Alondra Luna Nuñez

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
perkana

Alondra Luna Nuñez

#1 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:23 am

I've tried finding an article in English on this but haven't been lucky...Anyway, this 14 year old girl was taken from her school by the feds (on behalf of Interpol) last Thursday. A woman (US citizen) who claimed to be her biological mother asked for her retrieval. Her parents said it was a mixup because her real daughter was actually their niece, who happens to have the same name, though she's 13 and lives in Michoacán (where the woman comes from, not Guanajuato where they live). Great news today, the girl and the woman took a DNA test and it came back negative. Now Alondra can come back home. I just wonder how this could have been avoided if her parents were listened, since they were right from the beginning. Alondra definitely looked better in the second video that was shared on Sunday, when she told her parents about the DNA test.

Essence_Smith

Re: Alondra Luna Nuñez

#2 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Were either of the families rich? I'm only asking because it seems like when one side has some money these things get all blown up...

perkana

#3 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Honestly, I don't think so. To me it seems that the woman wanted to find her daughter. Read she has been looking for her for 9 years. However, I think that it was unlucky that they were actually related and that both girls were named the same. The woman claimed this girl was her daughter because she has a scar between her eyebrows. Her parents since the beginning offered evidence like a birth certificate and the fact that there is another girl named Alondra but in Michoacán. Apparently this Alondra matches better the description, plus her dad is MIA.

Essence_Smith

#4 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Jeez...so you mean no one thought about a DNA test before she was taken out of the country? :yikes:

Hype

#5 Post by Hype » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:13 pm

I don't want to make light of how fucked up this is, but this might be a decent reason not to name your kid a common name.. especially if someone in the family already has that name.

perkana

#6 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:02 pm

It is not a common name and this happens sometimes. The girl who was taken was born first and I guess that maybe the second girl was named like her because her parents liked it :noclue:
This happened with me. A cousin who has born a year later than me was named like me, but she has a middle name.
And I agree with ES, it was really fucked up that the DNA test wasn't taken before leaving Mexico. I would have done the same thing she did if someone kidnapped me from school...kicking and screaming at my supposed birth mother. I don't know who thinks this is a proper way.

Hype

#7 Post by Hype » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:40 pm

It may not be a common first name, but I think that just makes it even more odd that two people in the same family would have the exact same name. I know people do it, and I know there's a thing with traditions... JRs and SRs and IIIs and naming people after grandparents... but at the very least not doing that would make it more difficult to claim some 13 year old kid is yours when it isn't.

Also... why couldn't they just ask the girl who her mom was? :neutral:

perkana

#8 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:11 pm

If you're taken like that by the feds and then sent to the US, I don't think it was that simple :noclue: I have another theory, because obviously the girl's parents weren't close to the woman but I think the dad of the Alondra 2 (I'm getting confused typing so, it's going to be kidnapped by feds 14-year old Alondra and 13-year old Alondra 2 from Michoacán) took the girl and went to Michoacán while the mother stayed in the US. I thought about another reason why they could have named their daughters the same way, people love naming their kids after soap opera characters, so that could be a reason. I could go on and on, but I'm glad it's over. Though now I'm curious about Alondra 2.

perkana

#9 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Found a better explanation of what happened...
In a statement, the Foreign Ministry said that in 2007 it received the request for the return of a child who was stolen in the United States by her father. There was suspicion that Gustavo Luna and Susana Núñez - parents of Alondra- were really her paternal uncle and aunt who had registered the child as their daughter. They were arrested because they gave contradictory statements and failed to prove the identity of the minor (not true, they asked for DNA tests and talked about the mixup). Dorotea García won custody of Alondra through a lawsuit filed in Tacatzcuaro, Michoacán, state from where her former partner originally was, and where he took the child nine years ago, until Garcia found her on Facebook. In March 2015, the US Central Authority reported that Dorotea Garcia had traveled to Guanajuato, where supposedly she recognized her daughter. Therefore, members of the Federal Police pulled Alondra from her school in Guanajuato, at the request of Interpol.
Not only the DNA tests proved that she's not Dorotea's daughter but that she is really her parents daughter.