jane's streaming live tonight

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Bandit72

Re: jane's streaming live tonight

#26 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:17 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Jane's Addiction are as highly regarded as Weezer

Although I bet Weezer plays bigger venues.
Even worse, where the fuck is Pemberton?

tubro

#27 Post by tubro » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:31 pm

i've said here plenty of times - putting aside what we 50 or so fanboys and girls 'know' to be the 'true nature' of JA in 2015, and more seriously and objectively, despite the fact that obviously they wrote all their songs a long long time ago and don't, by any fair standard, work hard at their craft, they are a brand. the brand is 'jane's addiction fucking rocks'. and while clearly as headliners they are a 1000 person club band, on festivals, they're a nice draw in the 2 or 3 hole on one of the two main stages. and they can make a living doing that and they don't do it poorly, to a festival crowd. they can play. they rock. perry and dave are rock stars of some fame and interest to casual fans. and if their club sets were just a bit more interesting, i honestly wouldn't have the slightest issue with them, even as led by the tequilla hocking tranny looking former super lead man.

that's the shame of it. unless you're so angry at them that you just can't deal with it at all, all they have to do is fucking seem to give a fucking shit and that should be enough. they're not a band with great catalogue and a long interesting and varied career. a classic rock act with a small catalogue that they've played over and over since basically they began, and they never played long shows even at their best. they are what they are, catalogue and legacy-wise.

but fucking surprise me fucking once in an hour set. you know, bman still can't shake the raging boner he got at that connecticut hippie fest. but he's not wrong. imagine if you would that jane's, this jane's, came to your town every year or two, played a pretty nice club where you can get close, and you could count on them doing two surprising things -- LA MEdley; sympathy or rock and roll or a doors or X or bauhaus or dylan or iggy pop cover or kettle whistle or no one's leaving or 1% or trip away plus the regular rocking ocean size and two out of three of ted/then she did/3days and summertime and beach and whores and a few others. great. i'd sweat. i'd sing along. i'd get drunk. and i'd leave happy and come back next time. this isn't fucking asking too much motherfuckers. and how about this? once a year, you turds, ONCE, assholes, bust out an acoustic guitar and play my time or fucking ripple. just make it so if i go see your sorry old asses, i don't know when i walk in precisely what is going to happen and i have a reasonable expectation that i'll hear something different.

what fucking assholes. so they played 3 or 4 shows around here last month and i never even considered it. fuck them. i'm seeing X next month. JA should take a look at them or better yet, take a look in the mirror.

Go American Pharoah
Six7Six7 wrote:Jane's Addiction are as highly regarded as Weezer

Although I bet Weezer plays bigger venues.

zendo

#28 Post by zendo » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:49 pm

Fantastic summary Turbo. It stings because its so fucking true! :banghead:

kv

#29 Post by kv » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:06 pm

tubro wrote:they never played long shows even at their best.
they played some 16+ song sets back in the day...when they had 2 studio records...now they have 4 and you get 10 songs more often then not :noclue:

and if they came to town once a year i would not pay money to watch perry ruin the songs he doesn't play now...fuck all that...leave the rare stuff untainted tyvm

the X mention is worthy...a band that broke up came back and is true to their roots and respects their fans and well worth the cheap ticket prices they ask...funny as X was a big mentor to jane's way back when...but those were the diy days...now it's lets do it for etty days

edit i just looked up X's site ( pretty much the band that lead me to jane's back then...though to be fair i did see jane's open for dramarama way back when)

they are playing in santa ana 4 nights...each night is a complete album in entirety...and i bet they don't skip songs like we know who...each ticket is 25 bucks...wanna see all four shows? ticket is 80....ya nuff said comparing the 2...ones legacy is intact...the other is laying right here > :deadhorse:

Pandemonium

#30 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:34 am

kv wrote: they are playing in santa ana 4 nights...each night is a complete album in entirety...and i bet they don't skip songs like we know who...each ticket is 25 bucks...wanna see all four shows? ticket is 80....ya nuff said comparing the 2...ones legacy is intact...the other is laying right here > :deadhorse:
Is Billy Zoom still in the band? I thought he left again a few years ago.