Spring/Summer 2015 tour...

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
kv

Re: Spring/Summer 2015 tour...

#26 Post by kv » Fri May 15, 2015 8:22 pm

wow...he just didn't have the voice to sing that night...that's what happens when you just book some random ass show without practicing

JOEinPHX

#27 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri May 15, 2015 9:12 pm

I think Perry has been taking lessons from Scott Weiland

I'd love to see those two duet together. They can lean against each other to stand up, and if they sing into the same mic it will prevent them both from falling asleep.

It's official, Chris Chaney is now more energetic onstage than Perry :lol:

JOEinPHX

#28 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri May 15, 2015 9:16 pm

bman

#29 Post by bman » Fri May 15, 2015 10:21 pm

5/15 Sayerville, NJ- Starland Ballroom.

This show was fantastic. At least 20X's better than the Brooklyn Show. I thought Brooklyn was a subpar show. Whatever was ailing Perry on 5/13 he definitely remedied himself tonight. Total night and day performances....First of all, the Starland Ballroom is a great venue. I was there a few years back for Wilco. It's a perfect sized venue with great vantage points everywhere. There's no sides to the stage so you watch from a lot of different areas.

A Place to Bury Strangers opened again and played a bit longer than on Wednesday. They are loud as fuck. They kind of remind me of a cross between Spacemen 3 and a really heavy noisey Joy Division. They aren't bad but a little too art noise rock for me. The Natives were getting restless. Now I am originally from north New Jersey. Sayerville is basically the start of the ' Jersey Shore'. Hometown of Bon Jovie! So the crowd was very Jersey. 35-45. Some gold chains. I saw dozen or so meathead types with muscle tees and looked like they were at some point on Steroids and owned Iroc's. So the opener finally ended after like a 15 minute final song that was all artnoise. There was a handful of meatheads who were yelling "Get The Fuck Off the Stage" etc, and booing them! It was a little embarrassing, but hey, it's Jersey.

So the place is now full. They did sell out the venue and it was absolutely jam packed. Jane's comes on and I know it's going to be great show immediately. The place went nuts. Perry seemed like he was in a great mood as soon as he walked on stage. He was looking much more like a rocker too than on 5/13. Here's the best part, this crazy Jersey crowd sang along to every song. I was pretty impressed with my home state fans! The entire set was a frenzy. Perry worked the entire stage and was interacting with the crowd a lot. It was the complete opposite from the Brooklyn show. His voice was totally on and he was belting it out tonight. Nothing like 5/13.It was a fun fucking show with a crowd who gave a ton of energy. Wish you peeps saw this one.

Nothing's Shocking + Been Caught, Three Days, and Stop. And Yes, the Three Days tonight blew away 5/13. I think Perry just used that Brooklyn gig to warm up his voice and get his sea legs. Proud to be Jane's fan again after tonight!

JOEinPHX

#30 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri May 15, 2015 10:31 pm

:eyes:

Can't wait to see the videos that totally discredit what you just typed.

bman

#31 Post by bman » Fri May 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Six7Six7 wrote::eyes:

Can't wait to see the videos that totally discredit what you just typed.
You wont. My review was spot on for 5/13 and spot on for tonight.

JOEinPHX

#32 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri May 15, 2015 10:58 pm

Matz

#33 Post by Matz » Sat May 16, 2015 2:06 am

intertwoven wrote:He needs to stop trying to be himself from the past. Bowie, Petty, Springsteen, Waits.. you can be an old dude and still get it done on the stage. Don't know why Perry thinks he has to try to go back to 1988. Too much phoniness in his life (cough, etty, cough). He really could have aged gracefully with more songs along the lines of "Pete's Dad" and "Of Course" but no he's gotta try straining thru "Ain't No Right" and "Stop" every show. Break thru the bubble, Perry!

creep
Site Admin

#34 Post by creep » Sat May 16, 2015 3:02 am

bman wrote: This show was fantastic.
:lol: welcome back!

Larry B.

#35 Post by Larry B. » Sat May 16, 2015 4:44 am

kv wrote:wow...he just didn't have the voice to sing that night...that's what happens when you just book some random ass show without practicing
BUT THE RED SWORDS WERE AMAZING!

Matz

#36 Post by Matz » Sat May 16, 2015 5:48 am

kv wrote:wow...he just didn't have the voice to sing that night...that's what happens when you just book some random ass show without practicing
it'd be so funny if they start tuning even lower than one whole step down to accomodate his voice...like 1,5 or something....pleeeeaase do that :lol:

bman

#37 Post by bman » Sat May 16, 2015 6:09 am

creep wrote:
bman wrote: This show was fantastic.
:lol: welcome back!
LOL! :thumb:

bman

#39 Post by bman » Sat May 16, 2015 6:59 am

Romeo

#40 Post by Romeo » Sat May 16, 2015 7:53 am

Wow. Our definition of "good" is definitely on a different scale

All I watched was Ted and it's god awful. Bland. Blah. That product is not worth $125

And Starland which is in the middle of fucking no where, used to be a shit place to see a show. Maybe after there Sandy rebuild they redid the inside but it WAS a terrible venue.

Larry B.

#41 Post by Larry B. » Sat May 16, 2015 12:07 pm

Matz wrote:
it'd be so funny if they start tuning even lower than one whole step down to accomodate his voice...like 1,5 or something....pleeeeaase do that :lol:
I think they actually did that, but I don't remember at what stage of their meltdown. They went 3 half-steps down.

JOEinPHX

#42 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat May 16, 2015 12:38 pm

He talk-sang his way through every one of those and barely moved. He just swayed back and forth a little.

How is this different from the previous night when he just talk-sang and swayed back and forth a little? :confused:

blackula

#43 Post by blackula » Sat May 16, 2015 6:36 pm

It's just the same shit over and over. Not worth the price at all. How long is NS? 40 minutes? Then they add 3 songs to bring it close to an hour cuz of three days? Not cool charging $125 for that shit, so uninspired.

Pandemonium

#44 Post by Pandemonium » Sat May 16, 2015 7:37 pm

Larry B. wrote:I think they actually did that, but I don't remember at what stage of their meltdown. They went 3 half-steps down.
They fell down the stairs.

JOEinPHX

#45 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat May 16, 2015 7:47 pm

blackula wrote:It's just the same shit over and over. Not worth the price at all. How long is NS? 40 minutes? Then they add 3 songs to bring it close to an hour cuz of three days? Not cool charging $125 for that shit, so uninspired.
NS: 45:13
Just because: 3:52
Three Days: 10:49
Stop: 4:15
-----------------------
65:09

But then you have to assume that songs are sped up because the natural energy of live shows tend to speed songs up faster than their album version. So you can probably knock 5 minutes off the run time. But then add it back because Perry likes to embarrass himself with ridiculous comments about fucking his anorexic tranny of a wife between songs.

So yeah, they play about 65 minutes.

A band with: a 28 year career, 4 studio albums, a live/bsides/remix collection, and live album, can't figure out how to play a set longer than most new bands who are headlining in support of their very first album.

Considering how much Perry seems to give no fucks about the shows, while the rest of band can actually play everything without issue, I think we can safely assume Perry must be distracted thinking about getting back to his limo to snort some molly and xanax and go clubing with his wife.

bman

#46 Post by bman » Sun May 17, 2015 5:38 am

I like how Perkins smokes up every night before Summertime Rolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucnhoDYgQ_k

Romeo

#47 Post by Romeo » Sun May 17, 2015 7:50 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
blackula wrote:It's just the same shit over and over. Not worth the price at all. How long is NS? 40 minutes? Then they add 3 songs to bring it close to an hour cuz of three days? Not cool charging $125 for that shit, so uninspired.
NS: 45:13
Just because: 3:52
Three Days: 10:49
Stop: 4:15
-----------------------
65:09

But then you have to assume that songs are sped up because the natural energy of live shows tend to speed songs up faster than their album version. So you can probably knock 5 minutes off the run time. But then add it back because Perry likes to embarrass himself with ridiculous comments about fucking his anorexic tranny of a wife between songs.

So yeah, they play about 65 minutes.

A band with: a 28 year career, 4 studio albums, a live/bsides/remix collection, and live album, can't figure out how to play a set longer than most new bands who are headlining in support of their very first album.

Considering how much Perry seems to give no fucks about the shows, while the rest of band can actually play everything without issue, I think we can safely assume Perry must be distracted thinking about getting back to his limo to snort some molly and xanax and go clubing with his wife.
I know Three days is not 10 min long live anymore, it's closer to 7 min.

blackula

#48 Post by blackula » Sun May 17, 2015 8:04 am

Essentially they swap out Ain't No Right and Whores for Standing In The Shower and Idiot's Rule and triple the ticket price.

Noonesshocking

#49 Post by Noonesshocking » Sun May 17, 2015 5:27 pm

Jane's played the electric factory in Philly last night. I had no interest in going. Instead, I went to Faith No More the night before. It was a great show and I love the new album. As I left the concert, I saw Jane's on the marquee and thought "if only the Jane's reunion in '08 had followed the same trajectory as FNM".

Faith No More got back together based on the idea cultivating friendships that had been damaged years before. They said yes to some gigs and no to others. They didn't try to force new music. As they came to respect each other as individuals again, it happened naturally and the results are great. The fact that it took them 5 or 6 years doesn't matter. They are now enjoying respect and praise they never really had during their first run. Rolling Stone and the LA Times just ran really interesting in-depth pieces on the band and how the new album came to be. People in general are excited and interested in them. If Perry had handled things differently, maybe we'd be on the eve of a new OG Jane's release after years of anticipation. Maybe they'd be taken seriously.

JOEinPHX

#50 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun May 17, 2015 5:41 pm

The difference is that Mike Patton didn't marry a gold digging whore, has standards for his art, and he can actually sing.

Perry is a bad DJ with no voice who will do anything for a dollar as long as his wife can get paid too.