Romeo

Re: Something Brewing

#2 Post by Romeo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:44 am

you left off "@maestrodobel"

:jerkit:

Matz

#3 Post by Matz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:48 am

if we're lucky they're just jammin having a good time and not actually writing anything

mockbee

#4 Post by mockbee » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:01 am

Matz wrote:if we're lucky they're just jammin having a good time and not actually writing anything

I was thinking that's a no brainer.

Imagine if we saw this future post in '09 or '02 or '97.

"Because they haven't played a show in a decade???? Is that why? Is it?!??!??!"

bman

#5 Post by bman » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:12 am

hopefully it's better than Another Soulmate.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#6 Post by Hokahey » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:45 am

Fingers crossed for a rockin version of "Applause for You."

JOEinPHX

#7 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:25 pm

What a sterile environment. No wonder his music is so bland.

guysmiley

#8 Post by guysmiley » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Didn't they release some awful song a year or two ago and then made it magically disappear? What was that? I forgot. Actually I want to hear it again,

blackula

#9 Post by blackula » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:36 pm

Where's Dave?

creep
Site Admin

#10 Post by creep » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:38 pm

dave is filming ink master in nyc

JOEinPHX

#11 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:12 pm

guysmiley wrote:Didn't they release some awful song a year or two ago and then made it magically disappear? What was that? I forgot. Actually I want to hear it again,
I'm down with ya baby. Down with ya honey.

Hype

#12 Post by Hype » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:49 am

That piece of shit sounds like a Def Leppard cover band got confused and thought they were U2. :jasper:

guysmiley

#13 Post by guysmiley » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:59 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
guysmiley wrote:Didn't they release some awful song a year or two ago and then made it magically disappear? What was that? I forgot. Actually I want to hear it again,

:confused: Is that the real video or something you made 6767? Holy fuck that is bad. Now I remember why I didn't paid much attention to it.

cricket_bows

#14 Post by cricket_bows » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:05 am

I have to tell myself everything after '91 is a long con or performance art, à la Andy Kaufman. Fuckin' horrible. :no:

Noonesshocking

#15 Post by Noonesshocking » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:

I forgot how shockingly amateurish the production is on it.

Pandemonium

#16 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:02 pm

This is the one song they semi-officially released with Duff on bass, right?

creep
Site Admin

#17 Post by creep » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:02 pm

for those that care jane's added another show and guess what it's a festival. they are playing with a bunch of bands i have never heard of in michigan.

http://www.commongroundfest.com/lineup/

farrellgirl99

#18 Post by farrellgirl99 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:18 pm

creep wrote:for those that care jane's added another show and guess what it's a festival. they are playing with a bunch of bands i have never heard of in michigan.

Yikes. I've only heard of Alien Ant Farm, and that's only for their 'annie are you ok' cover

creep
Site Admin

#19 Post by creep » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:29 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
creep wrote:for those that care jane's added another show and guess what it's a festival. they are playing with a bunch of bands i have never heard of in michigan.

Yikes. I've only heard of Alien Ant Farm, and that's only for their 'annie are you ok' cover
oh yeah...i know them.

i just looked again and i have heard of one of the other headliners. it's that woman that sings "all about that bass". they obviously don't give a shit who they play with as long as they give them enough money.

JOEinPHX

#20 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:47 pm

And I thought the 38 Special show was a terrible lineup.

Perry will seriously say yes to anything.

Mescal

#21 Post by Mescal » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:

Sounds like the Fly

But the U2 songs is better.

bman

#22 Post by bman » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:11 am

Everyone wants to kill Perry for the demise of the mighty JA but let's be honest, Dave and Perkins and Chaney are not actually coming up with ground breaking music either. Perry's lyrics have been straightforward since Good Gods Urge. But it's not as though the band is coming up with Had a Dad riffs anymore either. Everyone of them is lazy these days. I'd kill for a Hard Charger like song to be written.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#23 Post by Hokahey » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:40 am

bman wrote:Everyone wants to kill Perry for the demise of the mighty JA but let's be honest, Dave and Perkins and Chaney are not actually coming up with ground breaking music either. Perry's lyrics have been straightforward since Good Gods Urge. But it's not as though the band is coming up with Had a Dad riffs anymore either. Everyone of them is lazy these days. I'd kill for a Hard Charger like song to be written.
GGU was an under appreciated gem. The lyrics on that were stellar. In my opinion of course.

And I agree about the rest of the band. None of them care about making weirdo punk art any more. At all. They're pretty straight forward rock musicians. Bland. Boring.

Some of TGEA had decent atmospherics. I still like Irresistable Force and Underground sonically. The rest of the album was pretty forgettable.

Hype

#24 Post by Hype » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:21 am

hokahey wrote:
bman wrote:Everyone wants to kill Perry for the demise of the mighty JA but let's be honest, Dave and Perkins and Chaney are not actually coming up with ground breaking music either. Perry's lyrics have been straightforward since Good Gods Urge. But it's not as though the band is coming up with Had a Dad riffs anymore either. Everyone of them is lazy these days. I'd kill for a Hard Charger like song to be written.
GGU was an under appreciated gem. The lyrics on that were stellar. In my opinion of course.

And I agree about the rest of the band. None of them care about making weirdo punk art any more. At all. They're pretty straight forward rock musicians. Bland. Boring.

Some of TGEA had decent atmospherics. I still like Irresistable Force and Underground sonically. The rest of the album was pretty forgettable.
It's like... somehow we ignored Methods of Mayhem... Probably the biggest pile of garbage outside of Satellite Party.

Banyan was pretentious and only sort of good.

guysmiley

#25 Post by guysmiley » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:03 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
hokahey wrote:

It's like... somehow we ignored Methods of Mayhem... Probably the biggest pile of garbage outside of Satellite Party.

Banyan was pretentious and only sort of good.
Any Banyan with Nels on guitar I would take over anything any of them have done post 2000.