A very Weiland-y X-mas

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Tyler Durden

Re: A very Weiland-y X-mas

#76 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:30 pm

NYRexall wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:I stopped reading all of these posts. STP is a fake, phoney band; their music is GOOD on a superficial level. They are fashion over passion (style over substance). It's not like their are making timeless music with great lyrical content that truly resonates. Comparing them to the likes of Pearl Jam is like comparing INXS to U2.
INXS > U2
And no shit, I'll second this.

Get a fucking clue, Tyler. Shjeeez.
Wow, you people are beyond stupid. Seriously. I know that it's hip to hate U2 but c'mon.

NYRexall

#77 Post by NYRexall » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Two different bands. Both were 80's giants. Lost creativity, direction and ultimately their leader in the 90's. I think U2 were the better of the two when Hutchence died but their output ever since has just ruined them for me. I liked most of INXS's stuff up until he hung himself so maybe that's why I feel the way I do.

I don't hate U2. I just don't see any point in them making music anymore.

JOEinPHX

#78 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:I stopped reading all of these posts. STP is a fake, phoney band; their music is GOOD on a superficial level. They are fashion over passion (style over substance). It's not like their are making timeless music with great lyrical content that truly resonates. Comparing them to the likes of Pearl Jam is like comparing INXS to U2.
INXS > U2
Fuck off. :lolol:

Me > You
Yeah, and Foghat > Led Zeppelin :lol:
Led Zeppelin > Foghat

JOEinPHX

#79 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:08 pm

NYRexall wrote:
It's funny you say this because I was just driving down a long country road through a mountain the other day and listening to "Creep" and saying to myself "this is timeless music with great lyrical content that truly resonates in me."

A funny thing indeed. Still one of my favourite songs ever, I think.
Creep is the only song of STP's i truly hate.

For one simple reason.

Scott rhymes "Mouse" with "House"

That's it. Can't stand it.

JOEinPHX

#80 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:19 pm

NYRexall wrote:Although...INXS needs to be taken out behind the barn and shot, too. Hutchence died 15 years ago and his former bandmates are still trying to make meal ticket out of the band.

LET IT DIE.

Similarly, U2 hasn't made anything good in 15 years either.

Joe, you think Weiland's lyrics are boring and repetitive? Go listen to some of the tripe Bono has been singing about int he last ten years. Take a spoon with you so you can gag yourself with it when it starts getting bad (which doesn't take long, I'm afraid)
No. Bono has been terrible since like 2000.

Scott has the ability, he was just lazy on the self titled effort.

NYRexall

#81 Post by NYRexall » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
NYRexall wrote:
It's funny you say this because I was just driving down a long country road through a mountain the other day and listening to "Creep" and saying to myself "this is timeless music with great lyrical content that truly resonates in me."

For one simple reason.

God, you're so superficial.

What's he supposed to rhyme it with? "Guess I'm livin', I'm a louse?" Couch? Spouse? Grouch?

I don't see it as bad as the songs where he sings "I told you five or four times" or "Gotta find the reason why a woman ain't man..."

NYRexall

#82 Post by NYRexall » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
NYRexall wrote:Although...INXS needs to be taken out behind the barn and shot, too. Hutchence died 15 years ago and his former bandmates are still trying to make meal ticket out of the band.

LET IT DIE.

Similarly, U2 hasn't made anything good in 15 years either.

Joe, you think Weiland's lyrics are boring and repetitive? Go listen to some of the tripe Bono has been singing about int he last ten years. Take a spoon with you so you can gag yourself with it when it starts getting bad (which doesn't take long, I'm afraid)
No. Bono has been terrible since like 2000.

Scott has the ability, he was just lazy on the self titled effort.
Well he is braindead, after all.

JOEinPHX

#83 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:29 pm

NYRexall wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
NYRexall wrote:

For one simple reason.

God, you're so superficial.

What's he supposed to rhyme it with? "Guess I'm livin', I'm a louse?" Couch? Spouse? Grouch?

I don't see it as bad as the songs where he sings "I told you five or four times" or "Gotta find the reason why a woman ain't man..."
His drug lyrics are far more interesting than his normal lyrics just because they are so nonsensical.

and i don't care what other word he used. the whole line was bad.

It's like all those shitty nu metal bands in the late 90s/early 2000s who thought rhyming about the "pain" in their "brain" that was making them "insane" was clever and poetic.

NYRexall

#84 Post by NYRexall » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:10 am

I never had a problem with it.

He's feeling small to the world. Like a mouse. Under a house. Living but unknown to most.

Wasn't he like 23 when he wrote that? Cut him some slack and feel his pain.

JOEinPHX

#85 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:42 pm

what does being 23 have to do with it?

i was 13 or 14 when i heard it and hated it.

and i had no taste whatsoever back then. but i knew that line was crap.

NYRexall

#86 Post by NYRexall » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 am

You also liked the Panic Channel.

JUST KIDDING DON'T FREAK.

stop arguing and come back to computer blue already. we can trash Dave about his musical elitist bullshit and it'll be like old times.

JOEinPHX

#87 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:21 pm

There is no one there i have any interest in speaking to.

As i stated previously, I was keeping regular contact with Meaghan up until recently. I got along with her.

I also talk to Aleksa every single day via AIM, FB, or text message. Sometimes all 3 at once.

I hung out with Katie when I was in Washington DC and catch up with her at every Pearl Jam show that we both attend.

And I talk to you here.

That's fine. You were the only ones i liked.

creep
Site Admin

#88 Post by creep » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:There is no one there i have any interest in speaking to.

As i stated previously, I was keeping regular contact with Meaghan up until recently. I got along with her.

I also talk to Aleksa every single day via AIM, FB, or text message. Sometimes all 3 at once.

I hung out with Katie when I was in Washington DC and catch up with her at every Pearl Jam show that we both attend.

And I talk to you here.

i've watched six7 operate on the internet trying to pick up a girl. it was funny to watch. some young good looking girl skyped in to dark matter. there is a chat thing on the side of the screen when you watch/listen to dark matter live. all of a sudden six7 was chatting nonstop to this girl after not saying anything before. the next week i saw him write that the same girl was going to be logging on soon so obviously he was in touch with her that week offline.

so when are you guys meeting in person? :lol:

JOEinPHX

#89 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:39 pm

creep wrote:

And I talk to you here.

i've watched six7 operate on the internet trying to pick up a girl. it was funny to watch. some young good looking girl skyped in to dark matter. there is a chat thing on the side of the screen when you watch/listen to dark matter live. all of a sudden six7 was chatting nonstop to this girl after not saying anything before. the next week i saw him write that the same girl was going to be logging on soon so obviously he was in touch with her that week offline.

1. I was chatting plenty prior to that. It was the night they were having sound issues and we were all making fun of Frank. And we were also discussing the fact that Jessica's boyfriend was supposed to shit in her mouth. Remember? Actually, you probably don't.

2. i wasn't trying to pick her up. If i was, talking about Smashing Pumpkins and NIN concerts isn't the way to do it. Which is what we continued talking about later.

3. I talk to Krista pretty much every day. She's interesting. and it doesn't hurt that she's cute as fuck. :lol: What do you want me to do, talk to the dudes in the room? Talk to the old fat chicks? "Oh look at Joe, he's showing in interest in someone attractive with similar taste in music"....fuck... IMAGINE THAT :lol:

JOEinPHX

#90 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Also, there are 2 dudes in the Dark Matter chatroom that have sent her pictures of their dicks. Are you one of them? Because i think you should probably be concerned with those dudes and not someone like me asking her about her NINJA tour stories.

creep
Site Admin

#91 Post by creep » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:47 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

And I talk to you here.

1. I was chatting plenty prior to that. It was the night they were having sound issues and we were all making fun of Frank. And we were also discussing the fact that Jessica's boyfriend was supposed to shit in her mouth. Remember? Actually, you probably don't.

2. i wasn't trying to pick her up. If i was, talking about Smashing Pumpkins and NIN concerts isn't the way to do it. Which is what we continued talking about later.

3. I talk to Krista pretty much every day. She's interesting. and it doesn't hurt that she's cute as fuck. :lol: What do you want me to do, talk to the dudes in the room? Talk to the old fat chicks? "Oh look at Joe, he's showing in interest in someone attractive with similar taste in music"....fuck... IMAGINE THAT :lol:
:lolol: so in response #1 and #2 you say that i am wrong and you weren't trying to pick her up.

in #3 you say she is cute as fuck and you talk to her everyday.

obviously i was right and took notice that you were after her because you talk to her everyday.

no need to apologize. nice job. post naked pics of her to prove you guys hook up if you do.

ps..are you like 10yrs older than her? she looks young and i noticed that she said she lives with her parents. do we need to call the authorities on you?

creep
Site Admin

#92 Post by creep » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Also, there are 2 dudes in the Dark Matter chatroom that have sent her pictures of their dicks. Are you one of them? Because i think you should probably be concerned with those dudes and not someone like me asking her about her NINJA tour stories.
no... but if she wants one just let me know.

JOEinPHX

#93 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:32 pm

she's 22. it's perfectly legal for me to talk to her.

But it's not like it's romantic. We basically just bullshit about the same stuff we bullshit about in the DM room. We just don't wait for Wednesday to roll around to do it.

creep
Site Admin

#94 Post by creep » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:she's 22. it's perfectly legal for me to talk to her.

But it's not like it's romantic. We basically just bullshit about the same stuff we bullshit about in the DM room. We just don't wait for Wednesday to roll around to do it.
if you want it to get romantic you might want to try that dick thing.

JOEinPHX

#95 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm not a creep, creep.

I'm a fucking mouse living under house. Like Scott Weiland says in Creep, creep.

NYRexall

#96 Post by NYRexall » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:25 am

Think I'm going to have to check out this Dark Matter chat room sometime. Sounds fun.

NYRexall

#97 Post by NYRexall » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:26 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
You internet stud, you.

I had no idea they still had AIM, let alone people still used it :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#98 Post by creep » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:32 am

NYRexall wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
You internet stud, you.

i am guessing that aleksa isn't a fat 40 year old man. i'm also guessing that aleksa is probably an attractive girl. pretty weird that six7 seems to only connect with attractive women on the internet but of course it's only because they connect in some musical way. no way he would be trying to hook up with any of these girls.

JOEinPHX

#99 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:56 pm

creep wrote:
NYRexall wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
You internet stud, you.

i am guessing that aleksa isn't a fat 40 year old man. i'm also guessing that aleksa is probably an attractive girl. pretty weird that six7 seems to only connect with attractive women on the internet but of course it's only because they connect in some musical way. no way he would be trying to hook up with any of these girls.
1. 90% of my friends in the real world are females as well. and i haven't slept with most of them.

in fact...

2. i am not attracted to most of them.

but...

3. i keep my options open. If a someone has things in common with me personality wise we're probably going to be lifelong friends, because i am weird as fuck. If they are attractive that is just a bonus, because you never know what may happen in the future.

You guys are stupid if you DON'T talk to attractive girls you meet in places of shared interest.

creep
Site Admin

#100 Post by creep » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:18 pm

of course we do. i just found it funny that you were trying to justify it. if you were an attractive female i would pay much more attention to you and be much nicer.