Quirks

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
perkana

Re: Quirks

#101 Post by perkana » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Is loving ironing a quirk? because I really enjoy ironing...it's very relaxing to me

nausearockpig

#102 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:55 pm

perkana wrote:Is loving ironing a quirk? because I really enjoy ironing...it's very relaxing to me
no. that's a sickness... (PS can I send you my shirts each week?....)

Pandemonium

#103 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:I bought an older model Roomba. It goes under my couch easily, and into corners. It doesn't have suction as powerful as a Dyson or anything, but it also doesn't have belts that can break easily, and the method for emptying it is so much better than canister or bag vacs. I run that thing a couple times a week while I'm doing other stuff (like washing dishes, which I also hate), and it keeps the cat hair pretty much under control. I know they make a model for pet-hair that would probably deal with Retriever hair (my parents have a Golden so I know exactly how bad it is) a bit better. Worth thinking about... since at least that way you wouldn't have to move all the furniture, and you could just do the intensive cleaning with the regular vac once a month or something.
I had an older model Roomba about 4 years ago and while it did ok on the (fake) wood floors in the dining room, kitchen and hallway, it just couldn't get around on the thick carpeted living room and bedrooms.

Speaking of vacuums, After my father-in-law passed away last year, we had to go to their house in Tuscon to help move mom-in-law to Atlanta and load the moving truck and either take, donate or trash anything she didn't want (which was a *lot* of stuff) as she sold the house. One of the things I decided to take was a large shop vac. A while back I finally had a need to use it for something in the garage and it stunk really bad so I opened it up to dump and clean it. Inside there was some dirt and dust and the dried up dead corpses of a couple mice and about half a dozen large tarantulas, all of which looked like they'd been in the canister for about 5 years. I later find out that grandpa would "vacuum" up any mice, tarantulas - whatever critters he'd find in the yard, garage or even in the house. But he'd never empty the thing.

Artemis

#104 Post by Artemis » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:52 pm

perkana wrote:Is loving ironing a quirk? because I really enjoy ironing...it's very relaxing to me
i like ironing too. it's a good way to let off steam. :hehe:

nausearockpig

#105 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Artemis wrote:
i like ironing too. it's a good way to let off steam. :hehe:
that comment belongs in another thread....

Romeo

#106 Post by Romeo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:41 am

I love to go food shopping. I would go food shopping everyday if I could.

I HATE doing laundry. I avoid it until I have so much laundry it takes me hours to get it all done.

My friend loves doing laundry and HATES food shopping. She waits until she only has a brown head of lettuce & 1/4 of milk left before she goes to the store.

If we were lesbians we would make the perfect couple.

Essence_Smith

#107 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:04 am

Don't listen to these people...I am a chronic ironer myself...everything except underwear t-shirts and jeans even...you will not catch me dead in anything wrinkled...

perkana

#108 Post by perkana » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Romeo wrote:I love to go food shopping. I would go food shopping everyday if I could.

I HATE doing laundry. I avoid it until I have so much laundry it takes me hours to get it all done.

My friend loves doing laundry and HATES food shopping. She waits until she only has a brown head of lettuce & 1/4 of milk left before she goes to the store.

If we were lesbians we would make the perfect couple.
I hate food shopping that's why I love it that I can do it online and the supermarket brings the stuff to my place.

perkana

#109 Post by perkana » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
Don't listen to these people...I am a chronic ironer myself...everything except underwear t-shirts and jeans even...you will not catch me dead in anything wrinkled...
I've never ironed underwear or bedwear. Jeans I haven't ironed in 10 years maybe, I unwrinkle them when I take them out of the dryer, while they are still warm.

Artemis

#110 Post by Artemis » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:36 pm

I like socks sold on sock hangers. I usually try to buy them on a little hanger.
Also, I don't if it is a quirk, but when I travel I always buy new socks and underwear. I don't travel a lot, so I guess I see it as a treat.

Larry B.

#111 Post by Larry B. » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:37 pm

:lol:

I'd never heard of that. I keep my socks neatly scattered under the bed.

(Not really.)

I don't remember this thread at all. I guess I quirk I have is that if I see a mobile device, I feel compelled to plug it in. If it weren't for me, my girlfriend's phone would last her about 6 hours per day. She arrives in my apartment, I see her phone, I plug it in and it's at 50%. A couple of hours later I see it unplugged and I plug it again. 85%.

What else? I need to have water around me, almost at all times. If I go out, bottle of water. When I'm working, 1 or 2 bottles of water that are filled up after about an hour. When I visit someone, I always ask for a glass of water.

nausearockpig

#112 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Larry B. wrote:
What else? I need to have water around me, almost at all times. If I go out, bottle of water. When I'm working, 1 or 2 bottles of water that are filled up after about an hour. When I visit someone, I always ask for a glass of water.
You're gonna fucking drown, fool...

creep
Site Admin

#113 Post by creep » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Larry B. wrote: If it weren't for me, my girlfriend's phone would last her about 6 hours per day. She arrives in my apartment, I see her phone, I plug it in and it's at 50%. A couple of hours later I see it unplugged and I plug it again. 85%.
i recently dated a girl that would only charge her phone when it died and then she would only charge it for a few minutes. it drove me crazy. i bought her a car charger and she wouldn't use it. she would also get $5 in gas at a time and would never fill up. same thing i guess.

crater

#114 Post by crater » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Romeo wrote: She waits until she only has a brown head of lettuce & 1/4 of milk left before she goes to the store.
Just the idea of drinking milk makes me gag.

If I see someone drinking it in front of me I start to dry heave :jasper:

For a summer I did ride alongs with EMT/paramedics and saw some pretty gnarly stuff in person that didn't really affect me. But drink milk in front of me and I have to leave the room.

SR

#115 Post by SR » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm the guy who likes a round number with no cents at the fuel pump.

I hate over using shaving cream. I constantly rinse at least twice as much from my hands after a lather up. :no:

Hype

#116 Post by Hype » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:22 pm

SR wrote:I'm the guy who likes a round number with no cents at the fuel pump
You don't pay at the pump?

SR

#117 Post by SR » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:11 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Of course. I just try to time my release of the handle to round off to amounts with no cents, such as this $42.00, but I usually end up like this $42.02. :lol:

Like Seinfeld. :banghead:

Hype

#118 Post by Hype » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:54 am

SR wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Of course. I just try to time my release of the handle to round off to amounts with no cents, such as this $42.00, but I usually end up like this $42.02. :lol:

... I meant: you don't preset the amount? I guess if you pre-auth 50 but only need 42 you'd have to play that game... but then you could just pre-auth 40 and get it exact. I guess that's less fun though.

creep
Site Admin

#119 Post by creep » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:06 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
SR wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:

... I meant: you don't preset the amount? I guess if you pre-auth 50 but only need 42 you'd have to play that game... but then you could just pre-auth 40 and get it exact. I guess that's less fun though.
who per-authorizes a certain amount? you just put your card in and pump away.

LJF

#120 Post by LJF » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:35 am

unless you live in NJ you can't pump your own gas here. Although when I fill up my motorcycle they always let me do that. I also try to hit at a 00. Even if using a credit card.

SR

#121 Post by SR » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:34 pm

What do you ride?

LJF

#122 Post by LJF » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:39 pm

SR wrote:What do you ride?

yamaha v star 650, thinking of moving up to the 950. Do you ride.

SR

#123 Post by SR » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Yup. Harley's for years but I'm over it now. Want a buell or a Ducati now. :lol:

wally

#124 Post by wally » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:36 pm

you know buell hasn't been in business for 5 years right? unless you're talking about EBR. but if you're dropping 17K on a sport bike you could do way better than that.
KTM 1290 super duke comes to mind.

SR

#125 Post by SR » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:39 pm

wally wrote:you know buell hasn't been in business for 5 years right? unless you're talking about EBR. but if you're dropping 17K on a sport bike you could do way better than that.
KTM 1290 super duke comes to mind.
I do. I like the Lightning still though 1290? I don't need that kind of power!