Where do your name handles come from?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
kv

Re: Where do your name handles come from?

#26 Post by kv » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm

ok yes we can

kv

#27 Post by kv » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm

gotta go buy now

Larry B.

#28 Post by Larry B. » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:06 pm

kv wrote:gotta go buy now
can you get me one too? i only have a while agos.

Pandemonium

#29 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Heh, KV rocks tonight.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#30 Post by Hokahey » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Pretty obvious.

tubro

#31 Post by tubro » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 pm

1982 my college roommate philip and i are driving south towards nyc on the nys thruway. next to us is a classic block long cadillac in bright pink and totally pimped out in the 70s snookie bear style of pimping. dude has the whole bit going on and he's dressed like walt clyde frazier to boot. i cant even describe all the different pimp shit he's got all over his car but there were definitely lanterns hanging in the windows and leopard skin on the dash board and the whole shebang. anyway, he had bought those metal square stick on letters that you get at the hardware store and tried to spell 'turbo' on his fender but he misspelled it. philip and i must have laughed for 10 miles.
years later when al gore invented the internet, it was philip who was my most geeked out tech buddy and he introduced me to it, and when i needed a screen name for my first email account, my mind drifted back to that big pimpin' cat. been tubro ever since.

CaseyContrarian

#32 Post by CaseyContrarian » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:02 pm

Casey is my real name, and I am The Contrarian.

nausearockpig

#33 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Nausea is the name of the band I intend to one day start or if I play solo with a computer, the name the project will be called. The rockpig bit came about by my dislike of the antics and general behaviour I've read/heard about when musicians behave like they are better than the rest of us. It's meant to be ironic as I think that if I was ever a successful musician I wouldn't be more of a cunt than I am now (the acceptable amount/level). It could end up being prophetic lol.

I may need to rethink the "nausea" bit as there are already a few nauseas out there :(

pandarve666

#34 Post by pandarve666 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:20 am

Pandarve is the name of a planet in a comic I really used to love as a kid. The name of the comic is Storm by the Britisch artist Don Lawrence, who is mostly known for his work The Trigan Empire.

The 666 just got added when I wanted to create an emailaccount and 'pandarve' was already taken. Furthermore I am pure evil of course.

http://donlawrence.co.uk/home/index.php ... ence.co.uk
http://www.triganempire.co.uk/home/

intertwoven

#35 Post by intertwoven » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:18 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:Casey is my real name, and I am The Contrarian.
I always assumed it was a Casey Niccoli ref. Which is fucked up.. how can you "take a contrary position or attitude" toward her, she's a sweetie! So knowing that's not where it comes from bumps you up a little in my eyes. :cool:

CaseyContrarian

#36 Post by CaseyContrarian » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:37 pm

intertwoven wrote:
I always assumed it was a Casey Niccoli ref. Which is fucked up.. how can you "take a contrary position or attitude" toward her, she's a sweetie! So knowing that's not where it comes from bumps you up a little in my eyes. :cool:
Yeah, a shitty coincidence. I love Casey. We often do weird name things with each other on FB.

nausearockpig

#37 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:39 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
intertwoven wrote:
Yeah, a shitty coincidence. I love Casey. We often do weird name things with each other on FB.
Sexy things?

<bow chucka wow-wow music here>

CaseyContrarian

#38 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:33 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
intertwoven wrote:
Sexy things?

<bow chucka wow-wow music here>
I wish.

JOEinPHX

#39 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:56 am

i was signing up for my first personal email address in 1999, Dave Navarro was my favorite musician at the time, and i decided to go with 6767. But they don't let you start your email address with a number.

So i spelled out the 6s.

I've considered changing it probably a dozen times through the years, but every time I consider it, someone tells me it's become part of who i am. And they are probably right. So i just keep it.