Accident on zombie movie shoot

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Artemis

Accident on zombie movie shoot

#1 Post by Artemis » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:35 am

When I heard this news today I nearly peed myself. Not because people were hurt on the set, but the part when the news announcer said the the emergency responders had trouble figuring out who was actually injured because the people were in full zombie regalia. It's just the visual of it makes me laugh. It could be a scene within a scene of a movie. :lol:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/s ... to547.html

Zombie movie shoot accident leaves 16 hurt
Makeup adds complications

CBC News Posted: Oct 11, 2011 9:36 AM ET Last Updated: Oct 11, 2011 12:11 PM ET

A platform collapsed at this studio in west Toronto Thursday morning. (Susan Reid/CBC)
The collapse of a platform during a shoot for a zombie movie in west Toronto has injured 16 people, police say.

Ten of the sixteen were taken to hospital after falling from a platform while they were working on a scene from the film Resident Evil: Retribution at the Cinespace Film Studios at 777 Kipling Ave. north of the Queensway Thursday morning.

The incident occurred when the performers were moving between two platforms. The wheeled platform shifted suddenly, causing the people aboard it to fall about 1.5 metres, said Toronto police Const. Wendy Drummond.

The injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, she said. The injuries range from bruises to broken bones.

Emergency workers said their jobs were made more difficult by the fact that the injured were dressed like zombies, which made it hard to determine which injuries were real.

blackcoffee

Re: Accident on zombie movie shoot

#2 Post by blackcoffee » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:04 pm

I heard about this on NPR today while I was driving back to my hotel. The journalist had a lot of fun reporting this. I wonder what film it is as I'm a huge zombie film fan....

:thumb:

Artemis

Re: Accident on zombie movie shoot

#3 Post by Artemis » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:26 am

The movie is Resident Evil: Retribution.