Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
chaos

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#651 Post by chaos » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:00 pm

https://games.yahoo.com/news/game-thron ... 02931.html

Game of Thrones could bring (SPOILER) back to life. Here's how
By Ben Kuchera
21 hours ago

This post contains big spoilers for Game of Thrones, and this is the area of the post where I use many words to make sure none of those spoilers end up on the front page. This is a picture of a zookeeper recreating Chris Pratt's Raptor scene to keep you busy until the story begins.

Ready? Spoilers ahead.

OK, so Jon Snow is dead. And actor Kit Harington has been stating pretty openly that the character is going to stay dead.

But c'mon.

This video does a good job detailing why it's so likely the character will come back, and all the different ways the books and show have set up scenarios in which it could happen.

Mescal

#652 Post by Mescal » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Who was it that surrounded Dany at the end?

Was it a Khal?

Cause in the books she still has one follower of Kahl Drogo who is on her small council (and also goes on the search party for her)

perkana

#653 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Mescal wrote:Was it a Khal?
I thought so too.
On the show I haven't seen any doktahri recently though :noclue:

perkana

#654 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:29 pm

Mescal wrote:
Isn't Arya also dead? Or some sort of undead? A life can only be redeemed by another, and then we see her lying there? And then she goes, aaah, I'm blind.
She just went blind.

perkana

#655 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:24 am

Emilia Clarke's (Daenerys) Valley girl accent

blackula

#656 Post by blackula » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:26 pm

http://m.imgur.com/a/tum01

Nick Cage as every Game of Thrones character

perkana

#657 Post by perkana » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:15 pm

Video they showed at San Diego Comic-Con.

perkana

#658 Post by perkana » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:36 pm

:banana:
On Thursday, HBO programming president Michael Lombardo surprised Game of Thrones fans by announcing that the channel’s premiere series could very well extend to eight seasons, and possibly beyond.

“Seven-seasons-and-out has never been the [internal] conversation,” Lombardo told critics at the Television Critics Association’s press tour on Thursday, in spite of the fact that HBO has held firm to the seven seasons number with press. “The question is: how much beyond seven are we going to do? Obviously we’re shooting six now, hopefully discussing seven. [Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] feel like there’s two more years after six. I would always love for them to change their minds, but that’s what we’re looking at right now.”

Considering the success of the series, Lombardo said that he is also open to a prequel spin-off.

“I would be open to anything that Dan and David wanted to do,” Lomabardo told press, “about Game of Thrones or any subject matter. . .It really would depend fully on what they wanted to do. I think you’re right, there’s enormous storytelling to be mined in a prequel, if [author George R.R. Martin] and Dan and David decide they want to tackle that.”
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... ns-prequel

Jasper

#659 Post by Jasper » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:59 am

The last season could have been two seasons, or a longer single season, leaving in a lot of stuff cut from the books. Season five felt very rushed. I don't think they quite found the balance there between streamlining and filler. They erred on the side of streamlining and it didn't quite work. I mean, even without making it longer, they could have cut out a lot of that lightweight Dorne crap and include Stoneheart. That would have been so much spookier and less goofy.

perkana

#660 Post by perkana » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:52 pm

I agree. Also, I love GoT actors crossing over to other shows/movies like Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) in Star Wars.
Captain Phasma
I've been watching lately a show called Ripper Street
with Jerome Flynn (Bronn) and the other night Iain Glein (Jorah) was in one episode playing a bad guy. I really recommend it. It helps me get through my GoT withdrawal.

Jasper

#661 Post by Jasper » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:19 am

I'm very happy that Ian McShane (Al Swearengen) will have a small-but-important role in the next season of GoT. I don't know what it is, but it's confirmed that he's been cast.

Jasper

#662 Post by Jasper » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Jasper wrote:I'm very happy that Ian McShane (Al Swearengen) will have a small-but-important role in the next season of GoT. I don't know what it is, but it's confirmed that he's been cast.
I guess this could kinda sorta be considered mildly spoilery, so this is a kinda sorta spoiler alert for the article below:
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2 ... n-six.html

Thrones fan site Watchers on the Wall reported on the show’s Season Six casting breakdown in May, which revealed some crucial information on the forthcoming season’s new characters. The casting calls include two crucial parts that both seem to fit with what little we know about McShane’s role: EW’s sources say that McShane has “a relatively small amount of screen-time during the season, yet his character is of key importance.”

So, Exhibit A:

Pirate, man in his 40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.” He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season.

Readers of George R.R. Martin’s novels will easily recognize this pirate as Euron “Crow’s Eye” Greyjoy, the villainous uncle of Theon Greyjoy (Alfie Allen). Fans of McShane, especially his work on Deadwood, will easily recognize that the actor is a perfect fit for a “cunning, ruthless,” “dangerous-looking man.”

And Exhibit B:

Father. Aged 50’s to 60’s, he’s one of the greatest soldiers in Westeros—a humorless martinet, severe and intimidating. He demands martial discipline in the field and in his home. It’s described as “a very good part” for next year and that he’s “centrally involved” in a protagonist’s storyline.

This description also smacks of a character who, up until this point, has been all but a non-factor in the show, but is far more important in Martin’s novels: Randyll Tarly, the cruel, capable father of Samwell Tarly (John Bradley). Again, this role would make sense for McShane, who has a well-established ability to present as stern, “severe and intimidating.”

perkana

#663 Post by perkana » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:23 pm

I thought he would play that character. Stupid internet spoils everything. I still want to see it for realz. I hope it's A, that's the vibe he gives me.

creep
Site Admin

#664 Post by creep » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:44 pm

he has been on ray donovan this season. they haven't really developed his character yet so he hasn't really added much to the show.

perkana

#665 Post by perkana » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:35 pm

I completed this in 3:10 !!
Can You Arrange These “Game Of Thrones” Characters In Order Of Their Deaths?
All men must die. But in what order?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/valar-morghulis
edit: did it again and now I'm down to 2:30...

perkana

#666 Post by perkana » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:35 am

It looks like a Dane will be cast as Euron Greyjoy...
After Birgitte Hjort Sørensen made such a huge splash last season as Karsi, the doomed Wildling chieftainess, it’s no surprise that the Game of Thrones casting team might go after her Borgen co-star Pilou Asbæk. Watchers on the Wall is reporting that Asbæk has been cast as Euron Greyjoy, the dashing, eye patch-wearing uncle to Theon and Yara. Pilou was spotted on set at a significant location today, though HBO has yet to officially confirm he has the part. Asbæk, with his Joshua Jackson-esque good looks, is perfect for the role, and in this casting choice would be in keeping with the Game of Thrones tendency to pick qualified European actors who might fly somewhat under-the-radar for American audiences. (Think Charles Dance, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Liam Cunningham, and Iain Glenn.) For two and a half seasons Asbæk played Kasper Juul, the brilliant, dysfunctional, spin doctor to the Danish prime minister on Borgen. He was basically The West Wing’s Josh Lyman with much more of an edge. Despite its critical acclaim, Borgen has been hard to find in the U.S. but, coincidentally (?), became available on iTunes just today. American audiences may, however, recognize Asbæk for his role as Paolo Orsini on The Borgias and they’ll certainly recognize him after he plays Pontius Pilate in the upcoming version of Ben-Hur. (A role that was originally rumored to go to none other than Pedro Pascal.)

So brace yourselves, Game of Thrones fans, to fall in love with Asbæk. Don’t worry, he’ll be sticking around much longer than his poor Borgen co-star. In the meantime, here’s Asbæk in all his Danish glory.
P.S. I've only seen the second season of Borgen but I don't remember him. Great cast altogether.

chaos

#667 Post by chaos » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Oops! Kit Harington May Have Just Revealed Jon Snow's Fate on Game of Thrones
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/oops-kit-har ... 00011.html

Mescal

#668 Post by Mescal » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:20 am

Ah, there's an article in Humo.

I'll buy it this week then

perkana

#669 Post by perkana » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:58 pm

Some dude from Downtown Abbey will be playing Sam's dad. I'm tired of Jon Snow. I'm more excited about the new actors like Richard E. Grant and Max Von Sydow.

Jasper

#670 Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:05 pm

perkana wrote:Some dude from Downtown Abbey will be playing Sam's dad. I'm tired of Jon Snow. I'm more excited about the new actors like Richard E. Grant and Max Von Sydow.
James Faulkner has the stern, cold, asshole-dad thing down, so the casting makes sense. He could be like a less-cuddly version of Tywin Lannister. :lol:

perkana

#671 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:05 am

Who is he in Downtown Abbey? I've seen some episodes here and there. Yeah, Tywin looks like a teddy bear next to him :lol:

kv

#672 Post by kv » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Downtown? :bigrin:

perkana

#673 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:34 pm

kv wrote:Downtown? :bigrin:
You like watching it?
I googled him and he played a creepy character before. He's kinda hot for an old dude :hehe:
ImageImage

mockbee

#674 Post by mockbee » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:29 pm

perkana wrote:
kv wrote:Downtown? :bigrin:
You like watching it?

:hehe:

Jasper

#675 Post by Jasper » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:07 pm

perkana wrote: