What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
chaos

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4141 Post by chaos » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:43 am

I guess I am really more stressed than annoyed. My husband was in the emergency room last week for eight hours because he had severe pain in his abdomen. To make a long story short, he has a hernia. He has a surgical consult tomorrow. On the bright side, the pain has subsided so he is not expecting that he will need surgery.

I should publish an expose' of all that I witnessed in the ER. :lol:

mockbee

#4142 Post by mockbee » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:16 am

chaos wrote:I guess I am really more stressed than annoyed. My husband was in the emergency room last week for eight hours because he had severe pain in his abdomen. To make a long story short, he has a hernia. He has a surgical consult tomorrow. On the bright side, the pain has subsided so he is not expecting that he will need surgery.

I hope your husband gets better soon.

:bigrin:

(ps ERs suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. as you know. :wink: )

perkana

#4143 Post by perkana » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:10 pm

chaos wrote:I guess I am really more stressed than annoyed. My husband was in the emergency room last week for eight hours because he had severe pain in his abdomen. To make a long story short, he has a hernia. He has a surgical consult tomorrow. On the bright side, the pain has subsided so he is not expecting that he will need surgery.

My mom had a hernia surgery like 2 or 3 weeks ago. One of her intestines got strangled and she had an emergency surgery. She's fine now, but she confessed to us that she had not been feeling so well since last year. She would lie down and the pain would go away. Hope it's not the case with your husband.

chaos

#4144 Post by chaos » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:29 pm

:yikes:

I hope your mom is doing better now.

The CT didn't show anything and they didn't think this was the case for my husband (two surgeons saw him in the ER). He had his appendix removed 30 years ago, and there is scar tissue over where he has pain.

We don't know what to think. My husband met with his primary care doctor the day after his ER visit, and he did not think it was serious. The ER has called twice to follow up; the ER surgeon has called once; the office of the surgeon we are meeting with called to change the appointment from the 15th to tomorrow. The pain has decreased significantly so we are optimistic.

Pandemonium

#4145 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:23 pm

chaos wrote::yikes:

I hope your mom is doing better now.

The CT didn't show anything and they didn't think this was the case for my husband (two surgeons saw him in the ER). He had his appendix removed 30 years ago, and there is scar tissue over where he has pain.

We don't know what to think. My husband met with his primary care doctor the day after his ER visit, and he did not think it was serious. The ER has called twice to follow up; the ER surgeon has called once; the office of the surgeon we are meeting with called to change the appointment from the 15th to tomorrow. The pain has decreased significantly so we are optimistic.
I've posted probably way to much about my wife's experience(s) exactly a year ago where what should have been a fairly simple hernia operation which led to two major surgeries and almost losing her because of complications and fuckups with the first surgery. Her situation was quite different that either of yours, but I did learn a lot talking with surgeons etc while she was in the hospital and apparently one of the more common causes of these kind of problems is scar tissue from previous operations in the area of discomfort, especially hernia ops can really affect a patient's lower bowels over time, causing them to be pushed and compressed or kinked under the scar tissue causing obstructions which can be life-threatening. Upper and/or lower GI endoscopy should be done if it hasn't been already.

chaos

#4146 Post by chaos » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:44 pm

The surgical consult went well. My husband doesn't need surgery. Originally he was diagnosed with some sort of abdominal hernia, but they weren't sure because of the original imaging. It turns out it is a pulled muscle. :conf: He does, however, have a hiatal hernia in another area that he did not know (he doesn't feel anything; it showed up in the scan).

perkana

#4147 Post by perkana » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:08 am

16 pesos per dollar...highest currency exchange rate ever. Guess no books nor anything this trip :sad:

crater

#4148 Post by crater » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:59 am

This isn't just for today, but what's annoying me is

Racists, guns and racists with guns.

mockbee

!

#4149 Post by mockbee » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:23 pm

crater wrote:This isn't just for today, but what's annoying me is

Racists, guns and racists with guns.
You would like my mother-in-law then.

Got rid of 15+ guns when her husband passed last year, and she deleted an email (even from the 'deleted' folder!) she received from someone who was encouraging her to support a 'racist'.

Unfortunately, the e-mail in question was just from 'support@raceit.com' and was her registration email for the marathon she signed up for, but that didn't stop her from deleting it immediately without opening it...........

Support a racist?!?!? NEVER!

(kind of annoying that we have to figure out how to get her registration email back...... :lol: )

mockbee

#4150 Post by mockbee » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:44 pm

perkana wrote:16 pesos per dollar...highest currency exchange rate ever. Guess no books nor anything this trip :sad:

Whooo-hoooo!

Time to go to Mexico! :rockon:

Sorry for your troubles though..... :pat:

Where are you going?

perkana

#4151 Post by perkana » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:52 pm

mockbee wrote: Whooo-hoooo!

Time to go to Mexico! :rockon:

Sorry for your troubles though..... :pat:

Where are you going?
:lol: Yeah, you are lucky...
I'm going to D.C.

mockbee

#4152 Post by mockbee » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:52 am

In 9 years I have paid $5,328.00 in quarters (and counting) to the laundrymat.

Prices just went up again. So a weekly trip of wash/dry costs $16.00 now for three loads. (not counting detergent, crappy laundry baskets and future chiropractor consults :lol: )

Being "poor" (relying on services, not owning) is expensive! :mad:

Looks like a decent stackable W/D is $1,300. To bad no room for that.........and the super wouldn't allow that anyways.

Pandemonium

#4153 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:30 pm

mockbee wrote:In 9 years I have paid $5,328.00 in quarters (and counting) to the laundrymat.

Prices just went up again. So a weekly trip of wash/dry costs $16.00 now for three loads. (not counting detergent, crappy laundry baskets and future chiropractor consults :lol: )

Being "poor" (relying on services, not owning) is expensive! :mad:

Looks like a decent stackable W/D is $1,300. To bad no room for that.........and the super wouldn't allow that anyways.
Coin laundry was probably in the top 3 things I was glad to be done with when I moved into a large condo with my own washer/dryer and later when I bought my house.

creep
Site Admin

#4154 Post by creep » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:04 pm

i had this death stink coming from my truck. after an investigation i found a big dead bird in the back. i hit one last week but assumed he just flew off. i picked him up and maggots poured out. :jasper: :jasper: :jasper:

mockbee

#4155 Post by mockbee » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:05 pm

Having to make a deal with the strip club down the street.......

if it goes my way though, it will make my day...... :tiphat:

nausearockpig

#4156 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:41 pm

mockbee wrote:Having to make a deal with the strip club down the street.......

You can NOT write those words only and hold back on the details. Spill.

mockbee

#4157 Post by mockbee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:59 am

nausearockpig wrote:

Okay..........i'll just say it involves firemen, sirens, flashing lights and lots of water.

Hopefully they are okay with it.

Good enough?

:wink:

SR

#4158 Post by SR » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:51 am

Miami.....everyday. It is the worst.

Artemis

#4159 Post by Artemis » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:42 pm

SR wrote:Miami.....everyday. It is the worst.

Did you move there?? Seems like you've been there for a long time. When you fist mentioned Miami a little while ago, I assumed you were just there for vacation.

Matz

#4160 Post by Matz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:12 pm

you're not hittin' the right cluuuuuuuuuuuub, that's the problem....keep trying

(in my mind Miami is nothing but night clubs)

mockbee

#4161 Post by mockbee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Matz wrote:
you're not hittin' the right cluuuuuuuuuuuub, that's the problem....keep trying

(in my mind Miami is nothing but night clubs)

Naahhhhh..........

Think more like golden girls with a touch of the wire.

nausearockpig

#4162 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:28 pm

mockbee wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

Okay..........i'll just say it involves firemen, sirens, flashing lights and lots of water.

Good enough?

so it's a male strip club, they're buying a surplus firetruck from Fire Marshall Mockbee that they can use in their next All Male Revue and you've asked them to lower the volume on the siren at two am cos you're sleeping only a few doors down BUT they'll only do so if you agree to frequent the place so as to draw in the ladies, what with you being a hung hunk o' man.. Makes sense...

mockbee

#4163 Post by mockbee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:25 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
mockbee wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

Good enough?

so it's a male strip club, they're buying a surplus firetruck from Fire Marshall Mockbee that they can use in their next All Male Revue and you've asked them to lower the volume on the siren at two am cos you're sleeping only a few doors down BUT they'll only do so if you agree to frequent the place so as to draw in the ladies, what with you being a hung hunk o' man.. Makes sense...
I guess.... sort of like that.

Except, it's a girls strip club, they're not buying a firetruck, they don't have special Revue's, I live just far enough away to not hear their thumping music at night - outside I have to listen really closely to hear any bass - and there is no way I am going in that dump; with the trash strewn parking lot, disgusting old fat men wearing filthy sweat suits roaming about and those poor "girls", some of them pushing 50, with permanent cigarettes hanging out of their mouths.

I just have to have the owner sign an easement that says a firetruck can drive through their parking lot from a rear ally, seems easy enough on paper, but it means they give up the rights to develop that part of the lot. Maybe he is an idiot. Or maybe he doesn't own the building and has no say in the matter..... :noclue:

Artemis

#4164 Post by Artemis » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:39 pm

mockbee wrote:
with the trash strewn parking lot, disgusting old fat men wearing filthy sweat suits roaming about and those poor "girls", some of them pushing 50, with permanent cigarettes hanging out of their mouths.
Wow sounds like a sad and depressing place. The lap dances probably go for for $2.

nausearockpig

#4165 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:45 pm

I like mine wayyyyy better