game of thrones (book) with spoilers

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Mescal

game of thrones (book) with spoilers

#1 Post by Mescal » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:57 am

I've read the books now (well finishing off the last one).

So nothing new to me :)

Can't wait to see it though

perkana

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#2 Post by perkana » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:16 am

I'm still on book 3 (Storm of Swords or something like that), although they do change it a bit on the show. I think I know what's going to happen next season to a particular nasty character. But I don't care, I've grown to love all the characters.

Xizen47

#3 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:42 am

This season shoud satisfy those people who thought season 3 was slow... Shits about to go down :rockon:

JOEinPHX

#4 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:25 pm

YES!!!! :aoa:

perkana

#5 Post by perkana » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:41 am

Just finished reading A Storm of Swords...really looking forward to what was left of this book. Do you think they will do it in the first two episodes? I think so.

Xizen47

#6 Post by Xizen47 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:29 pm

perkana wrote:Do you think they will do it in the first two episodes? I think so.
Yes, I think it will be episode 2. With everything that's about to happen they have to take care of it quick

I think this season will end up being the best season in the entire series, with everything that's about to go down... I'm about 300 pages away from finishing Dance with Dragons, and while the books continue to be great, nothing beats the last couple hundred pages of Storm of Swords (from the Red Wedding to finish)- Full Throttle!

perkana

#7 Post by perkana » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:25 am

I know! I thought that was going to be the main event (Red Wedding), but while I kept reading, I couldn't stop being surprised. Up until the last moment. I'm glad no one spoiled it for me. Now for me it's a game to guess who might still be alive at the end of each book. I'm trying hard not to care too much for any character just in case :lol:

Mescal

#8 Post by Mescal » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:20 am

I read it all now ...

It's been a while since I read that third book though ... Can't really tell which is which anymore, since there's always a lot happening :)

So the big event you're talking about now ... Would that be the other wedding? Or does it involve crows?

perkana

#9 Post by perkana » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:50 am

*SPOILER ALERT*
It involves the other wedding, the whole Castle Black thing with you know who becoming you know what and the last chapter with S in the V (where P throws L). I don't want to spoil it for anyone!
edit: forgot also the part in which Tyrion does you know what before escaping.

Mescal

#10 Post by Mescal » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:16 pm

perkana wrote:*SPOILER ALERT*
It involves the other wedding, the whole Castle Black thing with you know who becoming you know what and the last chapter with S in the V (where P throws L). I don't want to spoil it for anyone!
I don't know what you're talking about with the S, V, P and L.

The Tyrionay on the escapingbray happens pretty much in the wake of the weddingay, so that won't be too far apart.

I meant the Castle blacknay in which wake the somebody doesn't live to tellay. I almost shed a tear when I read that part. But that was near the end of the book, no? Can't really remember

perkana

#11 Post by perkana » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Mescal wrote:
perkana wrote:*SPOILER ALERT*
I don't know what you're talking about with the S, V, P and L.

The Tyrionay on the escapingbray happens pretty much in the wake of the weddingay, so that won't be too far apart.

I meant the Castle blacknay in which wake the somebody doesn't live to tellay. I almost shed a tear when I read that part. But that was near the end of the book, no? Can't really remember
S=Sansa
in the V= in the Vale
P = Petyr
L= Lyssa
Actually, Tyrion escapes in book no. 4 (I'm reading it now)
And I was talking about Jon becoming you know what. I'm trying not to spill the beans.

creep
Site Admin

#12 Post by creep » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:54 pm

spoilers before the season starts. :no:

i guess i should avoid this thread.

perkana

#13 Post by perkana » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:56 pm

creep wrote:spoilers before the season starts. :no:

i guess i should avoid this thread.
Sorry, hence the spoiler alert :sulk:

Mescal

#14 Post by Mescal » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Creep, best you delete previous posts ...

Maybe we can make our own game of thrones Spoiler thread

kv

#15 Post by kv » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:01 am

ya prob a good idea...it's hbo game of thrones thread, not books thread...i have been fast skimming and marking as read...which kind takes away point of thread

or creep could fix the board and add the spoiler tab where you have to click to see the spoiler ( or highlight to see through a blacked out text)...but that will never happen so ya...a new thread prob best course of action

perkana

Re: game of thrones (book) with spoilers

#16 Post by perkana » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:38 am

Cool! Thanks creep :cool:

perkana

#17 Post by perkana » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:42 am

Now I can say this...how soon do you think they're going to kill Ygritte? When I read it, I couldn't believe it. I mean, they have created a lot of characters on the show, wonder if they will keep her for a bit longer. But I guess not, after the battle at Castle Black she has to die :conf:
Really looking forward to these deaths: Joffrey and Lord Tywin. Season 4 will start with a bang definitely :cool:

Mescal

#18 Post by Mescal » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:15 am

perkana wrote:Now I can say this...how soon do you think they're going to kill Ygritte? When I read it, I couldn't believe it. I mean, they have created a lot of characters on the show, wonder if they will keep her for a bit longer. But I guess not, after the battle at Castle Black she has to die :conf:
Really looking forward to these deaths: Joffrey and Lord Tywin. Season 4 will start with a bang definitely :cool:
That's what I was talking about :)

The invasion by the Others and Ygritte dying. I didn't really expect that

That book was definitely the best. It slows down a bit after that.

perkana

#19 Post by perkana » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:01 pm

The season that’s about to debut covers the second half of the third book. The third book [A Storm of Swords] was so long that it had to be split into two. But there are two more books beyond that, A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. A Dance with Dragons is itself a book that’s as big as A Storm of Swords. So there’s potentially three more seasons there, between Feast and Dance, if they split into two the way they did [with Storms]. Now, Feast and Dance take place simultaneously. So you can’t do Feast and then Dance the way I did. You can combine them and do it chronologically. And it’s my hope that they’ll do it that way and then, long before they catch up with me, I’ll have published The Winds of Winter, which’ll give me another couple years. It might be tight on the last book, A Dream of Spring, as they juggernaut forward.
http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/ ... -interview

Xizen47

#20 Post by Xizen47 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 am

Finished Dance With Dragons last week :aoa: Winds of Winter can't come soon enough

Anyone here read them all?

perkana

#21 Post by perkana » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Mezcal has. I'm almost done with Feast of Crows.

Mescal

#22 Post by Mescal » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:45 pm

Xizen47 wrote:Finished Dance With Dragons last week :aoa: Winds of Winter can't come soon enough

Anyone here read them all?
Yeah well, it won't be before 2015.

Essence_Smith

#23 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:27 pm

So I have a confession... I have NEVER seen this show or read any of the books etc. I've been hearing about it for years and have been curious, but I'm NOT a big TV guy so I just haven't gotten around to it. However this weekend I am planning on binge watching it from season one episode one...I am trying to keep my expectations low as usual and know pretty much NOTHING about it...sooooooo...wish me luck...I guess I'll let ya'll know... :wave:

perkana

#24 Post by perkana » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:37 am

You're going to love it ES! There's been a marathon on HBO this week (just finished season 1). Season 4 starts next Sunday (April 6)...Can't fucking wait!

perkana

#25 Post by perkana » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:33 am

What do you guys think about the theory that a lot of fans share: Rhaegar and Lyanna being the true parents of Jon Snow. The more I think about it, the more I believe that it's not that far out.
And I like the idea that since he's a black brother, he wouldn't seek the throne. And him being half a Targaryen and nephew of Daenerys is kinda cool.