Any trainers here? (not running shoes)

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Artemis

Any trainers here? (not running shoes)

#1 Post by Artemis » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 am

A co-worker and I have to do a 4 day training for associates in India using video conference and Live Meeting tools.

At the moment we are working on the content for the trainees' guide(flow charts, checklists, step by step process, tasks).

I've never done this type of training before and am concerned about how to manage my time. The content on paper looks like a lot of information, but presenting it orally may not fill up 28 hours. We'll have some role plays and games too. I'm a little worried because we won't have time to practice before the actual training. We've completed an agenda and allotted time for each topic. I guess it depends on how quickly or slowly the trainees are grasping the information, or if they ask questions or not.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any ideas for an "ice breaker" would be good too. Since the training will be done by video, typical ice breakers won't be possible. So far, my co-worker and I have come up with asking each person to write a few statements about themselves, with one of the statements being false. The participants then guess which is true or false.I know it's not totally original but that's all we got right now. :noclue: