Eric leaves NIN or "the breakdown of nyrexall"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
JOEinPHX

Eric leaves NIN or "the breakdown of nyrexall"

#1 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed May 15, 2013 10:08 am

https://www.facebook.com/ericavery/post ... 8284735038
Eric Avery

its with very mixed emotions i tell you all that im pulling out of NIN. i know. its been a tough call and i don't know if its the right one. but i really want to focus on my musical life here in la, on film work in particular. as the tour dates kept growing… i just got overwhelmed. i just got home from a year of heavy travel with garbage, the idea of leaving town for another year and a half, and with all the intensity that nails demands… fortunately my friend Trent understands all this and appreciated my pulling the plug now instead of deep into 2013 and 14. go get em gentlemen.

thoreau

Re: Eric leaves NIN

#2 Post by thoreau » Wed May 15, 2013 10:10 am

Glad to see we're both on top of things. :wink:

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed May 15, 2013 10:14 am

NIN news is always a race

Jane's news is too sometimes. :lol:

Tyler Durden

#4 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed May 15, 2013 10:23 am

Just read this too. I mean, I get Eric's perspective/position...but man, what an opportunity.

Not to bag on Eric...but it's no wonder he and Perry don't get along. They both have their idiosyncrasies...but obviously, Perry way more so. :hehe:

JOEinPHX

#5 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed May 15, 2013 10:32 am

Trent's Reply/repost:
Trent Reznor shared Eric Avery's post.

I / we get it and love you, Eric. While we're sure going to miss having you along for this adventure I personally cannot wait to hear more great stuff from you...
Seems like he left under amicable circumstances.

trevor ayer

#6 Post by trevor ayer » Wed May 15, 2013 10:36 am

uh oh .. there goes an extra 7 nine in nails ticket sales .. without the drawing power of eric avery fans how will trent sell his show?? .. i am pretty sure trents wife and etty should do a duet .. some islands in the stream type duet over a classic dj peretz beat .. at least eric is available to rejoin janes this summer .. that would be a nice surprise !!

Warped

#7 Post by Warped » Wed May 15, 2013 10:36 am

Totally understandable imo and i agree with TR about new stuff from Eric.

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed May 15, 2013 10:48 am

I'll bet that Eric left because he realized that Trent is the real head. :lol:

Pandemonium

#9 Post by Pandemonium » Wed May 15, 2013 10:50 am

This kind of exposes a key thing about Eric, in that he seems to make some pretty major decisions rather impulsively, regrets it and doesn't see it through. You'd think it would be pretty clear going into this NIN tour that it would be a pretty significant undertaking probably lasting a good year plus. I'm glad he let them know well in advance to give Trent time to bring in someone else but he really shouldn't have even considered the idea based on his stated concerns.

Tyler Durden

#10 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed May 15, 2013 10:58 am

Well, if Trent is looking for a bassist with acceptable chops who will clean toilets and fetch coffee, I'm sure Chris Chaney can free up his schedule.

Juana

#11 Post by Juana » Wed May 15, 2013 11:06 am

Tyler Durden wrote:Well, if Trent is looking for a bassist with acceptable chops who will clean toilets and fetch coffee, I'm sure Chris Chaney can free up his schedule.
I think Chaney is out with Steve Vai, as he was on the album and supposedly on his tour.

SR

#12 Post by SR » Wed May 15, 2013 11:18 am

What a heroic fuck-up..... :eyes: Bass in a bubble. :lol:

bman

#13 Post by bman » Wed May 15, 2013 11:21 am

I love Eric for being the foreskin in Janes 1.0. He and Perry created Janes and Janes would be nothing with them. He also brought the balls back to the band with Ninja. But he is a pussy. He couldn't deal with Perry and Dave's divaness so he left Janes rather than try to make them a great band again. He then gets an opportunity to join a tremendous band and he bails on the the eve of a tour. To each their own but opportunity only knocks so many times.

SR

#14 Post by SR » Wed May 15, 2013 11:25 am

A year and a half with TR and crew could only have served some really fantastic and enlightening moments on so many levels. Dude's 46, 47? I don't and never will blame or fault his decision to leave Jane's, but this is just a seriously misguided decision. :crazy:

Romeo

#15 Post by Romeo » Wed May 15, 2013 11:26 am

Obviously Eric isn't into a instant cash grab. Touring with NIN would have brought him a good chunk of change.

I can respect that.

Tyler Durden

#16 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed May 15, 2013 11:50 am

Before a bunch of us rush to judgment, maybe there is more to it. Maybe he misses his family...maybe someone he loves is sick...maybe _______...who knows? :noclue:

He left Jane's in '91 to get/stay clean. He left again in '10 because he was reminded of what he had always known: him and Perry just don't gel anymore.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#17 Post by Hokahey » Wed May 15, 2013 11:59 am

I was wondering how Lollapalooza was going to work. I guess this solves that.

Tyler Durden

#18 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed May 15, 2013 12:10 pm

hokahey wrote:I was wondering how Lollapalooza was going to work. I guess this solves that.
Perry apes Harrison Ford in Air Force One: "Get off my stage!"

Matz

#19 Post by Matz » Wed May 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Pandemonium wrote:This kind of exposes a key thing about Eric, in that he seems to make some pretty major decisions rather impulsively, regrets it and doesn't see it through. You'd think it would be pretty clear going into this NIN tour that it would be a pretty significant undertaking probably lasting a good year plus. I'm glad he let them know well in advance to give Trent time to bring in someone else but he really shouldn't have even considered the idea based on his stated concerns.
as Hype explained to us all last summer there's no such thing as free will, so this is the only way he could possibly have handled this. :essence:

sucks though, I was looking forward to seeing those guys rock out and possibly have written songs together

blackcoffee

#20 Post by blackcoffee » Wed May 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Pandemonium wrote:This kind of exposes a key thing about Eric, in that he seems to make some pretty major decisions rather impulsively, regrets it and doesn't see it through. You'd think it would be pretty clear going into this NIN tour that it would be a pretty significant undertaking probably lasting a good year plus. I'm glad he let them know well in advance to give Trent time to bring in someone else but he really shouldn't have even considered the idea based on his stated concerns.
I don't know. I think it is as he states. Maybe in the beginning they were planning on doing x number of shows, but it's gotten bigger than originally conceived? Makes no difference to me as I'm not a huge NIN fan. I might have seen them because he was involved.

Tyler Durden

#21 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed May 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Matz wrote: as Hype explained to us all last summer there's no such thing as free will
Please don't encourage him. :balls:

Juana

#22 Post by Juana » Wed May 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Matz wrote: as Hype explained to us all last summer there's no such thing as free will
Please don't encourage him. :balls:
LOL that was a fun one though... :lolol:

tvrec

#23 Post by tvrec » Wed May 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Related?
Twitter...
"Etty Lau Farrell ‏@EttyLauFarrell
Quit? Well yes, if you use that term loosely, like "fired"."

Hokahey
Site Admin

#24 Post by Hokahey » Wed May 15, 2013 2:49 pm

tvrec wrote:Related?
Twitter...
"Etty Lau Farrell ‏@EttyLauFarrell
Quit? Well yes, if you use that term loosely, like "fired"."
I guarantee it's related. She follows the goings on of those that have crossed Perry like a hawk.

When Jane's broke up in '04 she did nothing but feed me tid bits about things she had learned about the former members and how poorly they were doing without Perry.

I was to post them as "rumors" from "a source."

tvrec

#25 Post by tvrec » Wed May 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Too bad she has such poor grammar. It's hard to sound like a sharp-witted woman when she bungles her sentences and says something far less harsh than she intended.