What politician do you hate the most?

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Hyperbolic

What politician do you hate the most?

#1 Post by Hyperbolic » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:33 am

Today, I'd have to go with Willy Telavi. I mean, come on.

yours truly,
Goodluck Jonathan.

cashinnowperry

Re: What politician do you hate the most?

#2 Post by cashinnowperry » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:43 am

Goodluck Johnathan may just be your best one yet. :lol:

nancy pelosi can burn in hell, if there is one, as far as i'm concerned.

thoreau

#3 Post by thoreau » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:29 pm

My current vote is for Florida governor Rick Scott.

He is burning our state on a stake at the moment.

drwintercreeper

#4 Post by drwintercreeper » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Not a big fan of Sam Brownback and Robert Siedlecki Jr at the moment. Thoreau, Siedlecki is imported from your state, so thank you very much. Together, this duo is attempting to destroy SRS as Kansas knows it and they are succeeding. I used to find it ironic that the biggest enemies of the poor and disabled are more often than not christian conservatives... now it's just annoying.

For those that don't know, Siedlecki was hired by Brownback to reorganize SRS in Kansas into something that more closely resembles hell. He's doing a fantastic job.

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:10 pm

cashinnowperry wrote:nancy pelosi can burn in hell, if there is one, as far as i'm concerned.
Seconded.

kv

#6 Post by kv » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
cashinnowperry wrote:nancy pelosi can burn in hell, if there is one, as far as i'm concerned.
Seconded.

Xizen47

#7 Post by Xizen47 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:48 pm

I hate all of them :tiphat:

ellis

#8 Post by ellis » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:00 pm

kv wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Seconded.
Thirded.

creep
Site Admin

#9 Post by creep » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:55 pm

maybe you guy can find her at a supermarket and shoot her in the head. i never understood how worked up people can get over politics. "she can burn in hell"?? i may not like some politicians but i don't wish death upon them.

chaos

#10 Post by chaos » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Ah - where to begin? There are so many. :lol:

guysmiley

#11 Post by guysmiley » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Xizen47 wrote:I hate all of them :tiphat:
+1 :no:

Pandemonium

#12 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:30 pm

creep wrote:maybe you guy can find her at a supermarket and shoot her in the head.
You're banned.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#13 Post by Hokahey » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:00 pm

guysmiley wrote:
+2

sinep

#14 Post by sinep » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:46 am

guysmiley wrote:
just the act of becoming involved in politics means that you're somebody i don't like.

Bandit72

#15 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:25 am

hokahey wrote:
guysmiley wrote:
+2
+3

ant

#16 Post by ant » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:44 pm

+4 on hating all of them

They are all crooked and anyone going into politics is by default suspect. Seems like, especially here in the US, that there isn't even an attempt to mask the fact that these fools really work for the corporations that pay to get them elected than the people they supposedly represent.

Bandit72

#17 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:51 am

Same in the UK. Different face, same shit. People having a stance to the left or the right is all in their head. Every four/eight years the previous government is blamed for things that have lost people their jobs, industries that have collapsed, overspending issues etc...

And today I see the stock market has suffered considerable loss on the back of the eurozone and Americas economy. They don't represent the people at all, they are guided by bankers, as after all, every single political issue or agenda is managed and dictated by money.

ant

#18 Post by ant » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:39 am

The thing that drives me nuts in the US is how many people don't see through all this. Our government has less cash on hand than Apple. That alone tells you who is charge. Money is power here and what power can the gov't have if they can't even make payroll.

Between the citizenry of sheep and the right wing-nuts that want to pray away the gay and any other "abomination" they feel is sinful I'm feeling more and more on the fringe. Thankfully I live in a part of the US where people are openminded and encourage to fly their freak flag. America is on the decline.

Hype

#19 Post by Hype » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:40 pm

I don't have time or energy to hate any politician(s), but I do have more or less respect for lots of them. The politician I respect the least is Ron Paul. I find him disingenuous and painfully one-track.

Here's a good example of Ron Paul probably convincing a lot of people of something that isn't true: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... increases/

Hokahey
Site Admin

#20 Post by Hokahey » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:23 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:I don't have time or energy to hate any politician(s), but I do have more or less respect for lots of them. The politician I respect the least is Ron Paul. I find him disingenuous and painfully one-track.

Here's a good example of Ron Paul probably convincing a lot of people of something that isn't true: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... increases/
Disengenuous? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Wow...

If ANYONE in American politics believes in what he's saying and backs it up over and over and over it's Ron Paul. That's just about the worst possible word you could use to describe him.

If your example is one point of debate in a damn campaign ad you've clearly proven my point.

Hype

#21 Post by Hype » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 am

I don't think anyone can actually believe we should do all the things he's said we should do, over the years, and I also think he knows less about the subjects he talks about than he portrays himself as knowing. It's not so much that he's disingenuous and all other politicians aren't... in fact, he may be the least disingenuous politician of all of them, but I think he's built up a reputation of being "genuine" that I don't think is as deserved as has been argued. I suppose I can admit that he's at least fairly consistent about his libertarian motives for his voting record, but that doesn't mean he's not disingenuous or calculating in how he votes/is portrayed, and I dislike him all the more because people tend to think that he's either a great guy or a nutbag, but also that in either case he's genuine. I don't like him, and I don't think that's as true as people think it is, even if it's more true than it would be about other politicians.

Also, I just don't like the guy, viscerally. :noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#22 Post by Hokahey » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:I don't think anyone can actually believe we should do all the things he's said we should do, over the years
I know quite a few that do. Did you watch the debate last night? Did you hear the cheers and applause he received everytime he spoke? He has a relatively small but very dedicated and vocal following.
and I also think he knows less about the subjects he talks about than he portrays himself as knowing.
Why? I couldn't disagree more. Again, had you watched the debate, you get to see him school the people around him on subjects like our history with Iran making them look absolutely foolish.
It's not so much that he's disingenuous and all other politicians aren't... in fact, he may be the least disingenuous politician of all of them, but I think he's built up a reputation of being "genuine" that I don't think is as deserved as has been argued. I suppose I can admit that he's at least fairly consistent about his libertarian motives for his voting record, but that doesn't mean he's not disingenuous or calculating in how he votes/is portrayed, and I dislike him all the more because people tend to think that he's either a great guy or a nutbag, but also that in either case he's genuine. I don't like him, and I don't think that's as true as people think it is, even if it's more true than it would be about other politicians.

Also, I just don't like the guy, viscerally. :noclue:
Fair enough.

Hype

#23 Post by Hype » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:07 am

I don't doubt that he schooled other people in that debate. A lot of the other people are crazy idiots (one or the other or both). I could school them on American history, and I don't even know American history very well at all (probably any American on this board could school me, and thus, them... since you all got taught that stuff in school...).

It scares me that the Republican party is so messed up that they make Ron Paul look normal. :lol:

Another thing that bothers me about him is that I agree with him on a few things, but for totally different reasons. :lol:

feathers mcgraw

#24 Post by feathers mcgraw » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Over the past week, more than ever, David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. I'll let him off because he didn't plan his holiday to coincide with riots, BUT he seemingly made every decision a day too late, then has the sheer fucking audacity to try and 'fix' the 'ills' in the police force, even after they put themselves at risk going up against those riots, and all the 'ills' I can see are budget related. Then after the riots, instead of trying to tackle root causes and what the rioters were truly discontent about, he decides to attack social media for helping to spread word to other rioters. Oh yeah, and he's now bringing in an American gang expert (or something) to assess how the police force could have dealt with the riots better. British and American policing are vastly different, just watch, this will prove to be absolutely irrelevent to anything.

In short, fuck yourself David Cameron, you total, total ballbag.

[/rant]

Artemis

#25 Post by Artemis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:53 pm

feathers mcgraw wrote:Over the past week, more than ever, David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. I'll let him off because he didn't plan his holiday to coincide with riots, BUT he seemingly made every decision a day too late, then has the sheer fucking audacity to try and 'fix' the 'ills' in the police force, even after they put themselves at risk going up against those riots, and all the 'ills' I can see are budget related. Then after the riots, instead of trying to tackle root causes and what the rioters were truly discontent about, he decides to attack social media for helping to spread word to other rioters. Oh yeah, and he's now bringing in an American gang expert (or something) to assess how the police force could have dealt with the riots better. British and American policing are vastly different, just watch, this will prove to be absolutely irrelevent to anything.

In short, fuck yourself David Cameron, you total, total ballbag.

[/rant]
I agree. :rockon:

David Cameron is unfit to be PM-he's an embarrassment to your country.
In less than 1 year he has been tied to a major scandal(phone hacking) and now his gross mishandling of the riots(crisis situation).

Don't remember if it was him or the mayor of London, but didn't one of them say bad parenting was the cause of the riots? :eyes: