Kurt Cobain:Montage of Heck (trailer)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Essence_Smith

Re: Kurt Cobain:Montage of Heck (trailer)

#26 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed May 06, 2015 9:42 am

Mescal wrote:Didn't Krist feel very guilty about his suicide? As in, I could have done more to prevent it?

I don't really follow Nirvana or the Foo Fighters, so I'm interested to hear what they had/have to say about their stint in Nirvana. Always had the feeling Dave downplayed his playing in Nirvana a bit, as in, I've moved on, I have other things to do; and that like I said, Krist felt a bit guilty and was therefore a bit fed up with being a rock star.
I personally don't think there's much a friend can do when another's made that decision...maybe there was some guilt but I doubt he blames himself. Why should he?

Here's a piece of the interview I was referring to...

Mescal

#27 Post by Mescal » Wed May 06, 2015 10:46 am

Guilt, blame, it’s a bit the same, no?

And he was his best friend, doesn’t being a best friend helps when one’s depressed?

Essence_Smith

#28 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed May 06, 2015 11:44 am

You have heard of Courtney Love no? :lol:

perkana

#29 Post by perkana » Wed May 06, 2015 3:22 pm

I agree with ES on this, when you've set your mind on killing yourself, no one can help you or make you change your mind. Though, sometimes it does happen. Like my dad's boss used to leave his kid with us to off himself, but my mom always asked him to stay. It helped him, but that is just one of the few rare cases I've heard :noclue:

blackula

#30 Post by blackula » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:51 pm

creep
Site Admin

#31 Post by creep » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:32 pm

blackula wrote:King Buzzo tears this apart
http://thetalkhouse.com/music/talks/buz ... ins-talks/
i don't think that is really tearing it apart. it comes of as somewhat bitter. i don't know...i would tend to believe family and band members over a friend that claims to really know the guy?? "90% is bullshit" but then says that some of the stories that kurt told weren't true even though some were recordings of kurt? the math just doesn't add up.

mockbee

#32 Post by mockbee » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:37 pm

creep wrote:
blackula wrote:King Buzzo tears this apart
http://thetalkhouse.com/music/talks/buz ... ins-talks/
i don't think that is really tearing it apart. it comes of as somewhat bitter. i don't know...i would tend to believe family and band members over a friend that claims to really know the guy?? "90% is bullshit" but then says that some of the stories that kurt told weren't true even though some were recordings of kurt? the math just doesn't add up.
He's saying kurt doesn't know kurt, which could be a real story, seems plausible. who knows..? :noclue:

SR

#33 Post by SR » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:36 am

hokahey wrote:I can think of very few artists that didn't eventually go on to disappoint me in some profound way. It's always interesting me to consider what Kurt's music career would look like today had he not died. I'd guess making niche music and being a general recluse.
Shakespeare never dissapointed me. But I see yr point

blackula

#34 Post by blackula » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:51 am

I bought Soaked In Bleach last night and watched it, not worth the 14.99 I spent. Nothing new that hasn't been out there since Kurt died. The only thing that sets this apart is Tom Grant's tapes of conversations with Courtney when she hired him to find Kurt and his conversations with the Cobain's attorney Rosemary Carroll who also believed Courtney was in on it but then backtracked and threatened a lawsuit. All the same stuff though, too much heroin to shoot himself, the prenup and the looming divorce as motive, Courtney's erratic behavior...etc.

I'm not big into conspiracies, but nothing surprises me. There's enough circumstantial evidence to at least properly investigate it which was never done. I think she had a hand in it only in that she was a shitty wife and was just another reason on his list of reasons why.

Anyway, this isn't the "smoking gun" the trailer indicated it would be.

SR

#35 Post by SR » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:42 am

KC's 'solo' album to be released with Montage of Heck.

http://www.nme.com/features/montage-of- ... tageofheck

blackcoffee

#36 Post by blackcoffee » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:39 pm

blackula wrote:I bought Soaked In Bleach last night and watched it, not worth the 14.99 I spent. Nothing new that hasn't been out there since Kurt died. The only thing that sets this apart is Tom Grant's tapes of conversations with Courtney when she hired him to find Kurt and his conversations with the Cobain's attorney Rosemary Carroll who also believed Courtney was in on it but then backtracked and threatened a lawsuit. All the same stuff though, too much heroin to shoot himself, the prenup and the looming divorce as motive, Courtney's erratic behavior...etc.

I'm not big into conspiracies, but nothing surprises me. There's enough circumstantial evidence to at least properly investigate it which was never done. I think she had a hand in it only in that she was a shitty wife and was just another reason on his list of reasons why.

Anyway, this isn't the "smoking gun" the trailer indicated it would be.
Rosemary Carroll was JIm Carroll's wife. I didn't know she was involved with Kurt. Interesting.

Squee

#37 Post by Squee » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:11 pm

Mary Lou Lord opens a can of whoop ass on Courtney... it must be freeing to finally spill her guts and let all that emotion out.
Soaked in Bleach really confirmed what a liar Courtney really is for me. The taped conversations are very telling... so, good for Mary Lou for sharing her feelings.

https://www.musicology-online.co.uk/art ... 5.facebook

Mescal

#38 Post by Mescal » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Is she actually saying anything of note in her rant, other than 'Courtney is a cunt'?