Ipod on random or whole CD

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
kv

Re: Ipod on random or whole CD

#21 Post by kv » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:19 am

creep wrote:
crater wrote:What I want to know is how in the hell are people still listening to the Howard Stern show, as it's been complete garbage for at least 2 years now.
it's missing a lot without artie but i still love it.

by the way artie has a new show starting on sirius. i think it's bullshit that they didn't hire him back.
ditto and ditto

crater

#22 Post by crater » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:45 am

creep wrote:
crater wrote:What I want to know is how in the hell are people still listening to the Howard Stern show, as it's been complete garbage for at least 2 years now.
it's missing a lot without artie but i still love it.

by the way artie has a new show starting on sirius. i think it's bullshit that they didn't hire him back.
I canceled my Sirius sub in large part due to Artie. I got tired of the Artie drug talk every day when he did bother to show up and didn't find him nodding out during the show when he was there funny either. The hypocrite Hamptons Howie talking about his horse faced wife and her bogus NSAL charity bugged me too. I've got a lot of other complaints, but these were the major reasons I canceled in Dec. of 2008.

I've listened to a handful of shows since Artie hasn't been there and was very bored and hearing Robin chime in with her uninformed opinions every 15 seconds was unbearable to me.

I hate Nick Dipaolo. He's a right wing piece of shit with an annoying accent/voice and having both him and Artie host a sports show when both of their sports knowledge is very limited, isn't something I ever want to listen to.

O&A blow. I was forced to listen to them years ago when I had to carpool with a former co-worker.

Pandemonium

#23 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:46 pm

crater wrote:I canceled my Sirius sub in large part due to Artie. I got tired of the Artie drug talk every day when he did bother to show up and didn't find him nodding out during the show when he was there funny either. The hypocrite Hamptons Howie talking about his horse faced wife and her bogus NSAL charity bugged me too. I've got a lot of other complaints, but these were the major reasons I canceled in Dec. of 2008.
I used to be a huge fan of Sterns show back in the early 90's especially when Billy West was part of the crew. His Channel 9 show was funny as hell. Around the Private Parts movie and the two books is when I peaked and quickly started losing interest. Once Howard got divorced, whatever edge his show may of had just disappeared and when he married the bimbo, it was worse than Perry and Etty with the rich couple phoniness thing. I think I may have listen to more than half an hour's worth of his show about a dozen times in the last decade. The only complete show I have from the last 10 years is the 9/11 broadcast.

I have about 20 90 minute cassette tapes of bits and pieces of the show from that era that I desperately need to digitally encode.

jptm

#24 Post by jptm » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:37 pm

the main reason i still love stern is because he's evolved into a terrific interviewer... there have been many.

i stopped listening in the 90's, too... then jumped back in again a year and a half ago and caught up; thanks to technology and archives. and the things i loved about him from the past has almost disappeared, but i realized that he was older and in a different place like all of us. and regardless, of how 'out of the loop' robin is, she still is the only one that can keep up with howard and his quick switching of subjects... fred, too--although he also sometimes misses out on prime times to throw in some sound bites...

but the thing is, is that he's got history---it's amazing what he's done with radio and the pushing of free speech. you listen to some of the stuff before he went to satellite and he KNEW he was letting people get away with going over the edge; yet he didn't care.

also, i really hope he gets the judge gig on america's got talent. i've never watched it in my life, but if he gets it, i'll watch just to see what happens....