Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Essence_Smith

Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

#1 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:54 am

This show is awesome...the grittiest thing I think Marvel's ever done. Great casting/acting, pretty down to earth as the character is not a high super powered guy...nice crime show deal and the fight scenes... :rockon:

Highly recommend this one...and I don't endorse much...it's exclusive to Netflix and I think it was a wise decision...anyone else check this out?

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80018294

Essence_Smith

Re: Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix

#2 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:38 am

perkana

#3 Post by perkana » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:15 am

Have you seen this ES? It made me laugh so hard...

Can't wait to see the new Avengers flick :wiggle:

Juana

#4 Post by Juana » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:17 pm

Yeah I'm liking the show

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:This show is awesome...the grittiest thing I think Marvel's ever done. Great casting/acting, pretty down to earth as the character is not a high super powered guy...nice crime show deal and the fight scenes... :rockon:

Highly recommend this one...and I don't endorse much...it's exclusive to Netflix and I think it was a wise decision...anyone else check this out?

Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'm hoping it makes it to Blu-ray quickly as that's my preferred way to watch (and re-watch) a full season like this.

Essence_Smith

#6 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:05 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:This show is awesome...the grittiest thing I think Marvel's ever done. Great casting/acting, pretty down to earth as the character is not a high super powered guy...nice crime show deal and the fight scenes... :rockon:

Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'm hoping it makes it to Blu-ray quickly as that's my preferred way to watch (and re-watch) a full season like this.
I'm not sure it'll be available in that format for a while...it's only been on Netflix for a few days...it's getting good reviews for a reason & it's more of a crime type show than anything I'd call a superhero show...but definitely you should check it whenever and however, it's quality...

Eric B.

#7 Post by Eric B. » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Loved this show. Way better than Agents of Shield. Marvel is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. Those costumes are really cool in comics but are Always a bit lame in movies/tv. But hey, it's good fun and I think Marvel really made a smart move by making the movies and tv series by themself. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a goldmine......................and fun to watch.

Btw, if this was not one of my teenage favourite heroes I think I'd appreciate the show a bit less. The storyline is sometimes a bit shaky, Foggy and Karen are a bit annoying at times, the fighting scenes are good, but a bit too long and overall they could have told the same story in less time, but hey, I had a good week with this one.

Pandemonium

#8 Post by Pandemonium » Sun May 03, 2015 9:30 am

Thanks to Netflix offering a free month, I'm binge watching this show over the weekend. So far, really liking it and as an old time Marvel fanboy, love the very subtle references to old school places and characters, etc. For instance, there's a poster barely glimpsed in the gym in the first EP that say "Battlin' Matt Murdock" faced off against Crusher Creel who in the comics was actually The Absorbing Man. Also nice they tie into the destruction of New York from the first Avengers movie.

Essence_Smith

#9 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue May 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Thanks to Netflix offering a free month, I'm binge watching this show over the weekend. So far, really liking it and as an old time Marvel fanboy, love the very subtle references to old school places and characters, etc. For instance, there's a poster barely glimpsed in the gym in the first EP that say "Battlin' Matt Murdock" faced off against Crusher Creel who in the comics was actually The Absorbing Man. Also nice they tie into the destruction of New York from the first Avengers movie.
Wait till you finish the season...it just gets better and better and yep they definitely do it justice by tying the old school references in there.

Pandemonium

#10 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 12, 2015 9:51 pm

Finished the season last night. I have to add to ES' rave about the series, it's really fucking good. There's a few things that could be better, I'm not sold on the casting for Foggy and bumping off a couple key characters was a mis-step but these are very minor nitpicks. Casting D'Onofrio as The Kingpin works perfectly. The writers really dug deep in mostly the Frank Miller stories to get their material and what changes they made were for the most part for the better. Looking forward to season 2 next year.

Pandemonium

#11 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Started watching season 2 today, made it through episode 3 before taking a break to savor the rest over the coming week. All I can say is "holy shit." As good as season 1 was, so far S2 is even better.

Juana

#12 Post by Juana » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:36 am

Yeah this season was fucking rad