New Faith No More album?

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
creep
Site Admin

Re: New Faith No More album?

#151 Post by creep » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:54 pm

mockbee wrote:Why don't they do a better job? :hs:
i think the problem is that they have a bass player designing the cover. you saw what happened when a lead singer designed a satellite party album.

musicians are much better at music.

nausearockpig

#152 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:14 pm

creep wrote:
i think the problem is that they have a bass player designing the cover. you saw what happened when a lead singer designed a satellite party album.

Album of the Year cover wasn't any good.. same with Angel Dust.. they don't have a very good track record....

Only the music matters in the end..

creep
Site Admin

#153 Post by creep » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:17 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
creep wrote:

Album of the Year cover wasn't any good.. same with Angel Dust.. they don't have a very good track record....

Only the music matters in the end..
i liked the angel dust cover

album of the year not so much

i'm with you though. album covers don't mean much to me.

nausearockpig

#154 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:31 pm

Shits me when they don't include the lyrics too. Fuckers.

blackula

#155 Post by blackula » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:23 am

creep wrote:i like the song but i like it live much more than the studio version.
Totally agree, the studio version sounds like it was recorded to be in the next Maddon football game or to play while the credits run at the end of a popcorn superhero movie.

JOEinPHX

#156 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:00 pm

creep wrote:this is what the band sent out. wonder if this is the actual cover. the name and title look really amateurish. since they are self releasing that can be expected i guess.

This is probably the first and only time I will ever see the cover this large.

Once I illegally download the album, the artwork will become a secondary piece of information that is only a 100 x 100 pixel square in my iTunes.

mockbee

#157 Post by mockbee » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:14 am

Just bought a ticket for the Portland show. Up front in the orchestra level, only paid $20 over retail. Pretty stoked! :rockon:

Not SF, but that's okay, actually it was good I couldn't get tickets for the Warfield shows. Plans later made it so I'm not even going to be here.

Creep, I have been listening to Album of the Year non-stop, really like it now. I always didn't care for any FNM radio tunes, but really like their other stuff now. Do you have a suggestion of the next album I should check out, if I liked AOTY?

Sweeeet! :banana:

Essence_Smith

#158 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:50 am

mockbee wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:AK hates MP because MP is exactly who AK wishes he could be.
spot on.

That type of shit really bugs me.
I think Mike is great at what he does and I am a huge fan of his but I think his whole vibe when he started with FNM was clearly influenced by what Kiedis was doing. Not the rapping...the hair and clothing, stage moves etc...very next album and tour and he cuts his hair and his voice and delivery changes... :lol:

At the end of the day AK has a pretty comfortable life and just so happens to be in the RNR HOF...Patton is a guy I love but he's done some projects that you have to be out of your mind to listen to...I think AK is just really easy for some to dislike... :nod:

creep
Site Admin

#159 Post by creep » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:53 am

mockbee wrote:Just bought a ticket for the Portland show. Up front in the orchestra level, only paid $20 over retail. Pretty stoked! :rockon:

Not SF, but that's okay, actually it was good I couldn't get tickets for the Warfield shows. Plans later made it so I'm not even going to be here.

Creep, I have been listening to Album of the Year non-stop, really like it now. I always didn't care for any FNM radio tunes, but really like their other stuff now. Do you have a suggestion of the next album I should check out, if I liked AOTY?

Sweeeet! :banana:
cool....i think you have to go for "king for a day" next. album of the year has a couple better songs but overall kfad is a better album in my opinion. i assume that you have heard much of angel dust but that should be the third album.

Larry B.

#160 Post by Larry B. » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Brilliant album, that. They played it on its entirety in Chile in 2011, it was fantastic.

Here's the full show in quite good quality:

mockbee

#161 Post by mockbee » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Thanks guys!

I know I've had this album in my queue to acquire for some time, but never got around to it. Listening to a couple riffs now, definitely good, going to add to my playlists.

Your ear for music definitely changes over time. I just have to remember that and go back sometimes to things I thought I didn't care for, like Angel Dust..... :hehe: :wink:

creep
Site Admin

#162 Post by creep » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:06 am

more us dates. i had to sell my tickets since i will be out of town on the 19th. :nyrexall:
July 26 Austin Music Hall Austin, TX

July 27 South Side Ballroom Dallas, TX

July 28 Bayou Music Center Houston, TX

July 30 Masquerade Music Park Atlanta, GA

July 31 Red Hat Amphitheater Raleigh, NC

August 1 Skyline Stage at the Mann Center Philadelphia, PA

August 2 Merriweather Post Pavilion Columbia, MD

August 4 Blue Hills Bank Pavilion Boston, MA

August 5 Madison Square Garden New York, NY

August 7 Ricoh Coliseum Toronto, ON

mockbee

#163 Post by mockbee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:54 am

creep wrote:more us dates. i had to sell my tickets since i will be out of town on the 19th. :nyrexall:

Sorry to hear creep. Hopefully it's not because of some dumb work thing.

I was actually lucky not to get tickets for sf because I am out of town for a conference, which by pure circumstance was in Portland at the same time FNM were there...... :hs:

Guess I was meant to see them. :bday:

Also looks like stubhub tickets prices have gone up since a few weeks ago. Now is probably the best time to sell at least.

Essence_Smith

#164 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:59 am

:essence:
Take it from the occasional scalper here...best time is usually right before the show...I'm glad they're doing an MSG gig...now I still have a chance! Presale tomorrow...yalls wish me luck... :banana:

blackula

#165 Post by blackula » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Essence_Smith wrote::essence:
Take it from the occasional scalper here...best time is usually right before the show...I'm glad they're doing an MSG gig...now I still have a chance! Presale tomorrow...yalls wish me luck... :banana:
Good Luck! Cool that Refused is opening, The Shape of Punk to Come is a good album

mockbee

#166 Post by mockbee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:29 pm

Funny, ES, you should mention "scalper", "best time right before the show", and "MSG" in the same sentence to me........

It was 13 years ago, I had recently moved to NYC and had two free tickets to the Rangers/Devils hockey game at MSG and I invited you to go because I didn't know anybody in NYC and I knew you lived there and you seemed cool online. You said you had to go look at rings or something and couldn't go. So I approached a few scalpers outside MSG right before the game to see if they were interested in a single ticket for $20-$30 and none were. I wasn't about to hang around midtown trying to pawn off a ticket to hockey fans (I had never seen a hockey game before), so my coke and hot dog had a seat all to themselves in the fourth row.

:tiphat:

Essence_Smith

#167 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:22 am

mockbee wrote:

Funny, ES, you should mention "scalper", "best time right before the show", and "MSG" in the same sentence to me........

It was 13 years ago, I had recently moved to NYC and had two free tickets to the Rangers/Devils hockey game at MSG and I invited you to go because I didn't know anybody in NYC and I knew you lived there and you seemed cool online. You said you had to go look at rings or something and couldn't go. So I approached a few scalpers outside MSG right before the game to see if they were interested in a single ticket for $20-$30 and none were. I wasn't about to hang around midtown trying to pawn off a ticket to hockey fans (I had never seen a hockey game before), so my coke and hot dog had a seat all to themselves in the fourth row.

:tiphat:
I remember that! I always appreciated the offer and yep, I was indeed getting married around that time and I think the rings were the last thing we had to secure before the wedding...I always appreciated the offer and trust that I've been to MANY MSG events with one single ticket that no one seemed to want...this also happened at a Met game last year... :lol:

Back on topic...managed to get the presale code...and GOT MY TICKETS to see Faith No More at MSG...I hate arena type gigs but they're one of my all time faves I never got to see back in the day and it's been about 3 years since my last rock show... :rockon:

mockbee

#168 Post by mockbee » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:37 am

Essence_Smith wrote:...and GOT MY TICKETS to see Faith No More at MSG...I hate arena type gigs but they're one of my all time faves I never got to see back in the day and it's been about 3 years since my last rock show... :rockon:
Congrats!

Juana

#169 Post by Juana » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:30 am

Got a few tickets for Austin. This is going to be a good spring / summer for shows.

Essence_Smith

#170 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:10 am

mockbee wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:...and GOT MY TICKETS to see Faith No More at MSG...I hate arena type gigs but they're one of my all time faves I never got to see back in the day and it's been about 3 years since my last rock show... :rockon:
Congrats!
ty...I'm just glad I'm on the floor up close to the stage...I HATED seeing Jane's from the nosebleed at MSG...

intertwoven

#171 Post by intertwoven » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Looks like the album is out there now.

Pandemonium

#172 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:00 pm

Anyone wanting to go to any of the three LA Wiltern shows next week - some GA Pit tickets dropped this evening on TM/Live Nation. I'm in the pit for Friday 4/24.

creep
Site Admin

#173 Post by creep » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:12 pm

intertwoven wrote:Looks like the album is out there now.
after my first listen i like the album ok. it seems to be the type of album that will grow on me after a few listens. every fnm album has a few turds on it and this one doesn't have any that stand out to me as turd worthy. the best song on the album is separation anxiety. i need a few more listens though...

Matz

#174 Post by Matz » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:13 am

I'm the only one here who thinks this band is completely overrated right?

nausearockpig

#175 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:32 am

Matz wrote:I'm the only one here who thinks this band is completely overrated right?
Probably not just here, but in the whole world...