Live shows in your agenda?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
perkana

Re: Live shows in your agenda?

#61 Post by perkana » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Botellita de Jerez will be playing next week (29th) in New York...I'm not going just thought I'd share this with you:
http://ny.remezcla.com/2011/latin/botel ... york-sobs/
They play good music and are funny as hell. I have a blast at their shows.

JOEinPHX

#62 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:39 pm

nausearockpig

#63 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:04 pm

I'm off to see The Beards tonight at The Espy in Melbourne. Anyone from here who happens to go tonight, come say hello. I'll be wearing a sky blue t-shirt with a pic of Lando Calrissian on it that has "Welcome To Orlando" on it..

nausearockpig

#64 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:56 pm

nausearockpig wrote:I'm off to see The Beards tonight at The Espy in Melbourne. Anyone from here who happens to go tonight, come say hello. I'll be wearing a sky blue t-shirt with a pic of Lando Calrissian on it that has "Welcome To Orlando" on it..
It's now a black Vision Street Wear t-shirt.

thoreau

#65 Post by thoreau » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:38 am

I'm going to the The Human Ascension Project (hip-hop group of my co-worker) on Saturday.

I'm going down to Orlando on November 5th to see Fishbone headline, which I'm pretty damn excited about.

Not sure what I'm seeing in between those two shows yet.

cabangbangq

#66 Post by cabangbangq » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:38 am

On a whim, I decided two nights ago to get a ticket for the Smashing Pumpkins at the Fox Theater in Oakland on the 7th, on the chance they bring their A game.

God damn. I'm a pretty big fan, but since I am 17 and only got into them last year, I obviously never saw any of their shows before with any of the other lineups, but holy shit did this show kickass. The band was super tight, Billy was really into it, and the setlist was great with a lot of stuff from Siamese Dream, Gish, and Pisces Iscariot mixed with the new stuff which wasn't all that bad.

In short, if you see tickets for fairly cheap that are GA, do it.

Pandemonium

#67 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:50 am

cabangbangq wrote:On a whim, I decided two nights ago to get a ticket for the Smashing Pumpkins at the Fox Theater in Oakland on the 7th, on the chance they bring their A game.

God damn. I'm a pretty big fan, but since I am 17 and only got into them last year, I obviously never saw any of their shows before with any of the other lineups, but holy shit did this show kickass. The band was super tight, Billy was really into it, and the setlist was great with a lot of stuff from Siamese Dream, Gish, and Pisces Iscariot mixed with the new stuff which wasn't all that bad.

Any wrestling?

cabangbangq

#68 Post by cabangbangq » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
cabangbangq wrote:On a whim, I decided two nights ago to get a ticket for the Smashing Pumpkins at the Fox Theater in Oakland on the 7th, on the chance they bring their A game.

Any wrestling?
Ha, no, Billy basically didn't speak at all through the duration of the show until the end. The band just put their head down and played for about 2 hours straight without any bullshit

Juana

#69 Post by Juana » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:28 am

http://funfunfunfest.com/artists/

Yep in 2 weeks.. PIP passes got here today as I got a hold of Graham

Pure Method

#70 Post by Pure Method » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:24 pm

just saw Liam Finn & co. playing their last show of their tour in Durham. 'twas incredible, esp. for a band i'm not all that into (previously, as it were...)

esqfool

#71 Post by esqfool » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Saw the Black Angels/Dead Meadow/Spindrift ticket on Sunday. Pretty damn good show. Black Angels fucking smoke live. Also, saw Morning After Girls last week if you're familiar with them. Great band with some killer songs. Very BJM/Dandys feel to them. Seeing Meat Puppets on the 30th and I'm pretty stoked about that.

Larry B.

#72 Post by Larry B. » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:50 am

So, apparently there's some sort of "unofficial confirmation" of some bands that will be performing in Lolla 2012 Chile and Brazil:

- Foo Fighters
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Arctic Monkeys
- TV on the radio
- MGMT
- Jane's Addiction
- Foster the People
- Cage the Elephant
- Big Audio Dynamite
- Skrillex

:noclue:

I'd see Jane's, catch a glimpse of the Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys...

Artemis

#73 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:02 pm

I read this morning that Prince is playing here nov 25+26, tickets go on sale nov 4. $50-$250. for prince, i don't mind paying. i've seen him 3x and not been disappointed. he always has a stellar band too.

last time he had a show here was 2004. i MUST get tickets!!!

lollapaloser

#74 Post by lollapaloser » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Think Ill check out Hank3 in WOrcester on 11/18.

Juana

#75 Post by Juana » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:51 pm

The Prince shows will be good.

Going to hit up FFF Nites on the Thursday before the fest and see what that is all about Toxic Holocaust is playing

creep
Site Admin

#76 Post by creep » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:02 am

anyone going to the cure shows in los angeles or ny this month? i was thinking about los angeles but forgot about the shows.

they are playing three imaginary boys, seventeen seconds and faith.

Artemis

#77 Post by Artemis » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:32 am

creep wrote:anyone going to the cure shows in los angeles or ny this month? i was thinking about los angeles but forgot about the shows.

they are playing three imaginary boys, seventeen seconds and faith.
Man, I would go to that for sure! :cool:

Larry B.

#78 Post by Larry B. » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:37 am

Tomorrie:

I'll know like 5 songs. But it'll be fun. And I'd have seen both living Beatles within 6 months. Crazy.

Larry B.

#79 Post by Larry B. » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:46 am

So...

I had numbered tickets and it usually takes me 30 minutes to get to the arena where Ringo was playing, so I left 80 minutes before the show, just in case there was traffic or something like that. It took me 100 minutes to get there. It was unbelievable. There was an accident near the arena, but c'mon... there was a guy lying on the street, surrounded by paramedics, but the goddamn scene took only ONE lane, and there were FOUR.

So anyway, I arrived when Ringo and his All Starr band were playing the third or fourth song. The show was OK, waaaaaaaaaaaay to much old-school rock & roll for me. A 5 minute keyboard solo?? REALLY??? "OMGOMGOMG, how awesome is that you are playing scales up and down with different sounds and using that bending stick!?!??!?!" Then, a 7 minute long guitar solo... again, scales up and down, slide up, slide down, very fast pull-offs...

However, everything was forgiven when they played the chords of the "Billy Shears" part of "With a Little Help..." it gave me goosebumps. When they played that song, "Yellow Submarine" and "Photograph", I just couldn't stop smiling.

One item less on the list of things I have to do in my life :wiggle:

Larry B.

#80 Post by Larry B. » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:00 am

Today: Alice in Chains and Faith No More.

FNM :rockon:

Larry B.

#81 Post by Larry B. » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:19 am

Long story short: Alice in Chains took me by surprise, they were really really solid. They played the 3 songs I like (Nutshell, Angry Chair and Would?), and they played Would? incredibly slow and stoner-y, it was beautiful.

And FNM is just out of this world. What an incredible band, and the connection and intimacy they have with Chile is beyond absurd. Their performance of KFAD, with Trey Spruance on guitar, had some shaky moments, but they made it work. And we got a huge rarity: Absolute Zero.

Love that band. Love it.

Juana

#82 Post by Juana » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:21 am

Yeah I was at the SF show last year when Trannyshack opened up for them and FNM killed it. I flew out there for it because I wanted to see them so bad. Saw them in '92 when I was 11 as well and I have to say that last year's show was a lot better because I appreciated the music a lot more and they played a longer set.

Larry B.

#83 Post by Larry B. » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:26 am

Juana wrote:Yeah I was at the SF show last year when Trannyshack opened up for them and FNM killed it. I flew out there for it because I wanted to see them so bad. Saw them in '92 when I was 11 as well and I have to say that last year's show was a lot better because I appreciated the music a lot more and they played a longer set.
You might want to check out this thread, if you haven't already: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=565&start=20#p15755

:wave:

Larry B.

#84 Post by Larry B. » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:35 am

Oh, and Duff McKagan joined Alice in Chains on guitar for Rooster.

I remember laughing inside, thinking "should I be excited because an ex-member of Jane's Addiction is onstage?"

pandarve666

#85 Post by pandarve666 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:57 am

Monster Magnet, November 28th - Antwerp

This must be my 10th Monster Magnet concert if I count right. It's a band that really knows how to kick ass, even now that Dave Wyndorf is a real fatass.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: