Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Pandemonium

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

#41 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Speaking of Black Friday sales, about 5 years ago when I was visiting family in Atlanta for Thanksgiving week, my sister-in-law got a bug up her ass to go to a local CompUSA (now long gone) midnight sale on BF to get a deal on a monitor for her son for Christmas. No one wanted to go with her but for equal parts sheer stupidity and curiousness, I went with her. There was a disorganized "line" of about 200 people at 11pm (mostly Asians and whiteys) and when the doors opened at 12, it was a fucking stampede to get in. All semblance of civility went out the door and I had people shoving past me to grab a dvd or a hard drive off a shelf even though I was just kind of hanging back watching and making sure sis-in-law didn't get hurt or needed help carrying her purchase. Overall, that night ranked up there with some of the worst GA pit shows I've been in.

It was a eye opening experience and not in a good way.

creep
Site Admin

#42 Post by creep » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:56 pm

when i was in college i worked at montgomery ward. we had a couple hundred furby's. anyone remember those? as the doors opened i could not believe the stampede for those things.

Pandemonium

#43 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:12 pm

creep wrote:when i was in college i worked at montgomery ward. we had a couple hundred furby's. anyone remember those? as the doors opened i could not believe the stampede for those things.

Weren't those like Gremlins rip-offs?

Larry B.

#44 Post by Larry B. » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:04 pm

creep wrote:when i was in college i worked at montgomery ward. we had a couple hundred furby's. anyone remember those? as the doors opened i could not believe the stampede for those things.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My sister used to have one of those, like 10 years ago. I remember being a douche and 'overfeeding' him until it got sick or something. Pushing its tongue repeatedly was the funniest thing on Earth...

"woaaah-wooah-woooah"

and then it'd burp like a maniac while saying "noooo-gustaaa-wooah-woahhhh"

sinep

#45 Post by sinep » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:57 am

Warped

#46 Post by Warped » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:28 am

Larry B. wrote:
and then it'd burp like a maniac while saying "noooo-gustaaa-wooah-woahhhh"

:lolol: :lolol:

kv

#47 Post by kv » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Pandemonium wrote:

Weren't those like Gremlins rip-offs?

mogwai rip off