What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
mockbee

Re: What made your day today?

#3351 Post by mockbee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Artemis wrote:Looks awesome! Is that your plot of land?

I, for one, am a city person. As much as being out the city for a short time, I prefer urban life.
That is my plot! All .395 acre of it! My 10 year old self is going wild, I sprint to the top and then back down 3 times first thing whenever I visit.

No, I am not against "cities". I am FOR cities for sure, (and the country) just against
The City, as in the place that charges you up the wazoo for doing ANYTHING that would improve the property and also restricts mist activities on the land, thiugh tgat is good because I dont want others to tear up their properties around me. Actually this "country" land is in the middle of a city!

clickie

#3352 Post by clickie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:53 am

Close to a half acre, thats a nice chunk of land. Is it all on a steep hill?

clickie

#3353 Post by clickie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:48 am

Artemis wrote:Hot water pipe replaced today. No more dripping hot water!
Next job is to fix the hole in my closet and the water damage. Right now I have a humidifier and a couple of big fans going to dry things out. I'm happy the floor in the closet isn;t as badly damaged as I thought.

Something else that made my day was looking inside a stranger's apartment. I helped the superintendent of my building to check an apartment on the floor below mine for leaks and/or water damage. The person is away and a neighbour complained about a really strong musty smell. The super thought the water may have spread to this unit as well and asked if I could accompany her as a witness. When we went in it was super hot like the Amazon jungle, all steamy and clammy, and VERY musty smelling. The person had their rads cranked up high, windows closed, and the hot water tap in the bathroom was slowly running, which created condensation. Fortunately, this was not related to the problem I had. Anyway, the place was like a religious store. I spotted three different Last Supper paintings, several crucifixes of various sizes, and various other religious figurines all over the place. There were many photos of a woman and a girl at different ages. From baby to marriage, no man in any of the photos. There were also a lot of suitcases and carry on bags. I wonder if the person is a drug mule or something like that. The super says the woman is often away. Lots of cheap looking plastic flowers everywhere too. None of the dishes were put away either. They were washed but sitting in the drainer; I hate that! :mad:
I don't think I should have enjoyed being in a stranger's apartment, but I did. I think there's an interesting story there.
Thats a great pic you took , it looks so creepy,

mockbee

#3354 Post by mockbee » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:46 pm

clickie wrote:Close to a half acre, thats a nice chunk of land. Is it all on a steep hill?
It is a steep plot, there is a 30' deep flatish shelf at the foot of the property but then slopes up at 45-80%(!) grade above that for another 100' back. That's okay though, I am not a "yard" person and will just keep it all native up there. There is a knoll up top though where I will have some stairs up to a deck with bbq and clear views of Mt Hood, St Helens, Adams, and on real clear days Rainier and sometimes North Cascades. Also, I just thought of this, but in the winter it snows a couple times a year, and a quick ski run down would be AWESOME!

:rockon: :love:

perkana

#3355 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:12 pm

Three sisters from Monterrey (ages 10, 13 and 15) who want to go to Berklee's summer program
Metalhead Sisters from Mexico Want to Rock Berklee’s Summer Program
They’ve taken to GoFundMe to crowdsource tuition.
Three twisted sisters from Monterrey, Mexico, have set their sights on Boston and are trying to crowdsource enough cash to cover tuition and travel to one of Berklee College of Music’s prestigious summer programs.

Fifteen-year-old Daniela, 13-year-old Paulina, and 10-year-old Alejandra collectively make up the heavy-metal band “The Warning.” The sisters shred classic covers including Ozzy’s “Crazy Train,” AC/DC’s “Back in Black,” and Guns N’ Rose’s “Sweet Child O’ Mine.”
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/arts-ente ... d-berklee/

perkana

#3356 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:43 pm

I know it's only April, but I had to buy my first SS gift. I just hope to get this person.

mockbee

#3357 Post by mockbee » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:58 am

I could seriously watch this, all day long.... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

(except, the wife seems to get in trouble at 6:30 and 8:10.....AND he makes her do all the heavy lifting!!) :essence:

MYXYLPLYX

#3358 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:54 pm

Just back from a week camping in Yosemite, which included a spring snowstorm.

mockbee

#3359 Post by mockbee » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:17 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote:Image

Just back from a week camping in Yosemite, which included a spring snowstorm.

Ooooooooooooooooo..............

so jealous.

Where you in the valley?

Was the fall running wild (probably a trickle........if anything. :scared: )

Should be looking like this:

MYXYLPLYX

#3360 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:25 pm

Here's my pic from Wednesday, granted enhanced by all the snow from the day/night before.

Stayed at Lower Pines campground. Originally were going to be in our tent but with the snow in the forecast rented an RV for the first time.

I would have been fine in the tent, but not so sure about the two and six year olds... :noclue:

mockbee

#3361 Post by mockbee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:19 am

For the last three months I have been submitting appeals to the city of portland to allow me to build a small house without improving the road in front of my property. They were requiring the whole nine yards (paving, curbs, planting swales, storm sewer, all utilities upgraded (water and sewer already there), sidewalks, taking out 20+ huge trees, Systems Development Charges, etc)

After weeks of requesting a decision, getting no response, last night I finally got an email detailing their decision. I was approved. I can keep it a gravel road and don't need to spend +100k (that I don't have) on a road. I can build my house. I bought the property thinking I had to build a road. I can't believe it. I screamed at the top of my lungs in my office yesterday when I saw the verdict, luckily no one was there. :scared:

omg...........................omg............................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg..........................omg...........................omg.......................... :wiggle:

I fought the law; and uh......... I WON! :rockon:

MYXYLPLYX

#3362 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:26 pm

:rockon:

mockbee

#3363 Post by mockbee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:33 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote: :rockon:
:rockon:

Hey, sometimes the law and the process can work for you.........

Who knew...........? Not me. :noclue:

Never take 'no' for an answer, fellow agitators................ :thumb:

:bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:

mockbee

#3364 Post by mockbee » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:50 pm

Being vain and beating a dead horse here...........................but what is this thread for anyways.......? :noclue:

This place is awesome...................... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My last weekend would be ranked in the top two or three of my whole life, in just being perfect and awesome and amazing......not enough superlatives.......... It linked past, present and future for me and included everything in spades that is required in a happy life..........

*something to do, *something to love, and *something to dream/work for...........

I spent all week at a Tiny House Conference. (thank god I don't have to do one of those.......they are cool, but too small for long term living) But there were alternate building speakers and demo houses there that were awesome.
Spent hours hounding them after their lectures and just shooting the shit about the latest building techniques and technologies

.......learned so much and came away with some crazy, badass ideas. :banana:

When not at the conference I was planted at my site in the woods.
(just steps from the City, through an industrial area -----soooooooooooooooooooo many resources for discarded materials here, metal/wood/rejects/seconds----)

.......I have no idea how I managed that.......................... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Running from top to bottom, tracking the sun on the site, clearing ivy and invasives, measuring a couple trees (maples) that will be felled and milled on site for interior siding and finishes/furniture over the years, some cedars are already downed and will be milled for outdoor decks. And cord wood left over from the milling will be, and this is the best part, used to create an Accessory Building Unit (see below) next to the future house, possibly built first so that I don't have to pay rent when building the "Small House" (eventually three houses on the third acre)

Off grid living initially, composting toilet, solar/ battery assist for lights/power, gas cooking/heat (always keep tank and connections outdoors) What about the city you say for the ADU??? (can't do an Accessory Dwelling before a Primary Dwelling)

Well, just flip down the hatches and viola!! just a woodpile.......! :lolol:

Probably I will just wind up doing a cord-wood structure as a storage shed, but, it was fun to dream over the weekend anyways.........................

Oh, yeah.................. I went to a great show too....... :tiphat:

To bring this a little back from smuggville, I would just like to say.

If you have a dream, go for it.

Maybe it doesn't happen right away, and maybe it doesn't work out the way you planned (probably won't), but it's worth it.

People love to say stuffs impossible....................because well, they doubt themselves.............be creative and make it happen....................otherwise..............what's this all for? :noclue:

It's all process, life is process, I'm never going to get there, but that is okay.

And I've been down low and up high and in between and each place was necessary to make today happen.

:wave:

Artemis

#3365 Post by Artemis » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:30 pm

your post made my day, mockbee! i love your enthusiasm! :rockon:

mockbee

#3366 Post by mockbee » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:23 pm

Artemis wrote:your post made my day, mockbee! i love your enthusiasm! :rockon:
If I have improved the life, even, of just one person........it was all worth it! :bday:

:wink:

nausearockpig

#3367 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:25 am

nausearockpig wrote:Broke my fucking Sennheiser headphones... Not that they were really super expensive fancy ones, but still... Now I have to fix them.. fuck.
Bought my first soldering iron and fixed my headphones. Just need something to cover the exposed wires but that's a tomorrow job.

Also learned that USAians call soldering "sodering" cos for some reason that L is just too hard to say....

clickie

#3368 Post by clickie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:06 am

Sounds like you might need some wire shrink wrap.

nausearockpig

#3369 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:29 am

clickie wrote:Sounds like you might need some wire shrink wrap.
Yes sir!

Romeo

#3370 Post by Romeo » Sat May 02, 2015 10:17 am

I am back safe and sound (and probably 10 pounds heavier) from my cruise. I had a great time with my family. Met 2 gay guys who will be life long friends (this is why I am still single, I go on a cruise and hook up with the homosexuals :lol: ) The wedding was lovely except the white people were melting. I mean it was FRIGGIN HOT. Belize was also blazing hot but I was on a beach, submerged in the water with a drinks :drink:

I am still waiting to get my land legs back. I still feel like I'm moving. :wiggle:

mockbee

#3371 Post by mockbee » Tue May 05, 2015 6:09 am

Romeo wrote:I am back safe and sound (and probably 10 pounds heavier) from my cruise. I had a great time with my family. Met 2 gay guys who will be life long friends (this is why I am still single, I go on a cruise and hook up with the homosexuals :lol: ) The wedding was lovely except the white people were melting. I mean it was FRIGGIN HOT. Belize was also blazing hot but I was on a beach, submerged in the water with a drinks :drink:

I am still waiting to get my land legs back. I still feel like I'm moving. :wiggle:
:cool:

mockbee

#3372 Post by mockbee » Tue May 05, 2015 6:49 am

:love:

Pandemonium

#3373 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 05, 2015 11:31 am

mockbee wrote:Image

Casa Del Mockbee

mockbee

#3374 Post by mockbee » Tue May 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
mockbee wrote:Image

Casa Del Mockbee
Sí, señor!

Y muy adecuados para el Cinco de Mayo.

Libertad de invasión y ocupación, por parte de los Franceses... o quien sea!!!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:flip: :flip: :flip: :flip:

:bday:

¿Y otra cosa, alguien puede decirme la diferencia entre el primero y el segundo dibujo?

Artemis y Hype deberías tenerlo porque ella es Canadiense como Patkau (y Frank Gehry!!!!!! mi inspiración, pero no me le gusta) y le gusta la arquitectura, y perkana debe hacerlo porque en realidad puede leer esto, o Larry a.

Lo siento. :lol:

Artemis

#3375 Post by Artemis » Tue May 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Pas de problème..

Me gusta su diseño, mockbee,

So, when is the housewarming party? Maybe we can have my 50th birthday party there in 2017? :P :lol: