John Frusciante's new musical life

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
janesbiggestfan

John Frusciante's new musical life

#1 Post by janesbiggestfan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:47 am

His new EP was publihed recently. More or less a continuation on the "experimental" electronic music of the last few of his releases.
I was reading this interview with him and one sentence really striked me, because it shows how different his approach is from the Jane's guys approach.

"For me, living and making music, they’re one thing. It’s not like a job that I go to a studio to do, or a chore that I have to get myself in the mood to do, or something. It’s the thing that I need to do every day."

Really, you have to respect the guy. In this cynicism-prone western society the reaction of many people is to diss his approach and words, try to present him as "crazy", excentric or something of this sort (which as I remember was the reaction of both Anthony Kiedis and Chad Smith in some recent interview) but to me he seems completely genuine. I think he's a happy human doing what he loves.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... -with-rock

Matz

Re: John Frusciante's new musical life

#2 Post by Matz » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:18 am

good interview, love his dedication, pretty inspiring. But I can't get into this new music, too chaotic, not much melody etc. All these new toys of his aren't doing him much good I think, too messy and not enough emphasis is put on creating really good songs like he did on Niandra Lades e.g

He's such an intelligent guy so it's surprising to me that he makes this kind of music to me to be honest

Juana

#3 Post by Juana » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:54 pm

janesbiggestfan wrote:His new EP was publihed recently. More or less a continuation on the "experimental" electronic music of the last few of his releases.
I was reading this interview with him and one sentence really striked me, because it shows how different his approach is from the Jane's guys approach.

"For me, living and making music, they’re one thing. It’s not like a job that I go to a studio to do, or a chore that I have to get myself in the mood to do, or something. It’s the thing that I need to do every day."

Really, you have to respect the guy. In this cynicism-prone western society the reaction of many people is to diss his approach and words, try to present him as "crazy", excentric or something of this sort (which as I remember was the reaction of both Anthony Kiedis and Chad Smith in some recent interview) but to me he seems completely genuine. I think he's a happy human doing what he loves.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... -with-rock
John put himself thru hell and came out of it. He is happy with who he is by all accounts and he makes a great steak. Any person that offers food to people they're just meeting is okay in my book.

SR

#4 Post by SR » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:21 pm

In what new interviews do ak and chad address froosh?

Juana

#5 Post by Juana » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:31 pm

SR wrote:In what new interviews do ak and chad address froosh?
I do not think they do. Only person from that camp I have seen speak publicly about John was Flea.

Pandemonium

#6 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 26, 2015 9:13 am

So John says he will no longer release his music "for public consumption?"

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/05/j ... nsumption/

perkana

#7 Post by perkana » Tue May 26, 2015 11:38 am

Sounds good to me...
“For the last year and a half I made the decision to stop making music for anybody and with no intention of releasing it, which is what I was doing between 2008 and 2012,” Frusciante explains.” I felt that if I took the public into consideration at all, I wasn’t going to grow and I wasn’t going to learn. Being an electronic musician meant I had to woodshed for a while, so I have a good few years worth of material from that period that’s never been released…”