What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
kv

Re: What's annoying you today?

#5261 Post by kv » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:56 pm

Artemis wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:49 pm
I think I sprained my thumb today. I can move it around but it is painful to bend at the knuckle.

Was shovelling snow at my mom's, then I tried to open a bag of salt without scissors by pushing my thumb through the thick plastic. I couldn't poke a hole through it and hurt my thumb instead. :dunce:

:thumb:

Larry B.

#5262 Post by Larry B. » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:07 am

I’ve spent like 3 weeks feeling really really annoyed, but I’m not sure at what.

Artemis

#5263 Post by Artemis » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:00 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:07 am
I’ve spent like 3 weeks feeling really really annoyed, but I’m not sure at what.
Could be a sign of depression. Consider what we've been through and are still going through with COVID- lock downs, isolation, curfews, etc.

I have highs and lows myself. Some days I am so pissed off for no reason too. Then I remind myself that I'm living and working in my apartment. I use public transit to go shopping and also look after my mother on my off days. Staying constantly vigilant about mask wearing wearing and hand washing, avoiding others where possible; there's no relaxing or letting one's guard down. I worry about the economy and jobs and money and wonder how long we will have to live like this. I see so many more homeless people now and drug addicts closer to my home, more than I used to. I won't go on, but this year has been pretty fucking depressing. To balance myself, i remind myself of the good things that have happened this year too.

clickie

#5264 Post by clickie » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:19 am

Yeah I start to panic when I see more and more stores and restaurants going out of business because of lockdowns

SR

#5265 Post by SR » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:14 am

Artemis wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:00 pm
Larry B. wrote:
Could be a sign of depression. Consider what we've been through and are still going through with COVID- lock downs, isolation, curfews, etc.

I have highs and lows myself. Some days I am so pissed off for no reason too. Then I remind myself that I'm living and working in my apartment. I use public transit to go shopping and also look after my mother on my off days. Staying constantly vigilant about mask wearing wearing and hand washing, avoiding others where possible; there's no relaxing or letting one's guard down. I worry about the economy and jobs and money and wonder how long we will have to live like this. I see so many more homeless people now and drug addicts closer to my home, more than I used to. I won't go on, but this year has been pretty fucking depressing. To balance myself, i remind myself of the good things that have happened this year too.
I didn't like reading this about you. I hope you both feel better...this coming from someone who has lived a life in all this and more

Larry B.

#5266 Post by Larry B. » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:17 am

Artemis wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

Yeah, I’ve asked myself if I feel depressed, which is a fair possibility. However, I think this is different (I spent many years depressed, so I imagine I’d be able to recognise the difference inside myself) and I wonder if it’s just burnout.

As you said, this year brought about all those new challenges... I worry about my health, my partner’s health, my income (I’m changing jobs and my new one doesn’t pay well yet... and I changed jobs partly because the industry of human translation is dying), the near future (we bought a flat), I still have one year left of studies in my university, and in general I feel like I haven’t had a break since March.

I tell myself I need a week off from everything, when I can just read and smoke weed and sleep without having to deal with anything else.

nausearockpig

#5267 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:25 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:17 am
Artemis wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

Yeah, I’ve asked myself if I feel depressed, which is a fair possibility. However, I think this is different (I spent many years depressed, so I imagine I’d be able to recognise the difference inside myself) and I wonder if it’s just burnout.

As you said, this year brought about all those new challenges... I worry about my health, my partner’s health, my income (I’m changing jobs and my new one doesn’t pay well yet... and I changed jobs partly because the industry of human translation is dying), the near future (we bought a flat), I still have one year left of studies in my university, and in general I feel like I haven’t had a break since March.

I tell myself I need a week off from everything, when I can just read and smoke weed and sleep without having to deal with anything else.

All the best mate. Keep your chin up. We love you!

Ehugs..

Artemis

#5268 Post by Artemis » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:34 pm

SR wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:14 am
Artemis wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

I didn't like reading this about you. I hope you both feel better...this coming from someone who has lived a life in all this and more
Thanks, SR.
I'm doing well, just sometimes when I get down I think about all the things that are wrong or could go wrong,basically I make myself more anxious. On top of that, I'm aware that my thinking is making me feel bad which makes me feel even worse. :lol:

I think what Larry said about burnout is probably right. I too need a little break to kick back and not worry about anything for a little while.

nausearockpig

#5269 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:40 pm

Artemis wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:34 pm
SR wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

Thanks, SR.
I'm doing well, just sometimes when I get down I think about all the things that are wrong or could go wrong,basically I make myself more anxious. On top of that, I'm aware that my thinking is making me feel bad which makes me feel even worse. :lol:

I think what Larry said about burnout is probably right. I too need a little break to kick back and not worry about anything for a little while.
Hey take care, ok?

Maybe if you can give yourself a little reward now and again, in whatever form that may take.

Artemis

#5270 Post by Artemis » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:09 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:40 pm
Artemis wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:34 pm
SR wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

Thanks, SR.

Hey take care, ok?

Maybe if you can give yourself a little reward now and again, in whatever form that may take.
Thanks, Nausea. That's a great idea!

Larry B.

#5271 Post by Larry B. » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:11 pm

Thank you, peeps.

I’ll be having some weed and a scotch tonight. Happy 2021 ❤️

mockbee

#5272 Post by mockbee » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:36 pm

Trump fuckheads .... :no:

And Capitol Police....how did they not see this coming.... :balls:

They close down DC for BLM but a sprinkling of police for this....? WTF
:bs:

Media loves it.... and created it...and created Trump. :noclue:

crater

#5273 Post by crater » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:38 pm

clickie

#5274 Post by clickie » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:38 pm

That was deep

mockbee

#5275 Post by mockbee » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:57 am

Encouraging random people's dogs in the bank. :hs:

Why? Just......why? :banghead:

chaos

#5276 Post by chaos » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:38 pm

Poor gas station etiquette (aka assholes at the gas station).

I pulled into a small, very busy gas station with two aisles and four pumps (2 pumps in each aisle). One aisle is occupied with two cars, so I pull into the next aisle which is closest to the front door of the store/station. This aisle closest to the door has room for two lanes - one for a car pumping gas, and the other for a car to drive around the lot. The pump in front of me is unoccupied since it has a yellow bag over it stating OUT OF SERVICE. Keep in mind, three or four car lengths directly in front of this pump are parking spaces.

So I pump/pay for my gas at the functioning unit, and get back in my car to leave. As I am doing so, a guy pulls up next to me, then ahead of me, and then appears to back into the area of the non-functioning pump. He ends up backing in halfway, parks, and gets out of his car to go into the store. As I start to pull around his car to leave, a woman zips in and parks NEXT to the car in front me, blocking the lane. She gets out of her car and goes into the store. A second later a guy drives into the station and pulls his truck up behind the woman's car. I expected the guy to honk his horn and/or yell since the lane is blocked, but no. He gets out of his car and goes into the store. WTF. I managed to back out. People can be suck jerks.

Although everything happened fast, the only reason I didn't say something to ANY of these people is because I couldn't tell if they were also crazy on top of being jerks. (There has been a lot of crazy out there lately. :scared: :lol: )

SR

#5277 Post by SR » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:01 pm

Lost my best friend. Met in '82 and bonded over a Pinto station wagon; he could drive in our sophomore year. We were soul mates and a bit of folie a deux. I was a huge fan of a particular Froosh solo and he called me from Texas backstage as Froosh commenced on it...he said hello and put the phone up; I enjoyed. I miss him

nausearockpig

#5278 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:06 pm

SR wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:01 pm
Lost my best friend. Met in '82 and bonded over a Pinto station wagon; he could drive in our sophomore year. We were soul mates and a bit of folie a deux. I was a huge fan of a particular Froosh solo and he called me from Texas backstage as Froosh commenced on it...he said hello and put the phone up; I enjoyed. I miss him
So sorry for your loss mate.

SR

#5279 Post by SR » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:27 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:06 pm
SR wrote:
So sorry for your loss mate.
thank you...still eat from the chopsticks :tiphat:

kv

#5280 Post by kv » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:18 pm

A toast to your pal :cheers:

SR

#5281 Post by SR » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:14 am

kv wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:18 pm
A toast to your pal :cheers:
thx. Not surprised you get it

Artemis

#5282 Post by Artemis » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:58 am

Sorry to hear about your friend,SR.

Larry B.

#5283 Post by Larry B. » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:59 am

Big hug for you, SR.

Mescal

#5284 Post by Mescal » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:56 pm

SR wrote:
Terrible to hear man!

So sorry :grouphug:

clickie

#5285 Post by clickie » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:06 am

SR wrote:
kind of funny you guys formed a friendship over a Pinto