What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
creep
Site Admin

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4101 Post by creep » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:20 pm

i finally gave up firefox today and switched to chrome for my browser. my laptop had 8mb or RAM and firefox was using so much memory it was slowing down everything. chrome is so much faster.

Essence_Smith

#4102 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:Bitch ass bitches are annoying me today... :box:
Are they like "Bitch Niggaz" (It's okay for me to say that if I'm referring to the song, right?)

Actually it's more like Bitch ass niggas...Onyx came out with this in 92-93 though they didn't come up with the term obviously, the inclusion of the word ass changes the meaning a bit...and right now unfortunately I live in an area where I see white kids referring to one another as niggas on a daily basis...it is freakin hilarious so it's definitely softened the word for me a LOT... :hehe:

farrellgirl99

#4103 Post by farrellgirl99 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:36 pm

I just got groped on my commute home as i walking down the subway stairs. a dude just straight up grabbed me. :jasper: this is at 430 pm at a crowded subway station, mind you.

fucking ridiculous.

SR

#4104 Post by SR » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Oh god. :bs:

nausearockpig

#4105 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:16 am

creep wrote:i finally gave up firefox today and switched to chrome for my browser. my laptop had 8mb or RAM and firefox was using so much memory it was slowing down everything. chrome is so much faster.
yay! welcome to google owning you more than before.....

seriously it's cool. you can use Chrome Remote Desktop to control your pc from your phone, tablet or other PC....

nausearockpig

#4106 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:17 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:I just got groped on my commute home as i walking down the subway stairs. a dude just straight up grabbed me. :jasper: this is at 430 pm at a crowded subway station, mind you.

fucking ridiculous.
shame you couldn't kick him in the fucking balls.. what a cunt.

mockbee

#4107 Post by mockbee » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:22 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:I just got groped on my commute home as i walking down the subway stairs. a dude just straight up grabbed me. :jasper: this is at 430 pm at a crowded subway station, mind you.

fucking ridiculous.

That's terrible.

If you felt comfortable, next time scream in his fucking face as loud as you can, if there are people around, maybe he will think about his actions. :no:

It was probably just so shocking you had no time to react....

Essence_Smith

#4108 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:55 am

A new co-worker who is replacing a woman who has the same name just confided in me that several people approached her basically having seen her for days and not realizing that she's a completely new person...she's a black woman replacing a black woman and they happen to have the same first name...the former coworker was about 6 feet tall and had a long hair weave and wore very bright colors. She was a very large woman and hard to miss...the new person is around 5'8 and has a short hair cut like Halle Berry...how the hell do you say to someone that you didn't realize they were a whole different person??? It was like ATTENTION WHITE PEOPLE...ALL BLACK FOLKS DO NOT LOOK ALIKE...

farrellgirl99

#4109 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:22 am

mockbee wrote:

fucking ridiculous.

That's terrible.

If you felt comfortable, next time scream in his fucking face as loud as you can, if there are people around, maybe he will think about his actions. :no:

It was probably just so shocking you had no time to react....
Yeah I was really shocked as I was just walking down stairs trying to catch the train and he was walking up and grabbed my crotch. I reacted enough to yell 'what the fuck is wrong with you' and push him off of me but I wish I had followed him and tried to get an mta employee or cop somewhere. But just didn't react fast enough and was pretty shaken.

Glad I don't have to take the train until Monday. I need a break after that.

nausearockpig

#4110 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:01 am

Firefox. It's slow and it's shit.

nausearockpig

#4111 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:29 am

Broke my fucking Sennheiser headphones... Not that they were really super expensive fancy ones, but still... Now I have to fix them.. fuck.

mockbee

#4112 Post by mockbee » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:32 am

nausearockpig wrote:Broke my fucking Sennheiser headphones... Not that they were really super expensive fancy ones, but still... Now I have to fix them.. fuck.

Is is because you threw them on the floor in frustration because firefox is so slow?

(firefox is slow...... fuck this. Well, at least my computer isn't the problem.......)

nausearockpig

#4113 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:45 pm

mockbee wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:Broke my fucking Sennheiser headphones... Not that they were really super expensive fancy ones, but still... Now I have to fix them.. fuck.

Is is because you threw them on the floor in frustration because firefox is so slow?

(firefox is slow...... fuck this. Well, at least my computer isn't the problem.......)
:lolol: that's much more interesting than what actually happened..

On the plus side, i get to now buy my first soldering iron kit..

http://www.jaycar.com.au/Tools-%26-Sold ... t/p/TS1651

Romeo

#4114 Post by Romeo » Fri May 08, 2015 11:28 am

I know this isn't politically correct but I am training a retard :confused:

Pandemonium

#4115 Post by Pandemonium » Fri May 08, 2015 4:50 pm

Romeo wrote:I know this isn't politically correct but I am training a retard :confused:
Come on, you can't expect Etty to know how a pencil sharpener works on the first week!?!

perkana

#4116 Post by perkana » Sun May 10, 2015 12:22 pm

I have a neighbor that gives me the goosebumps and now I'm hiding from him like I'm a 20 year old. Worst is that he lives right across me :conf:

nausearockpig

#4117 Post by nausearockpig » Sun May 10, 2015 6:17 pm

perkana wrote:I have a neighbor that gives me the goosebumps and now I'm hiding from him like I'm a 20 year old. Worst is that he lives right across me :conf:

just get it over with.. then you'll both go back to ignoring each other.

perkana

#4118 Post by perkana » Sun May 10, 2015 7:23 pm

I wish, it's kinda a creepier story. I'm glad I have to leave tomorrow.

nausearockpig

#4119 Post by nausearockpig » Sun May 10, 2015 7:53 pm

perkana wrote:I wish, it's kinda a creepier story. I'm glad I have to leave tomorrow.
:nyrexall:

oh.. I thought you were saying you were all giggly and stuff cos you "liked" him... ... poos

nausearockpig

#4120 Post by nausearockpig » Sun May 10, 2015 7:53 pm

perkana wrote:I wish, it's kinda a creepier story. I'm glad I have to leave tomorrow.

oh.. I thought you were saying you were all giggly and stuff cos you "liked" him... ... poos

perkana

#4121 Post by perkana » Mon May 11, 2015 5:37 am

nausearockpig wrote:

It's my bad, I meant he gives me the creeps :dunce:

nausearockpig

#4122 Post by nausearockpig » Mon May 11, 2015 6:56 am

if he tries anything creepy kick him in the goolies and clap him real fucking hard about the ears. Then run.

mockbee

#4123 Post by mockbee » Sun May 17, 2015 12:03 pm

Gentrification.

You can say it's just the inevitable shift of demographics and most of us take a part, and I agree, but that doesn't make it pretty.

The tenement building I live in, for the past 10 years in the same unit, was majority Chinese when I moved in. There was an older white gay guy, who lives next door and has now lived there for 25 years, and a youngish white couple down the hall when I moved in. The rest large extended Chinese families, maybe 5-8 people per 1 bedroom unit, 11 units in total. Generations have lived in the same unit for 40-50-60 years.

Last week one of the last Chinese families were finally evicted (maaaaaybe bought out?). The grandmother was sobbing in the hallway when their final stuff was carted out. In the last 1-2 years six of families have moved (I suspect some evicted, there have been City people crawling about) and young techie white couples or individuals have taken their place. This is in lockstep with the rest of the neighborhood in the last 1-2 years. Half of the (useful) businesses have shuttered; replaced with hip, white bars (if you are looking for 'bros', these are the bars for you!); clothing stores selling single pairs of jeans for $400; to many shitty breakfast 'diners' selling stale eggs and hashbrowns for $15 a plate, lines around the block on sundays; new specialty grocers that make Whole Foods look like Walmart; so many places just flat out demolished, and replaced with towers of tiny condos (600 sf) that start at $1 million.

If you don't make $150k/year and/or are not already here........ forget San Francisco.

Though if you are here already and have some good rent control, you should still be shaking in your boots. Whole buildings have been emptied. If the owner lets it sit for 5 years empty, they can evict everyone, then convert to condos, happening left and right. :balls:

Artemis

#4124 Post by Artemis » Wed May 20, 2015 2:26 pm

There's a bad smell in my kitchen. That's not a euphemism for anything, btw. :lol:

The smell is strongest inside one of my kitchen cupboards.It sort of smells like glue and/or nail polisher remover. I don't know if someone is doing some kind of renovation and the fumes are coming in my place or there is something dead in the wall.

The cupboard is used for glasses and mugs, no food at all. I checked all the shelves in case of droppings or bugs but there is nothing. I checked all the other cupboards, drawers, and under the sink too. There's no forgotten garbage or leaking chemicals, or anything like that. I also took a walk on my floor to see if I can smell anything coming from one o f the other apartments. I also took a walk on the floor below and above, but no smells.
I left a message with the super to come check it out.

:noclue:

mockbee

#4125 Post by mockbee » Wed May 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Artemis wrote:There's a bad smell in my kitchen. That's not a euphemism for anything, btw. :lol:

The smell is strongest inside one of my kitchen cupboards.It sort of smells like glue and/or nail polisher remover. I don't know if someone is doing some kind of renovation and the fumes are coming in my place or there is something dead in the wall.

The cupboard is used for glasses and mugs, no food at all. I checked all the shelves in case of droppings or bugs but there is nothing. I checked all the other cupboards, drawers, and under the sink too. There's no forgotten garbage or leaking chemicals, or anything like that. I also took a walk on my floor to see if I can smell anything coming from one o f the other apartments. I also took a walk on the floor below and above, but no smells.
I left a message with the super to come check it out.

:noclue:
If there is absolutely no food products (even spices) in the cupboard I would guess dead rat in the wall, or could be gas leak in the wall, which would be really bad/dangerous. Good that you called the super.

Maybe drill a small hole in the wall in the cupboard where you think the smell is coming from and see if it is worse. Well, if you have cupboard inserts (aren't built-ins) you might have a furred out space behind where something died. Anyways, that would be an easy fix with a patch and would eliminate or confirm something in the wall. If it's in the wall, don't know what to say, might have to be a bigger project and put a real hole in the wall to extract if it's vermin..... :noclue:

I had a terrible smell coming from my cupboard once. I thought it was coming from my sink, so I cleaned that vigourously and religiously did my dishes for a week and that didn't help. Found it to be some old garlic that had gone bad in the cupboard above, reaaally stank!