off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
chaos

First World Problem of the Day

#1 Post by chaos » Mon May 13, 2013 10:34 am

Today's issue: Too many pickles on a sandwich. :lol:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... story.html

Police: Assault prompted by 'too many pickles'
May 13, 2013

QUINCY, Mass. (AP) — A Quincy woman is facing an assault charge for allegedly punching a restaurant worker for putting too many pickles on her steak and cheese sandwich, police said Monday.

Tina Drouin, 49, ordered the sub from Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs in the Quincy Center subway/commuter rail station at about 2 p.m. Saturday, according to MBTA police. Drouin started loudly complaining, used a profanity, and made other derogatory comments about the ratio of certain ingredients as the worker prepared the sandwich, police said.

Finally, she demanded a refund.

The worker refused.

That’s when Drouin allegedly punched the female worker in the face, and pushed over two large pickle jars, knocking the worker to the floor and shattering the jars, police said.

Drouin ran from the station with the worker in pursuit. The worker nabbed Drouin nearby outside city hall and held her until police arrived.

Drouin told police the episode began when the sandwich maker put ‘‘too many pickles’’ on her lunch. She complained to police of neck pain and was taken to a hospital.

She'll be summoned to Quincy District Court to face an assault charge, police said. The Associated Press couldn’t locate a listed phone number for her.

Artemis

Re: First World Problem of the Day

#2 Post by Artemis » Mon May 13, 2013 3:32 pm

:lol: that woman is a nut case. there are never too many pickles.

Hype

#3 Post by Hype » Mon May 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Artemis wrote::lol: that woman is a nut case. there are never too many pickles.

Juana

#4 Post by Juana » Mon May 13, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeah there are but you can always just take them off, people that flip out like that make me think the ole gene pool needs a little chlorine

Hype

#5 Post by Hype » Mon May 13, 2013 4:00 pm

But then how would we learn tolerance? :lol:

Juana

#6 Post by Juana » Mon May 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:But then how would we learn tolerance? :lol:
Yeah yeah yeah, I say treat em like old people!! :banghead: :lolol:

JOEinPHX

#7 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon May 13, 2013 5:25 pm

I HATE when they put pickles on my sandwich. Or mayonnaise. or mustard. or ketchup. Did I fucking ask for shit that completely destroys the taste of what I ordered? No.

:ax:

Artemis

#8 Post by Artemis » Wed May 15, 2013 10:03 am

If I didn't have to go back down to the food court, I would go back to assault the server who served me my soup today. I specifically said, 'Please, do not put the crackers on the lid of the soup." So, I am unpacking my soup and see the crackers on top of the lid!! I hate that! The heat makes the plastic packaging kind of melted which makes the crackers inedible for me. :mad:

Larry B.

#9 Post by Larry B. » Wed May 15, 2013 10:10 am

One time, my stepmother pulled my hair because I didn't eat the hamburger she ordered for me. I didn't eat it because it had ketchup, and I had told her that I didn't want it with ketchup. I don't like fucking ketchup.

She brought me the hamburger, I took a bite, swallowed it and left it there. She was pissed off, so as we were walking back home, her hand sneaked up my neck and pulled on my hair really strongly. I must have been 12.

To this day, when I visit them she still asks me if I want ketchup with that hot dog.

What type of mother doesn't know or care what stuff her kids hate? Stepmothers.

Artemis

#10 Post by Artemis » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:00 pm

The gardeners have been here all freakin afternoon making a racket with their trimmers and blowers.

sinep

#11 Post by sinep » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Larry B. wrote:One time, my stepmother pulled my hair because I didn't eat the hamburger she ordered for me. I didn't eat it because it had ketchup, and I had told her that I didn't want it with ketchup. I don't like fucking ketchup.

She brought me the hamburger, I took a bite, swallowed it and left it there. She was pissed off, so as we were walking back home, her hand sneaked up my neck and pulled on my hair really strongly. I must have been 12.

To this day, when I visit them she still asks me if I want ketchup with that hot dog.

she doesn't remember if you don't like ketchup or not because she doesn't love you.

Larry B.

#12 Post by Larry B. » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:16 pm

sinep wrote:
Larry B. wrote:One time, my stepmother pulled my hair because I didn't eat the hamburger she ordered for me. I didn't eat it because it had ketchup, and I had told her that I didn't want it with ketchup. I don't like fucking ketchup.

she doesn't remember if you don't like ketchup or not because she doesn't love you.
Duh.

JOEinPHX

#13 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Reminds me of all the times my mother would make 5-7 hamburgers, and then just leave them on the counter.

I never understood why till one day she said "I always make extra hamburgers and you never eat any."

To which I told her that it was my younger brother who loved them, and I was the one who hated them and hadn't eaten one since I was 8 years old.

"oh", she says.

Then proceeds to continue to make 5-7 hamburgers anytime she wants one.

Alzheimer's has been setting in for a decade, but I realize that she also probably never paid attention to me to begin with :/

Larry B.

#14 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:

Reminds me of all the times my mother would make 5-7 hamburgers, and then just leave them on the counter.

I never understood why till one day she said "I always make extra hamburgers and you never eat any."

To which I told her that it was my younger brother who loved them, and I was the one who hated them and hadn't eaten one since I was 8 years old.

"oh", she says.

Then proceeds to continue to make 5-7 hamburgers anytime she wants one.

Alzheimer's has been setting in for a decade, but I realize that she also probably never paid attention to me to begin with :/
:pat:

chaos

#15 Post by chaos » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:34 am

Woman has epic meltdown at Apple Store Genius Bar and starts screaming at employee because she doesn't have an appointment
The women started banging her baby stroller when told she needed an appointment to get served at the Genius Bar.

Artemis

#16 Post by Artemis » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:33 am

:crazy: :lol:

So, my first problem today:

The canteloupe in the fresh fruit cup I ordered with my lunch today has a slight taste of onions. I think the kitchen prep person did not rinse the knife before cutting fruit! I hate that! :mad:

Hype

#17 Post by Hype » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Sounds like a new hit song... "Onion in the Canteloupe"

She put the onion in the canteloupe,
She make Artemis throw up...

And so on... :bored:

Jasper

#18 Post by Jasper » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Fuck, I went to get one specific video (top one) and got sucked into watching multiple fast food brawls. :no:

chaos

#19 Post by chaos » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:44 pm

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/ ... 48995.html

BMW M6 owner goes Hulk over defects, smashes own car
By Justin Hyde | Motoramic – 4 hours ago

Lord knows there's few frustrations quite as powerful as a car that doesn't work as advertised. Even in our quality-promoting epoch, there's still a hefty business for lemon law attorneys around the United States; in other countries where consumer laws have not advanced so far, those frustrations can fester. At least that's the story told by a man who hauled his 2008 BMW M6 coupe to the Frankfurt Motor Show in Germany last week and started taking batting practice with a sledgehammer.

According to an account in Frankfurt's edition of Bild as tracked down by Carscoops, Italian marble dealer Hadi Pourmohseni staged the demonstration while claiming BMW and his Italian dealer had been unable to fix numerous defects after four years of rigmarole and finger-pointing with the 507-hp car that cost 120,000 euros — $160,000 — new. Hadi said along with a letter to BMW, he brought the car to Frankfurt during the largest European auto show of the year so that he and co-batter Thomas Brunner could publicly unleash some pent-up frustration, noting that a lawsuit over the car would have taken up to seven years. (That's Pourmohseni in the suit and axe below.)

Much like the Chinese men who made similar consumer-protest modifications to a Lamborghini and Maserati, how inflicting thousands of dollars in damage to one's own property is supposed to convince a corporation to take responsibility isn't clear. Pourmohseni has vowed to move the Super Smash Bros. car show to the gates of BMW's headquarters in Munich if he can't find satisfaction — but after that, what's left for BMW to fix?

guysmiley

#20 Post by guysmiley » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:13 am

Jasper wrote:Fuck, I went to get one specific video (top one) and got sucked into watching multiple fast food brawls. :no:

Watching stuff like this makes me not want to go back to the U.S. That kind of thing would never happen here. Never. :no:

guysmiley

#21 Post by guysmiley » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:15 am

I suppose I could just continue to never enter a McDonalds or fast-food joint. I avoid those places like the plague. :jasper:

Bandit72

#22 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:31 am

Is this true?

Artemis

#23 Post by Artemis » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:40 am

I have a first world problem today.

The new shampoo and conditioner I bought from the health food store for $13 a bottle really sucks! :mad:
It has fewer chemicals than the regular shampoos but my hair feels unwashed. Also, the smell is not very good either. It kind of smells the way Dr Buckley's cough syrup tastes - sort of herbacious.

Hype

#24 Post by Hype » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 am

Artemis wrote:I have a first world problem today.

The new shampoo and conditioner I bought from the health food store for $13 a bottle really sucks! :mad:
It has fewer chemicals than the regular shampoos but my hair feels unwashed. Also, the smell is not very good either. It kind of smells the way Dr Buckley's cough syrup tastes - sort of herbacious.
Nobody ever died because of sodium lauryl sulfate in their body-cleaning products. The "herbal" product industry relies on way too much fear-mongering to get people to buy their inferior, overpriced nonsense (like flouride-free toothpaste...).

Buy Pantene! Be free and have properly washed hair! :lol:

I've started using this "all-in-one" "for men" shit... it's shampoo and conditioner and body wash all in one... and it seems to do the trick just fine:

:noclue:

Bandit72

#25 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:27 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Artemis wrote:I have a first world problem today.

Nobody ever died because of sodium lauryl sulfate in their body-cleaning products. The "herbal" product industry relies on way too much fear-mongering to get people to buy their inferior, overpriced nonsense (like flouride-free toothpaste...).

Buy Pantene! Be free and have properly washed hair! :lol:

I've started using this "all-in-one" "for men" shit... it's shampoo and conditioner and body wash all in one... and it seems to do the trick just fine:
L'oreal. I imagine that's the same cost as buying three separate ones. Not seen that over here yet, I like their products.