Jane's and 38 Special

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
creep
Site Admin

Re: Jane's and 38 Special

#76 Post by creep » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:35 pm

everyone is boycotting anything to do indiana. does janes cancel? i doubt it.

just saw this today
Wilco just announced via Twitter that it has canceled an upcoming concert date in Indianapolis in protest of the state’s controversial new “religious freedom” law. In two tweets, the group stated, “We’re canceling our 5/7 show in Indianapolis. ‘Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act’ feels like thinly disguised legal discrimination... Hope to get back to the Hoosier State someday soon, when this odious measure is repealed. Refunds available at point of purchase.”

Artemis

#77 Post by Artemis » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Wilco. :rockon:

I'd be interested to see what JA does too. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt they would be willing to give up a pay cheque.

creep
Site Admin

#78 Post by creep » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Artemis wrote:Wilco. :rockon:

I'd be interested to see what JA does too. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt they would be willing to give up a pay cheque.
it's not really their show. it's a paid corporate show and who knows how the contract works but it could cost them money. :noclue:

i could see dave having an issue....but perry... who knows?

intertwoven

#79 Post by intertwoven » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm sure they'll play as normal, with Perry spouting some gibberish against it between songs a couple times to a smattering of applause.

clickie

#80 Post by clickie » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:26 pm

So whats one of 38 specials hit songs? I need to broaden my listening horizon.

Essence_Smith

#81 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:18 pm

Despite listening to Strays for the first time that day and hearing True Nature and knowing immediately that something wasn't quite right, I still took my place amongst the crowd at Tower Records in NYC the day that album released for the signing...a disappointing deal overall...Dave was the only one who was friendly, I pissed off Perk because when Dave introduced him nervously said "I know who he is" like I didn't care (lol) and his whole demeanor changed...Perry didn't even look up until I shook a hand in his face and I also totally walked away without shaking Chaney's hand and came back to the table to do so and blurted out some crazy fan boy shit...the only time in my life I've ever been even remotely star struck and in all honesty since the meeting was nothing like I'd always imagined as a kid...the dream died that day...the rest that followed is history...

I say all of that to say...it's been a LONG time since 1.0 and the lot of us are still hanging around mainly because we've been doing it for so long it just feels like what we should be doing...somewhere along the lines though it became a common thing for someone to post on what JA is doing now and for the rest to pile on about how shitty it is...and that imo is just as shitty as what JA is doing now...I like to make lemonade myself...now que whoever to tell me I should stop posting to put that out there, etc...I just don't get the point in pouting about it...ya don't like it don't pay it any mind...I still listen to JA every now and again and still remember how great they were and realize that they're just tied to that time. No need to analyze it beyond that...what they do now is completely meaningless. I look at it like this...I had a friend who died in a bad motorcycle accident and I happened upon it and was called to the ER to identify him...that's not how I remember him even though the image is burned into my brain...I realize it's more difficult for others though...

Just gonna take a guess that Rollins, Corgan and all the rest still prefer to remember JA at their peak and still have a deep appreciation...also being that they also realize they need to make a living they're not judging anywhere near as harshly as we do... :wave:

JOEinPHX

#82 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:38 pm

intertwoven wrote:I'm sure they'll play as normal, with Perry spouting some gibberish against it between songs a couple times to a smattering of applause.
Yeah it'll be more of his embarrassing bullshit. "I love getting my cock SUCKED!" ...."Anyone wanna fuck my wife in the ass like I do?"

:eyes:

Dave, Stephen, and Cheney will have to start playing the next song to cut him off just like they have in the past.

creep
Site Admin

#83 Post by creep » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:11 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:.ya don't like it don't pay it any mind.
that's some great advice :arrow: :idea:

cricket_bows

#84 Post by cricket_bows » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:22 am

Essence_Smith wrote:ya don't like it don't pay it any mind...

Essence_Smith

#85 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:36 pm

creep wrote:
More often than not I do follow it...have you guys actually counted how many of the threads get like this? :lol:

Tyler Durden

#86 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:43 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
creep wrote:
More often than not I do follow it...have you guys actually counted how many of the threads get like this? :lol:
There's a TON (of course). But I think loyal Jane's fans who grew up on them have the right to feel "hurt" and/or "betrayed" over where this band has ended up.

Just like Star Wars fans have the right to shit on George Lucas.

Essence_Smith

#87 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:26 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
creep wrote:
There's a TON (of course). But I think loyal Jane's fans who grew up on them have the right to feel "hurt" and/or "betrayed" over where this band has ended up.

That was the point of the story I told, I get it and I feel pretty much the same and as a result how do I handle it? Jane's played Terminal 5 in NYC a few years back...it's walking distance from my job and free...I made NO effort to attend and I don't think I'll ever go to see them live again. I'm not saying people don't have a right to feel like we do, I just think it's pointless to keep following every move they make and shake our heads over it.

Tyler Durden

#88 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:56 am

Essence_Smith wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
creep wrote:

That was the point of the story I told, I get it and I feel pretty much the same and as a result how do I handle it? Jane's played Terminal 5 in NYC a few years back...it's walking distance from my job and free...I made NO effort to attend and I don't think I'll ever go to see them live again. I'm not saying people don't have a right to feel like we do, I just think it's pointless to keep following every move they make and shake our heads over it.
Oh, I know...but it's a grieving process. :lol:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#89 Post by Hokahey » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:22 am

It's as much a habit and hobby for us to trash Janes as it is for ES to wag his finger at us about it. Years now. Years.

Essence_Smith

#90 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:13 am

I'm not wagging my finger, have at it...I just think it's dumb...ratio of these threads to me saying anything about how I feel is probably 100:1... :lol:

Tyler Durden

#91 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:19 am

Essence_Smith wrote:I'm not wagging my finger, have at it...I just think it's dumb...ratio of these threads to me saying anything about how I feel is probably 100:1... :lol:
Sure...but 99.9% of the time, you're the only one complaining about them. :noclue:

Essence_Smith

#92 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:55 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:I'm not wagging my finger, have at it...I just think it's dumb...ratio of these threads to me saying anything about how I feel is probably 100:1... :lol:
Sure...but 99.9% of the time, you're the only one complaining about them. :noclue:
Agreed...carry on then... :hehe: