Live shows in your agenda?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Hype

Re: Live shows in your agenda?

#101 Post by Hype » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Jasper wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:I may be going to see Megadeath and Motorhead, with Lacuna Coil. :confused:
I don't know what a Lacuna Coil is. Motorhead will probably be fun. I saw Megadeth (there's no second "a") in what must have been 1989. It was with Testament and Judas Priest. I went with other people - the ticket was free. :noclue:
I don't know how to spell metal-band names. I'm pretty sure there's an umlaut somewhere in Motorhead, too. Lacuna Coil are some sort of goth band. I don't have a clue why they are on the bill. I'm invited to the show but I don't have a ticket. Haven't decided whether it's worth it or not.

Easton

#102 Post by Easton » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:06 am

Six7Six7 wrote:Also, pay whatever it costs to see Prince.

I have gone 3 times and every single one ranks among the best shows I have ever seen. His band is 100% professionals who can BRING IT
A few months ago I had the chance to see Prince play one of his famous unannounced gigs here in The Netherlands. Didn't go. Still regret it :cona:

The Electric Six gig was great though. Like you said, it was one big dance party!

Bandit72

#103 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:10 am

Easton wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Also, pay whatever it costs to see Prince.

I have gone 3 times and every single one ranks among the best shows I have ever seen. His band is 100% professionals who can BRING IT
A few months ago I had the chance to see Prince play one of his famous unannounced gigs here in The Netherlands. Didn't go. Still regret it :cona:

The Electric Six gig was great though. Like you said, it was one big dance party!
I saw him once in 1990. He was very good, but still not worth the £18.50 ticket price TWENTY ONE years ago.

MYXYLPLYX

#104 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:19 pm

It's been an exhausting run but finally got a short day and some time to waste on the ol' internets...

Last night's highlight

Glen looks like Sam Kinnison to me... :lol:

Rob Halford, still metal after all these years.

One of my personal favorites from the run. :rockon:

For the super geeks - all the living original members on stage together performing the first song ever recorded under the band's name.

Tomorrow, back to work at the studio... :yeay:

nausearockpig

#105 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:07 pm

I'm seeing Regurgitator on New Year's Eve. Fuckin stoked about that!!

The Corner Hotel in Melbourne. Come on down if yr in town.

Juana

#106 Post by Juana » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Grupo Fanstasma on NYE
Wu Tang two weeks later
Dropkick Murphys in Feb

Larry B.

#107 Post by Larry B. » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:49 pm

In 15 minutes I'm leaving to see The Wall. First time performed in a stadium, I think. That's what the newspapers say anyway.

I'm pretty much moisting all over the place.

See ya :wiggle: :wiggle:

PS: yeah yeah yeah, I know moisting doesn't really exist, but it sounds awesome.

Larry B.

#108 Post by Larry B. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:20 am

Absolutely world-class. The sound lacked a little on the low-end, I'm very used to not only listening to the music but also feeling it on my chest, which wasn't the case last night. But there were many signs of a totally world-class act, elegant and full of class: dynamics, outstanding visuals, the sound that surrounds the crowd (you could hear the helicopters and airplanes flying around you, it was amazing... sort of a 3D sound).

The visuals during the opening were jaw-dropping... and I burst into tears in the first lines of Another Brick in the Wall (Part 1). That moment was overwhelming, for musical, historic and personal reasons: 'Daddy's flown... across the ocean... leaving just a memory...'

What ruined it a little for me: the crowd. For every 10 people, 3 were obnoxious assholes. This guy standing next to me was smoking pot and he was going 'woooow dude, I have no idea what's going on... I'm soooo wasted...' during Mother and several other songs. Felt like punching him at points, but I just took deep breaths and kinda blocked him for a great portion of the show.

I'm just very glad the universe gave me the opportunity of seeing this spectacle. World-fucking-class.

Warped

#109 Post by Warped » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:39 am

Happy for you :thumb: i read so much superb reviews of that show...i am seriously jealous.

Matz

#110 Post by Matz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:11 am

even with no David Gilmour there it must have been pretty cool. He actually played 50 km from where I live last year and I was dumb enough not to go for some reason

JOEinPHX

#111 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:54 am

i currently have tickets for:

Rich Robinson
The Pretty Reckless
The Naked and Famous
Eddie Vedder
Dead Letter Circus
M83

and i might see:

Henry Rollins
The Dreaming
Andrew WK
Candlebox

if I can fit them into my busy schedule of nothing.

Artemis

#112 Post by Artemis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:56 am

I don't have anything booked at the moment.

perkana

#113 Post by perkana » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:11 am

This month I have Arctic Monkeys (28th), maybe I'll get some tickets for a music festival but I'm broke at the moment.
I wanted to see Pulp too, hopefully I'll get some free tickets but I think I won't see them :sad:
And Radiohead in April...
I just realized I need to see other bands

Pandemonium

#114 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:52 am

Larry B. wrote:Absolutely world-class. The sound lacked a little on the low-end, I'm very used to not only listening to the music but also feeling it on my chest, which wasn't the case last night. But there were many signs of a totally world-class act, elegant and full of class: dynamics, outstanding visuals, the sound that surrounds the crowd (you could hear the helicopters and airplanes flying around you, it was amazing... sort of a 3D sound).

The visuals during the opening were jaw-dropping... and I burst into tears in the first lines of Another Brick in the Wall (Part 1). That moment was overwhelming, for musical, historic and personal reasons: 'Daddy's flown... across the ocean... leaving just a memory...'

What ruined it a little for me: the crowd. For every 10 people, 3 were obnoxious assholes. This guy standing next to me was smoking pot and he was going 'woooow dude, I have no idea what's going on... I'm soooo wasted...' during Mother and several other songs. Felt like punching him at points, but I just took deep breaths and kinda blocked him for a great portion of the show.

I'm just very glad the universe gave me the opportunity of seeing this spectacle. World-fucking-class.
Did Waters do any rants before "Run Like Hell?" Listening to several bootlegs and the official live recording of the original Wall tour, Waters says some great stuff either about the floating pig or about the "weak" people in the audience.

farrellgirl99

#115 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:11 am

I only have tickets for Mindless Self Indulgence next week.

I hate not having shows lined up, but no one I like is touring right now.

Larry B.

#116 Post by Larry B. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Larry B. wrote:Absolutely world-class. The sound lacked a little on the low-end, I'm very used to not only listening to the music but also feeling it on my chest, which wasn't the case last night. But there were many signs of a totally world-class act, elegant and full of class: dynamics, outstanding visuals, the sound that surrounds the crowd (you could hear the helicopters and airplanes flying around you, it was amazing... sort of a 3D sound).

Did Waters do any rants before "Run Like Hell?" Listening to several bootlegs and the official live recording of the original Wall tour, Waters says some great stuff either about the floating pig or about the "weak" people in the audience.
Not really... he asked if there were any paranoids in the audience and then said something like "then you better start running! this song is for you, it's called Run Like Hell".

Oh, and at one point (near the end of the show) the inflatable pig/boar landed right where I was standing... many of us were like tapping the pig, and then it started floating again, and some asshole ripped its leg... finally, I'm not sure if the audience ended up destroying the pig or if the production simply deflated it. What I do know is that I was fucking pissed, but I thought "maybe the idea was the we should actually destroy the pig..." But I have no fucking idea, so I'm still pissed and embarrassed. I felt like I was surrounded by monkeys or something. We have the pleasure of witnessing this thing, the pleasure of being the ones who get to play and interact with this zeppelin and we fucking destroy it? :no: :no: :no:

Anyway, the next shows in my agenda are classical music throughout the year (I bought season tickets): classic composers from Spain and Russia, Brahms, Ravel, Beethoven, Dvôrak, amongst other (for a total of 10 concerts.)

nausearockpig

#117 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Radiohead. November.

creep
Site Admin

#118 Post by creep » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:58 pm

nausearockpig wrote:Radiohead. November.
you do know it's only march right?

nausearockpig

#119 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:06 pm

creep wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:Radiohead. November.
you do know it's only march right?
lol yeah. just. I'm vague-ing in and out a lot these days..

Hopefully I'll get to see Regurgitator again soon.. missed out on Big Day Out shows....

JOEinPHX

#120 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:07 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:I only have tickets for Mindless Self Indulgence next week.
is that one of the Morningwood farewell shows?

Warped

#121 Post by Warped » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:56 am

Larry B. wrote: Anyway, the next shows in my agenda are classical music throughout the year (I bought season tickets): classic composers from Spain and Russia, Brahms, Ravel, Beethoven, Dvôrak, amongst other (for a total of 10 concerts.)
Cool. I like that. :thumb:

Well, only one show booked, next saturday, Joe Bonamassa.

JOEinPHX

#122 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:02 am

Edit, now have tickets for the band Chairlift as well.

SR

#123 Post by SR » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Springsteen and the Chilis.....I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on Earth, Wind & Fire as well.

Artemis

#124 Post by Artemis » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:20 am

SR wrote: I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on Earth, Wind & Fire as well.
I saw EWF a couple of times in the 90s - totally worth it!

Unfortunately they don't wear those flamboyant outfits anymore.

SR

#125 Post by SR » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:50 am

Artemis wrote:
SR wrote: I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on Earth, Wind & Fire as well.
I saw EWF a couple of times in the 90s - totally worth it!

Unfortunately they don't wear those flamboyant outfits anymore.
Love this band.....good vibrations.