underground

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
CaseyContrarian

Re: underground

#51 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:39 am

Tyler Durden wrote:Holy fuck. Can people here stop slobbering all over the head of "Slow Divers"? There's a reason it never made an album: it's just not that good of a song. Maybe if you're stoned out of your mind, but otherwise...it's pretty mediocre.
Agree.

Kajicat

#52 Post by Kajicat » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Slow Divers is excellent...but so is Underground.

Juana

#53 Post by Juana » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:43 pm

I think live once they work this song out and play it a few times it will be a good song for them to jam out on.

kv

#54 Post by kv » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:17 pm

lmfao someone gave him a disco glow stick before the song

Tyler Durden

#55 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:46 pm

kv wrote:

lmfao someone gave him a disco glow stick before the song
Is that a diehard PerryEtty fan or the xiola contingent fucking with him? :lol:

Larry B.

#56 Post by Larry B. » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:12 am

Juana wrote:I think live once Perry works this song out and play it a few times it will be a good song for them to jam out on.
i fixed that for ya...

Pandemonium

#57 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Larry B. wrote:What pisses me off is that they just recorded that song like 5 or 6 months ago. Why would you record a song that you can't pull off live, when you're a live band and you know you're going to be playing it?
U2 does it all the time. Hell, sometimes they can't even pull off songs that they recorded 20+ years ago.

Larry B.

#58 Post by Larry B. » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:46 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Larry B. wrote:What pisses me off is that they just recorded that song like 5 or 6 months ago. Why would you record a song that you can't pull off live, when you're a live band and you know you're going to be playing it?
U2 does it all the time. Hell, sometimes they can't even pull off songs that they recorded 20+ years ago.
Yup... I ask that very same question regarding U2, although I wouldn't expect them to pull off songs from Zooropa.

And exactly like in Jane's Addiction, their weakest link is the frontman.

:banghead:

Pandemonium

#59 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Yup... I ask that very same question regarding U2, although I wouldn't expect them to pull off songs from Zooropa.

I disagree there. I think The Edge blows more stuff live than Bono. Most of the performances of "the Fly" from the 2001 Elevation tour feature The Edge screwing up the solo badly. It's funny, I've often heard stories that the 3 guys kind of hammer Adam Clayton on his playing and musicianship and even the bit in Rattle and Hum movie before the San Francisco outdoor show bears that out, but he seems to screw up the least live of the four guys in the band.

Warped

#60 Post by Warped » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

Adding RHCP. Anthony now has a lyric book on the floor of the stage (but apparently not hidden enough for the people to recognize it, I just read that in a german RHCP forum). I can't stand that guy anymore. And i was really a great fan once. :no:

sonny

#61 Post by sonny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Holy fuck. Can people here stop slobbering all over the head of "Slow Divers"? There's a reason it never made an album: it's just not that good of a song. Maybe if you're stoned out of your mind, but otherwise...it's pretty mediocre.
i disagree. :essence:

kv

#62 Post by kv » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:14 pm

me too

trevor ayer

#63 Post by trevor ayer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:59 pm

nice to know some people on this board actually like old janes better than new janes .. still blows my mind that its even debateable on this board

Tyler Durden

#64 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:10 pm

trevor ayer wrote:nice to know some people on this board actually like old janes better than new janes .. still blows my mind that its even debateable on this board
Who on here says they like new Jane's better than old Jane's? :confused:

CaseyContrarian

#65 Post by CaseyContrarian » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:nice to know some people on this board actually like old janes better than new janes .. still blows my mind that its even debateable on this board
Who on here says they like new Jane's better than old Jane's? :confused:
Yeah, who?

Pure Method

#66 Post by Pure Method » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:45 pm

is this the same trevor :lolol:

you've done a total 180 since xiola!

trevor ayer

#67 Post by trevor ayer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:29 pm

whomever said slow divers wasn't that good and underground was .. thats who

180? not really just wanted to give these guys a chance .. but there are a shit load of 180's all over this board .. i haven't even seen mike gush this hard over janes in a long time .. you guys are showin him up on the posotronic meeter .. glad some of u are still enthused .. maybe the new record will finally kick in after the 57th listen .. mmm probably not .. well every great rock band has ruined themselves with some kind of modern production bullshit that instantly dates the record to the bargain bin at some point i guess .. in thru the out door wasn't exactly awesome .. even neil young had some wacky techno period ... the remaining beatles let their songs sound like geoff lynn instead of the beatles on the new singles on that box set .. i guess u just have to sit thru it and hope they grow out of it and pull out something real sounding down the road .. either that or dave will finally od .. perry will hire nuno for janes and start using auto tune and rapping on the janes records .. they will update their sound to the limp bizkit era

creep
Site Admin

#68 Post by creep » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:40 pm

underground from last night

perry sounds much better than the other time they played it

Diabolik

#69 Post by Diabolik » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:45 pm

That was pretty great.

Forge

#70 Post by Forge » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:55 pm

creep wrote:underground from last night

NICE.

Tyler Durden

#71 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:03 pm

trevor ayer wrote:whomever said slow divers wasn't that good and underground was .. thats who
I also like "Price I Pay" better than "My Cat's Name Is Maceo"; that doesn't mean I like new Jane's better than old Jane's. :noclue: I'm last person should be pointing a finger at when it comes to this issue. :idea:

I have zero plans to buy this new album.

trevor ayer

#72 Post by trevor ayer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:whomever said slow divers wasn't that good and underground was .. thats who
I also like "Price I Pay" better than "My Cat's Name Is Maceo"; that doesn't mean I like new Jane's better than old Jane's. :noclue: I'm last person should be pointing a finger at when it comes to this issue. :idea:

I have zero plans to buy this new album.

yes it does

Pandemonium

#73 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:55 pm

180? not really just wanted to give these guys a chance .. but there are a shit load of 180's all over this board .. i haven't even seen mike gush this hard over janes in a long time .. you guys are showin him up on the posotronic meeter .. glad some of u are still enthused .. maybe the new record will finally kick in after the 57th listen .. mmm probably not .. well every great rock band has ruined themselves with some kind of modern production bullshit that instantly dates the record to the bargain bin at some point i guess .. in thru the out door wasn't exactly awesome .. even neil young had some wacky techno period ... the remaining beatles let their songs sound like geoff lynn instead of the beatles on the new singles on that box set .. i guess u just have to sit thru it and hope they grow out of it and pull out something real sounding down the road .. either that or dave will finally od .. perry will hire nuno for janes and start using auto tune and rapping on the janes records .. they will update their sound to the limp bizkit era
Congratulations on officially becoming the most annoying, ignorant poster on this board.

"Geoff Lynn." STFU.

Larry B.

#74 Post by Larry B. » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 pm

creep wrote:underground from last night

yup... that was pretty good :thumb:

Pure Method

#75 Post by Pure Method » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Pandemonium wrote:

Congratulations on officially becoming the most annoying, ignorant poster on this board.

"Geoff Lynn." STFU.

Ok, I actually think trevor is being kinda funny? My b? No need to repress dissen, eh?