Ygritte is next :sad:

perkana

#35 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:54 am

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news ... k-20140603
I don't care how much material he has, as long as he releases one soon.

Xizen47

#36 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:35 am

So I'm guessing there going to save the battle with Mance for next season? Or will they combine the 2 wall battles?

I'm also wondering if we'll see Lady Stoneheart for the final scene

perkana

#37 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:49 am

I think it's going to end like that this season (I saw a giant trying to open a tunnel gate in a trailer for this season). My guess, Tywin (and Shae) gets killed and we see Lady Stoneheart at the very end.
yeah, at 52'

perkana

#38 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Xizen47 wrote:So I'm guessing there going to save the battle with Mance for next season? Or will they combine the 2 wall battles?

I'm also wondering if we'll see Lady Stoneheart for the final scene
Now I'm confused...two battles? so there's the one in which the wildlings come with Mance and in which he's captured (as well as his wife and child + Ygritte gets killed).
So many people getting killed or are in battles that I can't keep track :essence:

Xizen47

#39 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:28 pm

perkana wrote:Now I'm confused...two battles? so there's the one in which the wildlings come with Mance and in which he's captured (as well as his wife and child + Ygritte gets killed).
So many people getting killed or are in battles that I can't keep track :essence:

Yeah, the battle where Ygritte gets killed happens earlier than the big battle (vs Mance), on the other side of the wall.

Kind of hard to imagine the shows creators squeezing everything left in the book into 2 hour time frame :noclue:

perkana

#40 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Ah, now I remember...Ygritte and others get killed outside, when they throw arrows at them and burn the whole thing at the yard. Then the giants and the rest happens. Tormund Giantsbane remains alive, if I remember correctly, while the guy with the bones with Mance get captured.

Mescal

#41 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:06 pm

who is lady Stoneheart again?

Ygritte gets killed during the first attack (but that was also inside castle black, no?) Mance gets captured in the second attack, when Stannis comes to the rescue

perkana

#42 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Catelyn Stark resuscitated.

Mescal

#43 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Does that happen so soon? Can't really remember. Isn't that around the time when the hound is dying? Or is he dying en the series? :)

I wonder how they will depict her. I have a very eeuuuhh, gore, picture of her in my head. Lady Stoneheart from the series will never match that

perkana

#44 Post by perkana » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:49 am

Oh God, when was the Hound dying? I should read the books more carefully. Doesn't Arya leave him all hurt? I remember he went with some other dudes on a rampage.
These are only depictions of what she *might* look like...I've always thought she was a bitch, so now she's going to be a mega bitch. It does happen in the end of Storm of Swords, so I think she will make an appearance.

Mescal

#45 Post by Mescal » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:46 pm

Yeah, she leaves him all hurt, and then he dies from his infested wound, no? Then he meets Lady Stoneheart and the troups (what's the name again of that dude that dies several times?)

perkana

#46 Post by perkana » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:29 am

Lord Beric Dondarrion

perkana

#47 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:14 am

Even though I really liked last night's episode, I agree with this:
Hey, book readers, where was that ending we were all waiting for?! You know the one. The exciting Deus Ex Stannis-at-the-Wall?! I suppose they're saving that reveal for the finale, but that feels foolish given how many other things they need to accomplish in that episode. If Ygritte’s death wasn’t going to land with an emotionally satisfying thud, then wouldn’t we have been mollified by the arrival of Stannis and the Dragonstone cavalry? And wouldn’t that have been the first time show watchers would have been actually pleased to see Stannis? Oh he’s still coming. But now his big moment will be drowned in a sea of even bigger moments. Now Stannis won’t get his time in the spotlight (story of his life) and, as we all know, the show version of Stannis could use all the help he could get in the popularity department.
http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/ ... -out-plots
All in all, I think they did a very good job. If GoT had been done in movies and with all the details, I think it would have been done in at least 14 movies, so I can't complain. They can trim away...
For me just the first appearance of Lady Stoneheart with end this season with a bang. I saw want to see that!

perkana

#48 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:38 am

Bloody hell!! My English sucks when I get excited *with end = would end, *I saw=I so

Essence_Smith

#49 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:43 pm

I haven't gotten to Stoneheart in the books yet, but my cousin spoiled this for me while I was still watching season 2 of the show and hadn't read any of the books...I'm about to get the damn audio books just to catch up...for some reason my cousin mentioned hearing that they weren't going to include the character. Without giving up too much...could they do the story without that character???

perkana

#50 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:49 pm

At this point, they have so many loose ends that I still don't know how they are going to end this season. Book 3 (A Storm of Swords) ends with her appearance and I almost shat myself reading it.