French anti-smoking posters

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
nausearockpig

Re: French anti-smoking posters

#41 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:45 am

there's no way your govt or mine will ever really want to stop people from drinking and smoking, there's just too much money involved, and not just tax..

Imagine for a minute what the global economy would be like if all of a sudden, all of the money that was involved directly and indirectly in the tobacco (& alcohol) industry, was suddenly removed. Logistics, crops, tyres on trucks used to move the cigs, fuel for the trucks, electricity for all the factories involved, public transport for the workers in all sections of the process... the list goes on....

Yeah, it ain't ever gonna stop...

Artemis

#42 Post by Artemis » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:29 am

Warped wrote: I was a longtime smoker but had my last one on Monday this week. :wave:
Hopefully i will finally get it done now.
Too old for smoking, too much responsibilty, not enough money.
Good for you, Warped! :thumb:

On average I save about $35-$50( €25 - €35) per week now that I'm not smoking.

creep
Site Admin

#43 Post by creep » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:54 pm

nausearockpig wrote:there's no way your govt or mine will ever really want to stop people from drinking and smoking, there's just too much money involved, and not just tax..

Imagine for a minute what the global economy would be like if all of a sudden, all of the money that was involved directly and indirectly in the tobacco (& alcohol) industry, was suddenly removed. Logistics, crops, tyres on trucks used to move the cigs, fuel for the trucks, electricity for all the factories involved, public transport for the workers in all sections of the process... the list goes on....

Yeah, it ain't ever gonna stop...

Kajicat

#44 Post by Kajicat » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Another thing that bothers me about smokers is how they feel it's okay to just flick their cigarette butts onto the ground when they're done with them. I've actually told people to pick that shit up and dispose of it properly before. They looked like they had just seen a ghost, it was hilarious...but I'm not sure if they actually picked it up or not as I just kept walking right past them.

Just because smokers have a dirty habit doesn't mean they get to just litter the remains of that habit wherever they please when they're done.
A city sidewalk with no cigarette butts would blow my fucking mind.

nausearockpig

#45 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Kajicat wrote:Another thing that bothers me about smokers is how they feel it's okay to just flick their cigarette butts onto the ground when they're done with them. I've actually told people to pick that shit up and dispose of it properly before. They looked like they had just seen a ghost, it was hilarious...but I'm not sure if they actually picked it up or not as I just kept walking right past them.

Just because smokers have a dirty habit doesn't mean they get to just litter the remains of that habit wherever they please when they're done.
A city sidewalk with no cigarette butts would blow my fucking mind.
Singapore has some pretty extreme laws about littering. I remember it being insanely clean.. in the main city areas anyway..

I like saying "hey! you dropped something!!" at someone who litters their butt... it's fun..

guysmiley

#46 Post by guysmiley » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:39 pm

You can actually get fine for it in Tokyo and many other cities here. In Tokyo, they can write a ticket before you even drop the butt. Lighting up on the street there is risky.