Faith No More - South American Tour

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Larry B.

Re: Faith No More - South American Tour

#26 Post by Larry B. » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:If they don't tour the midwest soon I'm going to ...get mad.
Ditto. Didn't they only do 2 shows in the US?

It was like San Fran and Philadelphia, and that was it.
9 shows in 2010, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Second_Coming_Tour

sinep

#27 Post by sinep » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:07 pm

i saw them at coachella.

they were pretty good.

lollapaloser

#28 Post by lollapaloser » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:59 pm

I went to the Philadelphia show, they kicked ass. Patton sang "Just a Man" climbing a rope ladder on the stage, part of it holding the mic in his teeth, as he needed his hands to climb.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm8qPECFIt8&NR=1[/youtube]

lollapaloser

#29 Post by lollapaloser » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Whatever.

MYXYLPLYX

#30 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:11 pm

Larry B. wrote:
And it seems like that setlist from Buenos Aires has an error: they didn't play Why Do You Bother?, but instead a "mystery song", as people have been calling it:

Is it a cover? a new song? some random shit?
In a recent interview Patton says it's an unreleased song from King for a Day. :tiphat:

Larry B.

#31 Post by Larry B. » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:33 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
And it seems like that setlist from Buenos Aires has an error: they didn't play Why Do You Bother?, but instead a "mystery song", as people have been calling it:

Is it a cover? a new song? some random shit?
In a recent interview Patton says it's an unreleased song from King for a Day. :tiphat:
Thank you :nod:

Any source and/or name of the song?

And Lollapalooser:

MYXYLPLYX

#32 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Sorry, it's a pain to do links from my phone, but it was from a web site metalsucks.com
:noclue:

Larry B.

#33 Post by Larry B. » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Thank you, following that info I got to this:

http://www.theprp.com/2011/11/10/news/m ... tery-song/

Apparently, a KFAD B-side. Thanks again :thumb: :rockon:

creep
Site Admin

#34 Post by creep » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Larry B. wrote:Thank you, following that info I got to this:

http://www.theprp.com/2011/11/10/news/m ... tery-song/

Apparently, a KFAD B-side. Thanks again :thumb: :rockon:
i read the patton interview linked in that story.

about new music:
Last question, which I know people keep asking, and we get the back and forth from Roddy and Billy Gould all the time. Do you think there will be new material, a new song, or possibly a new album from Faith No More sometime in the future?

Mike Patton: Well...There are no plans. That is all I can say. We have basically talked very little about it. I think that is because we are really just getting to know each other again. And we are getting to enjoy each other's company again. We are taking it, and appreciating it for what it is. We are not trying to look too far ahead. That is the honest truth.
about touring
I think everyone has been pleasantly surprised. The shows have been great. I've only gotten to see the clips here and there. But the response has been very positive from the fan community. Do you think you guys will play the states at all, again?

Mike Patton: Not sure, again. We are not getting back in that habitrail. We are not getting back on the circuit. Milking it too much is a real danger. You can only bleed the cow so many times.

lollapaloser

#35 Post by lollapaloser » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:54 am

Thanks Larry!

Hokahey
Site Admin

#36 Post by Hokahey » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Christ. They could do a real tour of the states one good time without it being "milking it."

JOEinPHX

#37 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:01 pm

hokahey wrote:Christ. They could do a real tour of the states one good time without it being "milking it."
Faith No More never ever did anything that could even moderately be considered selling out.

They could put out a fucking album full of pop songs called "we did it for the money" and it would STILL be more artistically inclined that 99% of what is out there.

They can do no wrong.

Larry B.

#38 Post by Larry B. » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:07 am

What a great fucking awesome show. The guys looked really nervous, though, due to Trey's presence. They fucked up here and there, but nothing major. Patton was giving directions all the time, showing with his hands that the chorus was here, or that Trey should get ready because the song was ending, etc.

For Star A.D. they brough a horns quartet, which worked perfectly...

And the best was Just a Man... they brough a choir, made up by approx. 20 people, which sang the choir part of the end. It was EPIC, I tells ya.

The stage was filled with floral arrangements and Patton, as always, had the audience in his hands. Speaking fluent Spanish, joking with the audience, calling John "Juanito" (he wasn't too thrilled), making very obscure local references, and basically saying "geez... we're here every year".

Surprisingly, they closed with Absolute Zero, a Japanese bonus track for KFAD. I don't think they've played that song live before. I also don't know if they've played Star A.D. before, but I'm guessing yes.

So, here's the setlist:

1. Get Out
2. Ricochet
3. Evidence
4. The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
5. Star A.D.
6. Cuckoo for Caca
7. Caralho Voador
8. Ugly In The Morning -> I sang my balls out in this one.
9. Digging the Grave -> Patton started the 2nd verse with the lyrics of the 1st, but then he made it work.
10. Take This Bottle -> BEAUTIFUL moment.
11. King for a Day
12. What a Day
13. The Last to Know
14. Just a Man

Encore:
15. (Unknown) -> they dedicated this to "Felipe Herrera". No idea who he is.
16. Caffeine
17. Ashes to Ashes
18. Absolute Zero

Larry B.

#39 Post by Larry B. » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:16 am

I'm not too sure about the quality of this video, because the computer I'm in is pure shit and you can't really watch videos, but perhaps it can give you an idea of Just a Man.

:rockon:

lollapaloser

#40 Post by lollapaloser » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey Larry,

Did Trey play the non KFAD songs in the encore?
Also, when I saw them in Philadelphia, Patton also started the 2nd verse of Digging the Grave with the 1st line from the 1st verse. Weird.

Thanks for the review/setlist.

Larry B.

#41 Post by Larry B. » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:31 pm

lollapaloser wrote:Hey Larry,

Did Trey play the non KFAD songs in the encore?
Also, when I saw them in Philadelphia, Patton also started the 2nd verse of Digging the Grave with the 1st line from the 1st verse. Weird.

Thanks for the review/setlist.
:wave:

If I recall correctly, Trey only came back for the last song, which he recorded originally.

Other than that, John joined FNM onstage probably right before Take This Bottle and performed with them until the last song.

pandarve666

#42 Post by pandarve666 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:58 am

Next to JA FNM was the real thing for me as a kind and still is. And as 67 already said: they still have tons of credibility, talent and guts.

It is really strange how little they tour in the US. Here in Europe you get to see them all the time when they tour. I live in Belgium, a very small country and I saw them at the Pukkelpop festival (15 minutes drive from my home) and at the Dour Festival (1 hour). Of course then Amsterdam and Germany are right next door, so if you want you can go see them there as well. as a 15 year old kid I also saw them twice.

At the Pukkelpop festival some roadie from another band jumped of the stage but he didn't make it to the crowd. Instead he landed with his head on the ground. It really scared the shit out of Mike Patton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--CYqTOn ... re=related

And I really want an Angel Dust tour WITH Jim Martin!!

blackula

#43 Post by blackula » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:02 am

From what I've read KFAD and Album of the year continued to sell in Europe as much as Angel Dust did and almost as much as the real thing. Here in the states they started to disapear with KFAD, MTV and radio pretty much ignored them. I remember reading something when they first reunited that they prefer to play overseas because of the loyalty. They didn't disapear, but after Easy was a big single for them they were nowhere near as big as they were.

CaseyContrarian

#44 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:56 pm

I can't fucking believe Trey played with Patton again. Shocking.