Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
creep
Site Admin

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#626 Post by creep » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:48 pm

chaos wrote:Season 6 Prediction: Melisandre (the witch) will intervene to save someone (who appears to have been killed in the season 5 finale).
didn't think of that. you are probably right.

kv

#627 Post by kv » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:59 pm

mine is jon snow's ghost enters his wolf...ya know the one named ghost

creep
Site Admin

#628 Post by creep » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:00 pm

kv wrote:mine is jon snow's ghost enters his wolf...ya know the one named ghost
pervert

perkana

#629 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Or he could become a white walker. With this show it can be anything.

perkana

#630 Post by perkana » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:20 pm

kv wrote:mine is jon snow's ghost enters his wolf...ya know the one named ghost
That’s the most popular theory. But Melisandre could burn him before that :noclue:

intertwoven

#631 Post by intertwoven » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:24 pm

Yeah, we can't have seen the last of him yet, right? (According to a popular fan theory) he's the titular song of ice and fire!

Jasper

#632 Post by Jasper » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:26 pm

An interview came out where Kit Harington says his character is dead and he's not coming back next season.
This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/ga ... -interview

perkana

#633 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:39 am

This is intriguing. I read another where he said he wouldn't tell if he was coming back. But he definitely won't be for next season. It was nice to take a break from Bran's storyline. Looking forward to next season.

perkana

#634 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:29 am

intertwoven wrote:Yeah, we can't have seen the last of him yet, right? (According to a popular fan theory) he's the titular song of ice and fire!
***BIG FUCKING SPOILER***
Just for you interwoven :wink:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/y ... .et44EqnG3

perkana

#635 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:34 am

This sums up my feelings about Dorne this season...
This really cracked me up
More jokes http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/come- ... .bonYZ0qvV

kv

#636 Post by kv » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:51 am

but.....i was gonna read those two next wednesday...now you have ruined them for me....

Jasper

#637 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:40 am

It's hard to believe that they managed to ruin the character of Stannis, then kill him off, all in the course of only two episodes. I never wanted to see Stannis go out that way, but he'd become completely lost and deluded. Melisandre and Davos were like a little devil and a little angel, respectively, and when Stannis sent Davos away he was left alone with the devil. Luckily Davos is still with us, basically the most moral and level-headed aspect of Stannis. Melisandre is still around, but she's having a dark night of the soul. I was sort of hoping that Stannis would pull a Vader and throw her off a cliff or something, but there's no chance for any Stannis redemption now. Maybe Davos can throw her off a cliff instead.

So, I guess the death count of named characters is something like this:

Stannis - DEAD
Selyse (his wife) - DEAD
Meryn Trant - DEAD
Princess Myrcella - DEAD
Jon Snow - DEAD, at least for the foreseeable future

Theon/Reek - Possibly jumped to his death, but probably not
Sansa - Same as Theon, probably not dead

The Mountain - UNDEAD monstrosity

perkana

#638 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Jasper wrote:It's hard to believe that they managed to ruin the character of Stannis, then kill him off, all in the course of only two episodes. I never wanted to see Stannis go out that way, but he'd become completely lost and deluded. Melisandre and Davos were like a little devil and a little angel, respectively, and when Stannis sent Davos away he was left alone with the devil. Luckily Davos is still with us, basically the most moral and level-headed aspect of Stannis. Melisandre is still around, but she's having a dark night of the soul. I was sort of hoping that Stannis would pull a Vader and throw her off a cliff or something, but there's no chance for any Stannis redemption now. Maybe Davos can throw her off a cliff instead.

So, I guess the death count of named characters is something like this:

Stannis - DEAD
Selyse (his wife) - DEAD
Shireen (his daughter) - BURNT ALIVE
Meryn Trant - DEAD
Princess Myrcella - DEAD
Jon Snow - DEAD, at least for the foreseeable future

Theon/Reek - Possibly jumped to his death, but probably not
Sansa - Same as Theon, probably not dead

The Mountain - UNDEAD monstrosity
Btw, where was Dolorous Edd when Jon got stabbed?
He was at the Hardhome massacre but I don't remember seeing him last night.
Third from l-r
Oh yeah, you forgot one more person. He's dying for sure. It starts with a J

Jasper

#639 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:59 pm

Well, it was a small group that killed Jon. I'm guessing Edd was just off in some other part of the castle, doing whatever people do there in their spare time.

I didn't mention Shireen because I was only listing people who died in the finale.
perkana wrote:Oh yeah, you forgot one more person. He's dying for sure. It starts with a J
Jaqen H'ghar? OK, but he didn't really die because he didn't really exist. Apparently he's only a mask No One puts on, and anyone who becomes No One can become Jaqen H'ghar, as we saw right after Jaqen H'ghar #1 died and Jaqen H'ghar #2 appeared. So no one died, and No One died. Was it the same No One that was with Arya from the time she fled King's Landing? I don't know. I don't know if it matters, because by the time someone becomes No One, apparently they really are No One, with no identity other than that of a servant serving the Many Faced God. All of the No Ones seem to be interchangeable.
:scared: :noclue: :confused:

perkana

#640 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Jasper wrote:Well, it was a small group that killed Jon. I'm guessing Edd was just off in some other part of the castle, doing whatever people do there in their spare time.

I didn't mention Shireen because I was only listing people who died in the finale.
perkana wrote:Oh yeah, you forgot one more person. He's dying for sure. It starts with a J
Jaqen H'ghar? OK, but he didn't really die because he didn't really exist. Apparently he's only a mask No One puts on, and anyone who becomes No One can become Jaqen H'ghar, as we saw right after Jaqen H'ghar #1 died and Jaqen H'ghar #2 appeared. So no one died, and No One died. Was it the same No One that was with Arya from the time she fled King's Landing? I don't know. I don't know if it matters, because by the time someone becomes No One, apparently they really are No One, with no identity other than that of a servant serving the Many Faced God. All of the No Ones seem to be interchangeable.
Nope...I wasn't talking about him (I was thinking about the whole season, not only the finale). Think about episode 5.
It's not a spoiler since it's already happened, here's the link...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_T ... )#Episodes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_the_Boy

Jasper

#641 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Yeah, I dunno, and I'm too busy to check. The guy who got roasted by the dragon? Or maybe the guy who Dany executed and pissed off the whole city?

perkana

#642 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Jorah contracting greyscale. Don't know how fast it progresses.

Jasper

#643 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:18 pm

perkana wrote:Jorah contracting greyscale. Don't know how fast it progresses.
That's an illness, not a death. I doubt it's going to progress so fast that the season six premier will have people talking about how it's too bad Jorah died. He could also be sent off to live with the stone men. I don't know if that counts as death or not. Also, we know of at least one case where it was cured. Maybe Sam will end up curing it when he becomes a Maester. Who knows? If not, it gives Jorah the opportunity to heroically sacrifice himself. At some point this show has to let at least one person make a heroic sacrifice instead of just being butchered . . . right? :noclue:

perkana

#644 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:21 pm

Well, you not being you it kinda is to me :noclue: Plus, it's contagious. He might be off'd. Who knows...
Honestly, I'm getting tired of him. Or maybe I'm still resentful about Jon's death.

Jasper

#645 Post by Jasper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:04 pm

Jorah didn't die this season. It didn't happen. There's no way in hell that we're not going to see Jorah next season, though maybe he could die next season. Hell, anybody could die at any time, except maybe Dany, but with Ned and Jon dead, anything could happen. I still can't believe Jon's permanently dead. Maybe he'll be reborn as another being in season 7 or something. It just seems really weird.

Mescal

#646 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Jasper wrote:Well, it was a small group that killed Jon. I'm guessing Edd was just off in some other part of the castle, doing whatever people do there in their spare time.

Isn't Arya also dead? Or some sort of undead? A life can only be redeemed by another, and then we see her lying there? And then she goes, aaah, I'm blind.

Also something about that wolf theory could plausible. If Jon is a Wolf, they don't need an actor to play Jon. Even if Jon Snow would go into the fire and come out as Jon Targaryan, he would still look like Jon Snow, no?

But if he's a wolf, then the bloodline is gone. He might as well be dead, what sort of character is a wolf?

I was most shocked by the death of Myrcella

Mescal

#647 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:49 pm

Jasper wrote:
That's an illness, not a death. I doubt it's going to progress so fast that the season six premier will have people talking about how it's too bad Jorah died. He could also be sent off to live with the stone men. I don't know if that counts as death or not. Also, we know of at least one case where it was cured. Maybe Sam will end up curing it when he becomes a Maester. Who knows? If not, it gives Jorah the opportunity to heroically sacrifice himself. At some point this show has to let at least one person make a heroic sacrifice instead of just being butchered . . . right? :noclue:
Shireen also had greyscale? She managed allright, no?

Too bad her father killed her

perkana

#648 Post by perkana » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:33 am

Jasper wrote:Jorah didn't die this season. It didn't happen. There's no way in hell that we're not going to see Jorah next season, though maybe he could die next season. Hell, anybody could die at any time, except maybe Dany, but with Ned and Jon dead, anything could happen. I still can't believe Jon's permanently dead. Maybe he'll be reborn as another being in season 7 or something. It just seems really weird.
I didn’t say he had, said he was pretty much dying, in my opinion.
Last edited by perkana on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

perkana

#649 Post by perkana » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:37 am

Mescal wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Shireen also had greyscale? She managed allright, no?

Too bad her father killed her
He saved her with the help of maesters and maybe witches. But greyscale turns you into those things we saw in Valyria. Hopefully someone will save Jorah from his doom (if he lets them, because now that he's back inside Dany's circle he might want to).
Last edited by perkana on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

perkana

#650 Post by perkana » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:47 am

Jasper wrote:I still can't believe Jon's permanently dead. Maybe he'll be reborn as another being in season 7 or something. It just seems really weird.
I hope so too, Kit Karington said he won't be back next season. So that leaves a tiny bit of hope to me. And like intertwoven has said, he is kinda the ice of the song of fire and ice. Next season we'll have to know about what happened to Bran during the same time. So I'm really looking forward to this because next season will pass the books.