Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Jasper

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#26 Post by Jasper » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:27 am

Hey, y'know what was even better than episode 1? Episode 2.

creep
Site Admin

#27 Post by creep » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:43 am

i saw torrents for episode 2. i think i'm going to wait until sunday.

Jasper

#28 Post by Jasper » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 pm

creep wrote:i saw torrents for episode 2. i think i'm going to wait until sunday.
I watched it twice last night. :banana: I felt a little guilty at first, but then it was so awesome that I didn't care. More power to you if you can resist it.

Odds of me watching it a third time are high. :hehe:

creep
Site Admin

#29 Post by creep » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:i saw torrents for episode 2. i think i'm going to wait until sunday.
I watched it twice last night. :banana: I felt a little guilty at first, but then it was so awesome that I didn't care. More power to you if you can resist it.

:essence: you now nearly have to wait two weeks for the next episode.

Jasper

#30 Post by Jasper » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 pm

creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:

:essence: you now nearly have to wait two weeks for the next episode.
I know that, but I still have a high from seeing it last night, and episode 3 could always leak before then. The first four episodes were sent to critics before the premier.

So, you're purple now, eh?

Jasper

#31 Post by Jasper » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:05 pm

I watched it a third time last night and I'm still not sick of it. :noclue:

Anyway, I remembered that I wanted to comment on the dragon in ep. 1. I thought that dragon looked great. I am not a fan of most CGI creatures. I don't find them convincing. They often look kind of hazy and flat, and the micro-details are too crisp and even (think CGI Yoda's facial wrinkles). Because of this, I've been concerned about the dragons detracting from the realism of the show. The dragon in ep. 1, on the other hand, looked very rich and physically real. It had lots of contrast and the right level of clarity and detail to mimic life. In fact, there were moments when I wondered if they'd made parts of an actual dragon model and then gone over that with CGI. The thing that struck me the most is how natural the wings seemed.

So, thumbs up to whomever is in charge of the dragons. I really hope that they can keep up that quality when one or both of those dragons get bigger (I'm assuming that they do get bigger, as everything seems to point to that happening).

creep
Site Admin

#32 Post by creep » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Jasper wrote:I watched it a third time last night and I'm still not sick of it. :noclue:

Anyway, I remembered that I wanted to comment on the dragon in ep. 1. I thought that dragon looked great. I am not a fan of most CGI creatures. I don't find them convincing. They often look kind of hazy and flat, and the micro-details are too crisp and even (think CGI Yoda's facial wrinkles). Because of this, I've been concerned about the dragons detracting from the realism of the show. The dragon in ep. 1, on the other hand, looked very rich and physically real. It had lots of contrast and the right level of clarity and detail to mimic life. In fact, there were moments when I wondered if they'd made parts of an actual dragon model and then gone over that with CGI. The thing that struck me the most is how natural the wings seemed.

So, thumbs up to whomever is in charge of the dragons. I really hope that they can keep up that quality when one or both of those dragons get bigger (I'm assuming that they do get bigger, as everything seems to point to that happening).
don't you stream this show on your computer? can you really tell from that?

i didn't notice how they looked but their screeching is really annoying.

Jasper

#33 Post by Jasper » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:03 pm

I only use high quality streams for stuff like this. My monitor on my primary computer is large and excellent quality, since it's used for art/design. It basically envelopes my entire field of vision, so I actually like it better than watching something like this on a television.

How could you not have noticed how the dragons looked. :lol: :hs:

*edit*

Oh yeah, I did watch a sub par picture quality thing for episode two. That's all that was available. It was certainly watchable, but well below what I'm used to. I watched the thing three times, after all, so it couldn't have been too painful. I will definitely watch it in high quality when it airs. It's an absolutely excellent episode.

Jasper

#34 Post by Jasper » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:22 pm

I looked at a divx stream of ep. 2 last night and it was actually good quality. :wiggle:

creep
Site Admin

#35 Post by creep » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:53 pm

i gave in and watched episode 2 :banghead: :jasper:

great stuff but i won't talk about it until after it's shown on sunday.

Jasper

#36 Post by Jasper » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:08 pm

creep wrote:i gave in and watched episode 2 :banghead: :jasper:
:pat:
You did the right thing. :nod:

I told you it was good. :wave:

blackcoffee

#37 Post by blackcoffee » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:34 pm

What torrent service should I use to find the best files--and what type of file should I download if I want to burn to a disc--although I just realized I have a mac w/out a dvd burner

actually I can burn a dvd.

So what is the best type of file to look for to burn best quality?

THanks,

Jasper

#38 Post by Jasper » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:10 pm

I have no idea, as I only stream it. I don't know why you'd want to burn it to a disc. Is it so that you can watch it on your tv? If your monitor is so shitty that you don't want to stream it, I'd probably just wait. I mean, it's only 48 hours away. :noclue:

blackcoffee

#39 Post by blackcoffee » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Jasper wrote:I have no idea, as I only stream it. I don't know why you'd want to burn it to a disc. Is it so that you can watch it on your tv? If your monitor is so shitty that you don't want to stream it, I'd probably just wait. I mean, it's only 48 hours away. :noclue:
I've got an imac. The TV in our bedroom is not an HD tv. I want to burn an MP4 to iDVD and then play it on a DVD to watch from the comfort of my bed. Seems as if my general google search has me needing to buy or download other software to do it. I thought between imovie or idvd I could pull this off. Also, I don't have HBO any longer. Usually we rent a season when they come out, but we can't wait....

creep
Site Admin

#40 Post by creep » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:40 pm

i don't know macs but for a pc you have to convert the file to mpeg and then author a dvd. it's not that easy. just watch it on your computer or get hbo. you are missing out.

Jasper

#41 Post by Jasper » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:43 pm

I just found out that the season 2, episode 2 leak was a mistake by HBO. Some HBO division that releases online episodes screwed up and spilled the episode a week early. They quickly took it down, but it was already too late.

Anyway, I thought it was one of the best episodes yet. Some great lines from Tyrion (I may be fucking them up):

"Have you perfected the art of tearing up papers?"
"You should try her fish pie."
"I'm not questioning your honor, I'm denying its existence."

Matz

#42 Post by Matz » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:12 am

I've never watched any of it, but I think I should, sounds pretty good. How's my fellow Dane doing on the show, is he able to blend in or is there a thick Danish accent coming through fx? :lol: that would be bad, trust me

creep
Site Admin

#43 Post by creep » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 am

Matz wrote:I've never watched any of it, but I think I should, sounds pretty good. How's my fellow Dane doing on the show, is he able to blend in or is there a thick Danish accent coming through fx? :lol: that would be bad, trust me

he is in trouble. he has been captured by the starks and everyone is finding out that he fucked his sister and that he paralyzed a little boy trying to kill him. i never detected an accent.

Jasper

#44 Post by Jasper » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:08 am

Nice job with the spoilers, Sploiley McSpoilalot. :eyes:

Yes, Matz, you should watch it. It's excellent.

creep
Site Admin

#45 Post by creep » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:58 pm

am i wrong in thinking that was the weakest episode so far last night?

Jasper

#46 Post by Jasper » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:58 pm

It was definitely a big contrast when compared to last week. A lot of things happened, but it wasn't nearly as interesting. Bummer to lose the guy who transports the people to Castle Black.

I keep wondering what Joffrey has to say about the things that Tyrion does. They haven't shown him reacting to this things. Are we supposed to assume that Joffrey can't overrule Tyrion because his Grandfather (on both sides) controls the money and the military? I mean, on one hand you'd think that Cersei could go complain to Joffrey about Tryion marrying off her daughter, but then again, Joffrey doesn't really give a shit about women, and was threatening to have his mother killed last week. I just wonder why they never show Joffrey and Tyrion interacting as King and Hand.

Anyway, there was no Daenerys Targaryen, no Stannis Baratheon, no Robb, and no Joffrey this week, so I guess we'll probably see all or most of them next week.

Jasper

#47 Post by Jasper » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 pm

I think I meant to post this in the Game of Thrones thread at xiola, but never did.

Lilly Allen had a song called Alfie, about her little brother. Alfie is the puppet in this video:

Lilly Allen's brother is Alfie Allen. Alfie Allen is Theon Greyjoy. Therefor, that puppet is Theon Greyjoy.

wally

#48 Post by wally » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:27 am

ha, thats funny!

crater

#49 Post by crater » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:56 pm

What the fuck was that?! :confused: :yikes:

creep
Site Admin

#50 Post by creep » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:58 pm

:lol: pretty great episode tonight. it pretty much had everything that you would want in an episode and i did learn a new way to torture someone with a rat, bucket and some fire.