Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
perkana

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#501 Post by perkana » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:00 pm

I was just joking, playing around with the you know nothing Jon Snow phrase. I enjoyed reading the books, but I don't compare them with the show. And it helps that I have a short term memory so I am surprised as well when I watch it.

Juana

#502 Post by Juana » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:14 pm

I was being sarcastic in my response. Damn text! Haha there are watching parties a lot of the places here in Austin where people go to bars / cafes and watch it together and the people that are REALLLY REAAAAALLLY into the books are awesome to people watch during those watch parties especially when things do not follow the book. I really enjoy the show either way like any show there are some dud episodes but overall its well written, interesting, and I love the scenery.

perkana

#503 Post by perkana » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:26 pm

I can't believe Maisie Williams will be 18 soon

nausearockpig

#504 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:45 pm

I have heard rumors that episodes 1-4 are out? Is this true?

creep
Site Admin

#505 Post by creep » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:05 pm

yeah they are out there but i'm not tempted to watch them. if i do then i would have to wait over a month for the next new episode.

Jasper

#506 Post by Jasper » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:59 pm

creep wrote:yeah they are out there but i'm not tempted to watch them. if i do then i would have to wait over a month for the next new episode.
Wow. I've been busy with various things, so I'm out of the loop. That's 40% of the freakin' season. :lol: HBO must be so pissed about the potential impact on ratings. I'm generally OK with sharing and such, but people who leak things in this way are dirtbags who could impact ratings, and impact the money HBO has to spend on a pricey show like this.

It's going to be tricky for me to not watch all four of them within a week or two unless the first one or two aren't very exciting. I just don't have much self control in this way. Hopefully I don't binge on them tonight and not get any sleep. :scared:

I remember back when a single episode leaked a week early (when HBO put it online by accident) and it was a good episode. I talked about its goodness and creep caved and watched it. :hehe: We'll see how long you last this time, creep.
:wiggle:

Jasper

#507 Post by Jasper » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:11 pm

I thought that was good. Great ending.

perkana

#508 Post by perkana » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:48 pm

Daario :boobs:

Jasper

#509 Post by Jasper » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:33 pm

I haven't watched any of the leaked episodes yet. I wanted to watch one right after the premiere, but I didn't. I've been pretty busy since then, but that one moment of self control was pretty big.

perkana

#510 Post by perkana » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Same here, I'm fighting the urge too. But then I'm not sure I could keep it to myself and this year I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Plus, I'm with creep. Waiting a month for a new episode is too much.

intertwoven

#511 Post by intertwoven » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:39 pm

I finally get HBO for the first time in my adult life, so no downloading for me this season.

Essence_Smith

#512 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm

You people kill me...I totally got the leaked stuff and watched episodes 2 & 3...not much doing to be totally honest...they're going for the slow burn...I liked what I saw and am interested to hear what you guys think...

creep
Site Admin

#513 Post by creep » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:03 pm

shit...i was pretty drunk when i tried to watch tonight's episode. it was very dialog orientated. (does that make sense??) i need to watch again sober. :drink:

intertwoven

#514 Post by intertwoven » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:41 pm

Remember the other day when I was bragging about getting HBO like a fancy Mr. Money-Pants? Cable's out tonight, of course. Grrr. oh well, I guess I'll watch it on-demand another day.

creep
Site Admin

#515 Post by creep » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:46 pm

intertwoven wrote:Remember the other day when I was bragging about getting HBO like a fancy Mr. Money-Pants? Cable's out tonight, of course. Grrr. oh well, I guess I'll watch it on-demand another day.
do yourself a favor and watch veep, last week tonight and silicon valley too. hbo is worth the $10 a month in my opinion. :noclue:

Jasper

#516 Post by Jasper » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:37 am

I was stone cold sober.

It was a good episode, but like ES said, it's mostly a slow burn, except for the part with the horse chase and sword battle. I was really hoping Tyrion's old cup bearer (forget his name right now) was going to pick up the cute tavern girl, but none of that went very smoothly.

I had an easy time not watching leaked episodes because I had a lot to do, so I was too distracted to think about it. And creep's right, waiting a month in the middle of the season would blow. That's like some AMC half-season bullshit.

Juana

#517 Post by Juana » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:46 am

creep wrote:
intertwoven wrote:Remember the other day when I was bragging about getting HBO like a fancy Mr. Money-Pants? Cable's out tonight, of course. Grrr. oh well, I guess I'll watch it on-demand another day.
do yourself a favor and watch veep, last week tonight and silicon valley too. hbo is worth the $10 a month in my opinion. :noclue:
A lot of those guys from Silicon Valley were at Fun Fun Fun Fest for the comedy portion and they were hilarious and also pretty cool dudes as well.

perkana

#518 Post by perkana » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:28 am

Jasper wrote:I was stone cold sober.

It was a good episode, but like ES said, it's mostly a slow burn, except for the part with the horse chase and sword battle. I was really hoping Tyrion's old cup bearer (forget his name right now) was going to pick up the cute tavern girl, but none of that went very smoothly.

I had an easy time not watching leaked episodes because I had a lot to do, so I was too distracted to think about it. And creep's right, waiting a month in the middle of the season would blow. That's like some AMC half-season bullshit.
Podrick and he was his squire...just saying
Now they're doing too many story lines, I'm not complaining but I'm liking what I'm seeing. I have been waiting a lot for Arya's story in Braavos and I'm intrigued about Sansa. I like her character a lot now.

creep
Site Admin

#519 Post by creep » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:24 pm

perkana wrote:
Jasper wrote:I was stone cold sober.

Podrick and he was his squire...just saying
Now they're doing too many story lines, I'm not complaining but I'm liking what I'm seeing. I have been waiting a lot for Arya's story in Braavos and I'm intrigued about Sansa. I like her character a lot now.
i liked the episode sober much more. i actually understood it. the khaleesi doesn't fuck around. will everyone abandon her? i doubt it. you know those dragons will eventually start fucking shit up led by khalessi.

Essence_Smith

#520 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:26 pm

OK OK OK...so I watched the leaks...I'm not gonna spoil it...but Daenerys is in some deep shit right about nows...the ending of episode 4... :rockon:

And I am a big fan of Stannis right about now...

Jasper

#521 Post by Jasper » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:23 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:OK OK OK...so I watched the leaks...I'm not gonna spoil it...but Daenerys is in some deep shit right about nows...the ending of episode 4... :rockon:

And I am a big fan of Stannis right about now...
Aaaaaand now you have to wait three weeks for another episode. :nod:

I've always been pretty pro-Stannis. I mean aside from the lord of light thing, that's no good. Old gods all the way. Anyway, Stannis IS the rightful king. That's just a fact, so everybody best bend the damn knee.

perkana

#522 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:05 am

If I had my way, it would be Tyrion :rockon: But since that will never be the case, I'm going for Dany. I'd love a Stark, but they are always hanging on a thread, so I won't waste my breath :lol:

perkana

#523 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:08 am

Essence_Smith wrote:OK OK OK...so I watched the leaks...I'm not gonna spoil it...but Daenerys is in some deep shit right about nows...the ending of episode 4... :rockon:
If they are sticking with the books, I know :agree:

creep
Site Admin

#524 Post by creep » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:11 am

perkana wrote:
thanks guys for not spoiling anything. :conf:

i guess we know who the next major character to die is.

Essence_Smith

#525 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 am

creep wrote:
perkana wrote:
thanks guys for not spoiling anything. :conf:

i guess we know who the next major character to die is.
Who said anything about anyone dying??? :noclue: