Live shows in your agenda?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
perkana

Re: Live shows in your agenda?

#321 Post by perkana » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:58 am

Artemis wrote:I'm a little bummed out that I couldn't get tickets to any of the Kate Bush shows in London. I tried for a single ticket and even a Hospitality Package £425 - sold out. :sad:

I was up at 05:00(EST) to get ready to book as soon as the tickets went on sale on Ticket Master UK.

I wanted to book tickets and then book a trip around the date of the show. I can still book a trip though.
Are you a Benedict Cumberbatch fan? If so, he'll be playing Hamlet. I don't know if it's this year though. I would love to go and see him.

Artemis

#322 Post by Artemis » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:10 am

perkana wrote:
Artemis wrote:I'm a little bummed out that I couldn't get tickets to any of the Kate Bush shows in London. I tried for a single ticket and even a Hospitality Package £425 - sold out. :sad:

I was up at 05:00(EST) to get ready to book as soon as the tickets went on sale on Ticket Master UK.

I wanted to book tickets and then book a trip around the date of the show. I can still book a trip though.
Are you a Benedict Cumberbatch fan? If so, he'll be playing Hamlet. I don't know if it's this year though. I would love to go and see him.
Yes, I like Mr Cumberbatch. If do end up going to London I will definitely check about Hamlet.

Artemis

#323 Post by Artemis » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:30 am

MYXYLPLYX

#324 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:54 am

Larry B. wrote:
You were here!? You fffff... I would've liked to hang out for a couple of minutes or maybe throw some underwear at you! :lol:

I was waaaaaay back, in a quiet little spot. I could see on the screens that some guys from Magallanes did the whole thing with "my" flag, as you mentioned before. I don't think the Metallica guys actually took the flag, but it was a nice effort nevertheless.

Now, what's with the whole good-vibe, 'Metallica family' thing they got going on? Is it from AA or something?
Nope, I got that pic from a crew guy... I'm back at HQ holding down the fort. Of course if I was there I'd make an effort to say howdy...

I did hear reports that it was the best and rowdiest crowd of the tour so far, in fact I guess at some point they brought down part of the barricade?

I would hesitate to speculate on the origins of the family stuff, though your theory would fit the time frame from when he started doing that during shows. They really do place family in high regard and liken their fans (especially Metallica club members) to family all the time.

If that flag makes it back to the States I'll do my best to get it up on display.

:thumb:

Larry B.

#325 Post by Larry B. » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:27 am

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
You were here!? You fffff... I would've liked to hang out for a couple of minutes or maybe throw some underwear at you! :lol:

I was waaaaaay back, in a quiet little spot. I could see on the screens that some guys from Magallanes did the whole thing with "my" flag, as you mentioned before. I don't think the Metallica guys actually took the flag, but it was a nice effort nevertheless.

Now, what's with the whole good-vibe, 'Metallica family' thing they got going on? Is it from AA or something?
Nope, I got that pic from a crew guy... I'm back at HQ holding down the fort. Of course if I was there I'd make an effort to say howdy...

I did hear reports that it was the best and rowdiest crowd of the tour so far, in fact I guess at some point they brought down part of the barricade?

I would hesitate to speculate on the origins of the family stuff, though your theory would fit the time frame from when he started doing that during shows. They really do place family in high regard and liken their fans (especially Metallica club members) to family all the time.

If that flag makes it back to the States I'll do my best to get it up on display.

:thumb:
Oh, that's really cool. Chile is usually a very, very good crowd. Very active and loud without resorting to violence or anything. And since bands/producers started selling VIP Floor tickets, the people behind the barricade usually try to jump their way to the VIP floor or just do anything to be closer to the stage. If people brought down part of the barricade, I didn't see it. A couple of years ago at a Faith No More show, I was closer to the divide and after some people started jumping the barriers, security decided to MAZE us. It was quite scary, a bunch of people (myself and my 17 year old sister included) rushed back, trying to run away from the cloud of tear gas. And in Santiago the use of tear gas is widespread, so I'm even a bit used to it... but this was really strong.

Keep up the great work. I expected a show where the band does everything they can to please their audience, and they sure did. I liked the way James wasn't afraid to make jokes about their songs and themselves. It was quite funny. "Poor Fuel [as it was losing the vote]... but I understand, it's just too heavy..."

Artemis

#326 Post by Artemis » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 am

Got tickets for Peter Murphy in June. Sucks the show is on a Monday though..

nausearockpig

#327 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Alex Lloyd in April, Gossling in May. Awesome!

Xizen47

#328 Post by Xizen47 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Tonight-QOTSA in Reno :rockon:

Xizen47

#329 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:01 am

bump...

Arcade Fire/Devo
Portugal the Man
Jack White
Nin/Soundgarden
Swans
Avett Bros.
The Kills

and playing San Diego

Going to be a busy 2 months :rockon:

Artemis

#330 Post by Artemis » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:23 am

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds this Thursday 7/31
Kate Bush - Sept 24

Pandemonium

#331 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Seeing Arcade Fire this Friday at the LA Forum. Hadn't planned on catching this tour (not too fond of the last album) but I haven't seen a single show so far this year so when a few more GA Floors became available a couple weeks ago, I bit. Bummed to discover Devo won't be opening for the SoCal dates though.

blackula

#332 Post by blackula » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:13 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Seeing Arcade Fire this Friday at the LA Forum. Hadn't planned on catching this tour (not too fond of the last album) but I haven't seen a single show so far this year so when a few more GA Floors became available a couple weeks ago, I bit. Bummed to discover Devo won't be opening for the SoCal dates though.
So, all my wife's friends decided to have babies recently and my Christmas gift of 2 overpriced Arcade Fire tickets for 8/23 for her and a freind is looking more like her and me. I'm not a fan at all, no disrespect, just not my cup of tea. Anyway, is Devo the opener for this tour? That'll soften the blow a little. I can't find shit anywhere in regards to who is opening.

Artemis

#333 Post by Artemis » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:21 pm

blackula wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Seeing Arcade Fire this Friday at the LA Forum. Hadn't planned on catching this tour (not too fond of the last album) but I haven't seen a single show so far this year so when a few more GA Floors became available a couple weeks ago, I bit. Bummed to discover Devo won't be opening for the SoCal dates though.
So, all my wife's friends decided to have babies recently and my Christmas gift of 2 overpriced Arcade Fire tickets for 8/23 for her and a freind is looking more like her and me. I'm not a fan at all, no disrespect, just not my cup of tea. Anyway, is Devo the opener for this tour? That'll soften the blow a little. I can't find shit anywhere in regards to who is opening.
The show may be better than you think. They've had a lot of surprise guests lately and the revues have been really excellent. I hope you are pleasantly surprised. Believe me, I know what it's like to sit through a concert you have zero interest in seeing. :lol:

blackula

#334 Post by blackula » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Artemis wrote:
blackula wrote:
The show may be better than you think. They've had a lot of surprise guests lately and the revues have been really excellent. I hope you are pleasantly surprised. Believe me, I know what it's like to sit through a concert you have zero interest in seeing. :lol:
Right on, I hope I'm pleasantly surprised too! At least Off! is playing the night before with Dale Crover of the Melvins filling in on drums. I'm super excited for that. If I end up digging the Arcade Fire show that'll be icing on my weekend cake.

Xizen47

#335 Post by Xizen47 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:21 am

blackula wrote:I'm not a fan at all, no disrespect, just not my cup of tea.
It was the same for me too, until I saw their live show. Haven't missed them once in the last 9 years. You'll enjoy it :wave:

Larry B.

#336 Post by Larry B. » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:46 am

On December 6 I'll be attending the Rockout Fest, headlined by Fantômas, Primus and Devo. I'm not incredibly excited by it, but should be fun enough.

nausearockpig

#337 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:13 am

Larry B. wrote:On December 6 I'll be attending the Rockout Fest, headlined by Fantômas, Primus and Devo. I'm not incredibly excited by it, but should be fun enough.
Fondle Mike Patton during the fantômas set!

Larry B.

#338 Post by Larry B. » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:32 am

nausearockpig wrote:
Larry B. wrote:On December 6 I'll be attending the Rockout Fest, headlined by Fantômas, Primus and Devo. I'm not incredibly excited by it, but should be fun enough.
Fondle Mike Patton during the fantômas set!
I'll make you proud.

Matz

#339 Post by Matz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:44 am

I'd be excited as hell if I could catch Primus live, one of the last great ones that haven't done anything silly to fuck up their rep....they're a bunch of beasts all of em still. I want you front and center Larry!

Artemis

#340 Post by Artemis » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:53 am

Just booked tickets for St Vincent for March 2015. :rockon:

blackula

#341 Post by blackula » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Matz wrote:I'd be excited as hell if I could catch Primus live, one of the last great ones that haven't done anything silly to fuck up their rep....they're a bunch of beasts all of em still. I want you front and center Larry!
I haven't seen Primus in 15 years. They were always awesome though when I did see them. I think whole thing they're doing with the new album is pretty cool, covering the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory soundtrack and having 5 golden tickets in the albums. The 5 people who get the golden ticket get free Primus concerts for life

kv

#342 Post by kv » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:10 pm

primus sucks

Larry B.

#343 Post by Larry B. » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Apparently, Fantômas will be playing The Director's cut in its entirety, which would be awesome.

Melvins, Blind Melon and Thurston Moore Band were added to the lineup.

Larry B.

#344 Post by Larry B. » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:00 am

This Saturday:

creep
Site Admin

#345 Post by creep » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:05 am

sort of a strange lineup. are you going to stay and watch primus? that last band playing must be from chile.