What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
farrellgirl99

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4001 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Matz wrote:new Muse song sucks
It's not great but I like it. Oddly, it kind of reminds me of mid 90's Marilyn Manson. I just hope the new album is a *lot* better than the last one.
The lyrics are so terrible. I feel like they've just written the same song over and over on the past few albums, and each release is worse than the last.

After I listened to the new song, Plug In Baby came on. Sigh, they used to be so good.

SR

#4002 Post by SR » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:07 pm

It's 94 fuckin degrees here. I HATE the intense heat and my pool is too cold to get relief.....
fuck.JPG
fuck.JPG (151.72 KiB) Viewed 5968 times
It's mocking me. And it's 89 in the house. :banghead:

mockbee

#4003 Post by mockbee » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:13 pm

SR wrote:It's 94 fuckin degrees here. I HATE the intense heat and my pool is too cold to get relief.....
fuck.JPG

What't the temp?

Above 65 F????

JUMP IN!!!!!! :slap:

:cheers:

SR

#4004 Post by SR » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:16 pm

mockbee wrote:
SR wrote:It's 94 fuckin degrees here. I HATE the intense heat and my pool is too cold to get relief.....
fuck.JPG

What't the temp?

Above 65 F????

JUMP IN!!!!!! :slap:

:cheers:
Probably 59-60....bumped up from about 55 or so a few days ago. It would be a shock and take a long time to get used to if I did.

mockbee

#4005 Post by mockbee » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:17 pm

Yeah, I just looked it up.

NOt good to jump in below 70 F

Shocks the system

60 is really cold.

SR

#4006 Post by SR » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:22 pm

mockbee wrote:Yeah, I just looked it up.

NOt good to jump in below 70 F

Shocks the system

60 is really cold.
It's a curse and a blessing. there is no shade on the pool or house all day long. The bottom of the pool is black (or it was when I had it redone, but now a light grey). Still it heats to 78-80 every year starting in May or so. Perfect for the summer, but it also bakes the house. Total first world problems but I'm old. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#4007 Post by creep » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:29 pm

unless you live in southern california people don't understand that you can't really swim in the ocean. unfortunately the current brings the water from the north and it's cold as shit. people do swim in it but i never could. i couldn't believe how warm the water was on the east coast when i was there.....just like i'm sure the visitors to southern california can't believe how cold it is. i will take the 80 degree maui water temperature all day.

SR

#4008 Post by SR » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:37 pm

I can deal with the beaches here, but when you travel south.....say, Del Mar and such it's a good 5degrees warmer

mockbee

#4009 Post by mockbee » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:40 pm

SR wrote: It's a curse and a blessing. there is no shade on the pool or house all day long. The bottom of the pool is black (or it was when I had it redone, but now a light grey). Still it heats to 78-80 every year starting in May or so. Perfect for the summer, but it also bakes the house. Total first world problems but I'm old. :lol:
So get your blowup lounge out and float and splash. :noclue:

That's all I got. :lol:

Pandemonium

#4010 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:53 pm

fuck.JPG
Same here, but my son and the dog were bugging me to swim all day so we all just dove in when It got too hot this afternoon.

chaos

#4011 Post by chaos » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:05 pm

I was hit hard with some type of stomach flu on Tuesday night. I'm still recovering. I tried drinking Pedialyte for the first time yesterday. Dear God, that stuff is awful. Definitely not the thing to do if you are nauseous.

mockbee

#4012 Post by mockbee » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:13 pm

chaos wrote:I was hit hard with some type of stomach flu on Tuesday night. I'm still recovering. I tried drinking Pedialyte for the first time yesterday. Dear God, that stuff is awful. Definitely not the thing to do if you are nauseous.

Sorry you've been sick for a while, that sucks. :wavesad:

Hope you feel better soon!

SR

#4013 Post by SR » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:39 am

Pandemonium wrote:
fuck.JPG
Same here, but my son and the dog were bugging me to swim all day so we all just dove in when It got too hot this afternoon.
after all was said and done.....me too. :lol:

SR

#4014 Post by SR » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:40 am

mockbee wrote:
SR wrote: It's a curse and a blessing. there is no shade on the pool or house all day long. The bottom of the pool is black (or it was when I had it redone, but now a light grey). Still it heats to 78-80 every year starting in May or so. Perfect for the summer, but it also bakes the house. Total first world problems but I'm old. :lol:
So get your blowup lounge out and float and splash. :noclue:

That's all I got. :lol:
:thumb:

Sue

#4015 Post by Sue » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:19 am

fuck.JPG
Hahaha if you said that in person to any of us in the Northeast this winter I'm pretty sure someone (not I of course :bigrin: ) would kick your ass...I'm a snow lover but even I had had it with the bitter prolonged cold and constant snow and ice. I was cheering when we had a full day of pouring rain yesterday, finally washed away all but the biggest piles of snow. Melting snow floods are so bad they condemned two houses near my dad (eastern LI) because they had 4 feet of water flooding their basements due to the sudden melt. And the LI Sound was frozen a half mile out, the harbor near us was frozen straight across, haven't seen that since I was a kid in the 70s. Crazy.

This was our last storm, only a foot but we had a few doozies. My dog Sunny loved it!

Sue

#4016 Post by Sue » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:28 am

chaos wrote:I was hit hard with some type of stomach flu on Tuesday night. I'm still recovering. I tried drinking Pedialyte for the first time yesterday. Dear God, that stuff is awful. Definitely not the thing to do if you are nauseous.
Sorry you were sick, I had the stomach virus too, ended up in ER and there were three other people there throwing up into bags :jasper:
It's rampant. Room temperature sprite helped me, and saltines.

SR

#4017 Post by SR » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:36 am

Sue wrote:
fuck.JPG
Hahaha if you said that in person to any of us in the Northeast this winter I'm pretty sure someone (not I of course :bigrin: ) would kick your ass...I'm a snow lover but even I had had it with the bitter prolonged cold and constant snow and ice. I was cheering when we had a full day of pouring rain yesterday, finally washed away all but the biggest piles of snow. Melting snow floods are so bad they condemned two houses near my dad (eastern LI) because they had 4 feet of water flooding their basements due to the sudden melt. And the LI Sound was frozen a half mile out, the harbor near us was frozen straight across, haven't seen that since I was a kid in the 70s. Crazy.

This was our last storm, only a foot but we had a few doozies. My dog Sunny loved it!

good thing I said it online. I deal with cold better than I do heat. Love it at the beach or wherever there's relief, but it's just oppressive otherwise. Love your pup :love: :love:

Sue

#4018 Post by Sue » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:13 pm

SR wrote: Love your pup :love: :love:
That pic was used on the NBC4NY winter pets page :bigrin: edit: oh it's still there, first pic! http://www.nbcnewyork.com/contact-us/co ... 64051.html

Thank you, he is amazing...I'm obsessed with training him. He's a Border Collie, a rescue we got in July 2013 after we lost our other dog to old age (17) and he's almost 2. He learns and retains so much and so fast, it's incredible. I can say, "Sunny, get your bone and bring it here to me" and he will pick up his bone over the other 30 toys there and bring it when I ask once. He communicates like no other dog I've ever had, I can't believe he knows actual words--not just commands/voice tone. It's like having another person around.

He was just accepted to the Yale Canine Cognition Center, we take him (at our convenience) to New Haven and they take videos of experiments (non-invasive of course) showing how he reacts to different scenarios. They are looking to better understand dogs' emotions and cognitive/reasoning abilities. It's really interesting! Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out, or better yet, enroll your dog: http://doglab.yale.edu.

Whoops sorry...get me started on him and I get verbal diarrhea. :hide:

And I agree, I am half Finnish and 1/4 Norwegian and my Nordic blood haaaaates the heat...give me sunny, dry and 75 and I'm happy!

nausearockpig

#4019 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:21 pm

Sue wrote:
SR wrote: Love your pup :love: :love:
That pic was used on the NBC4NY winter pets page :bigrin: edit: oh it's still there, first pic! http://www.nbcnewyork.com/contact-us/co ... 64051.html

Thank you, he is amazing...I'm obsessed with training him. He's a Border Collie, a rescue we got in July 2013 after we lost our other dog to old age (17) and he's almost 2. He learns and retains so much and so fast, it's incredible. I can say, "Sunny, get your bone and bring it here to me" and he will pick up his bone over the other 30 toys there and bring it when I ask once. He communicates like no other dog I've ever had, I can't believe he knows actual words--not just commands/voice tone. It's like having another person around.

He was just accepted to the Yale Canine Cognition Center, we take him (at our convenience) to New Haven and they take videos of experiments (non-invasive of course) showing how he reacts to different scenarios. They are looking to better understand dogs' emotions and cognitive/reasoning abilities. It's really interesting! Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out, or better yet, enroll your dog: http://doglab.yale.edu.

Whoops sorry...get me started on him and I get verbal diarrhea. :hide:

And I agree, I am half Finnish and 1/4 Norwegian and my Nordic blood haaaaates the heat...give me sunny, dry and 75 and I'm happy!

Sounds like he's actually a little man in a dog-suit.....

Sue

#4020 Post by Sue » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:40 pm

nausearockpig wrote:Sounds like he's actually a little man in a dog-suit.....
:lolol: :lolol: yeah pretty much! :love: sweet as can be though...how can you not love a creature so loyal he never leaves your side? I call him Velcro dog :wiggle:

perkana

#4021 Post by perkana » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:29 pm

I'm impressed with that research. I used to have a chihuahua and he was very smart. I swear he understood words and knew how to read the time. He would look at the clock and if it was 5 o'clock, he would bark at me to take him out for a walk. He was definitely my boss :lol:

Larry B.

#4022 Post by Larry B. » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:18 am

I have 3 people in my apartment doing a thorough clean up. I'm sat at the computer sort of pretending to be working, but I have no work for today.

So as I'm typing this, they should be thinking I'm working.

SR

#4023 Post by SR » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:26 am

Great story. I think the golden retriever thread should now be renamed the golden retriever and sues border collie thread. If I remember correctly jasper posted a link that detailed the most intelligent dogs. BC's were #1

Pandemonium

#4024 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:36 am

perkana wrote:I'm impressed with that research. I used to have a chihuahua and he was very smart. I swear he understood words and knew how to read the time. He would look at the clock and if it was 5 o'clock, he would bark at me to take him out for a walk. He was definitely my boss :lol:
My Lab runs her (or really my) schedule almost to the minute. I do not need an alarm clock to get up anymore. 6:30am, starts bugging me or my wife (whoever is closest to the edge of the bed so she can lick their face or hand) to get up and do her breakfast. Unfortunately, she refuses to get our son up to do the job. 1pm, bugs me for a chew bone and maybe a walk... or a swim if it's hot. 5pm, gotta have dinner. 7pm right after world news, bugs me for a pig ear. 8pm, bugs my wife for her to take her bath so she can nap on the bathroom floor next to her while she soaks in the tub. She even adjusts for daylight savings time.

perkana

#4025 Post by perkana » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Dogs generally do that with me. I'm their bitch or rather I'm the one who reacts right away to their needs.
Pandemonium wrote:She even adjusts for daylight savings time.
Mine did too.