Lo-fi recordings

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
guysmiley

Lo-fi recordings

#1 Post by guysmiley » Fri May 22, 2015 12:10 pm

I was listening to some old Janes for the first time in a long time. The records aren't that great by todays standards, and I kind of think it's great. I have a friend playing bass with me who is huge into garage rock. For real garage rock, with one mic. Lo-fi as fuck. Somehow the good songs hold up. The key being, "good songs". Guided by Voices type stuff. It seems I think I favor this sound. Even the old "hi-fi" sound, which now sounds old. I like the atmosphere it created. I'm really sick of polished music. The only exception might be with jazz or classical. Most my friends buy vinyl. While, I'm not that hardcore. I understand the push-back. I think these 1s and 0s are really taking something from us. I listen to less music on digital formats these days. Only on my bike with an ipod, which isn't always the best.

kv

Re: Lo-fi recordings

#2 Post by kv » Fri May 22, 2015 3:42 pm

lo fi for life here...pavement archers of loaf ween guided by voices..yes yes and yes...i wanna start using my 4 track again for that field of noise...as my buddy calls it the "deafening silence"

AdmitI

Re: Lo-fi recordings

#3 Post by AdmitI » Sat May 23, 2015 2:22 pm