mockbee

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4201 Post by mockbee » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:15 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
mockbee wrote:No doubt!

Best job ever!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

....told you it only took five seconds. :lolol:
Last edited by mockbee on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nausearockpig

#4202 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:18 pm

whoa!

chaos

#4203 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Thanks MB and NRP.

Thanks for reminding me about the golden retriever thread in case I have to pull out all the stops. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#4204 Post by creep » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:42 pm

my trick to interviews is that i convince myself i really don't want the job. no pressure. i usually do pretty good if it's one on one but i have had a couple with cities/counties that were panel interviews. those freak me the fuck out and i never do well.

creep
Site Admin

#4205 Post by creep » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:21 pm

oh and the job i have now i interviewed with a guy that ate a sandwich during my interview. :noclue:

mockbee

#4206 Post by mockbee » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:23 pm

creep wrote:my trick to interviews is that i convince myself i really don't want the job. no pressure. i usually do pretty good if it's one on one but i have had a couple with cities/counties that were panel interviews. those freak me the fuck out and i never do well.

Panel interviews are really no good for me either. The one I did at san mateo county, I felt like I was mentally challenged, I couldn't form sentences, because the answers to each question have to be in a very specific order and have to cover certain points and a panel of 4 or 5 people are all sitting there with pencil in hand waiting to check the appropriate boxes. I did get a call back after they exhausted their first several candidates, luckily I had a job by then. I didn't want to work for the county.

nausearockpig

#4207 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:46 am

Tonight I cooked a Thai meal that I cooked last week. Last week it was delicious, tonight it was so bland and tasteless. Wtf.

perkana

#4208 Post by perkana » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Fuck you rain! I hadn't taken my car to the car wash in two or more months. Yesterday it didn't rain and today was a clear sunny day. Well, just 5 minutes ago there was a fucking rain. And it lasted just 5 minutes. Fuck you!
Chaos, good luck on your job interview :thumb:

Artemis

#4209 Post by Artemis » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Good luck, chaos!

I hate interviewing too. I have more of an introverted personality and I speak in a monotone, kind of like a female Steven Wright. For me, the big challenge is sounding enthusiastic and interested.

chaos

#4210 Post by chaos » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:11 pm

I'm a loser. I withdrew my application.

mockbee

#4211 Post by mockbee » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:32 pm

chaos wrote:I'm a loser. I withdrew my application.

It wasn't the right time/job then. :pat:

I don't know what your situation is, but when I was unemployed for a while, like for a year or two, whenever I finally got an interview it would freak me the fuck out, because it was usually for one I really, really wanted because that's all I wold apply for. There was a certain safe place I had a love/hate relationship, with not having work. I convinced myself that people got and had jobs because they were smart and capable. That couldn't be further from the truth........ :eyes: Anyways, I found what worked for me was applying for everything under the sun and going to every interview for practice and decide later (if actual offers came in) what I would do. That helped a lot to keep me from wigging out.

Anyways, enough of that crap.

ENJOY THE "DEBATE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May it be every bit as entertaining as hyped!
(and destroy Fox "News" in the process................... :wink: :hehe: )

guysmiley

#4212 Post by guysmiley » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:55 am

Total communication break down today at the airport. Lady told me terminal 8, she meant counter 8. I missed my flight. But, they were saints at getting me a flight tomorrow. Seriously good service here. If it was an American international provider, they would have told me to "go fuck myself". Now I have a longer flight to Tokyo to Chicago, then Portland. Hopefully I can sleep on the plane.

creep
Site Admin

#4213 Post by creep » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:19 am

guysmiley wrote:Total communication break down today at the airport. Lady told me terminal 8, she meant counter 8. I missed my flight. But, they were saints at getting me a flight tomorrow. Seriously good service here. If it was an American international provider, they would have told me to "go fuck myself". Now I have a longer flight to Tokyo to Chicago, then Portland. Hopefully I can sleep on the plane.
Visit or moving back?

guysmiley

#4214 Post by guysmiley » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:54 am

Just a visit. It'll be 4 years next month since I moved to Japan. Gonna feel like a foreigner the first day maybe. Going to see how things are touch base, re-connect. See if my plans to move back aren't a pipe dream. :mediate:

mockbee

#4215 Post by mockbee » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:09 am

guysmiley wrote:Just a visit. It'll be 4 years next month since I moved to Japan. Gonna feel like a foreigner the first day maybe. Going to see how things are touch base, re-connect. See if my plans to move back aren't a pipe dream. :mediate:
How long has it been since you've been back? 4 years?!

You will be surprised, things are very different in portland......it's pearl district smeared all over the place. :scared:

guysmiley

#4216 Post by guysmiley » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:06 am

mockbee wrote:
guysmiley wrote:Just a visit. It'll be 4 years next month since I moved to Japan. Gonna feel like a foreigner the first day maybe. Going to see how things are touch base, re-connect. See if my plans to move back aren't a pipe dream. :mediate:

You will be surprised, things are very different in portland......it's pearl district smeared all over the place. :scared:
It's always been that way. Yupie central. Most the places I hang around are on the East. Cheaper and less Yupies. Hipsters, but oh well. Yeah 4 years. More worried about people changing.

mockbee

#4217 Post by mockbee » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:28 am

guysmiley wrote:
mockbee wrote:

It's always been that way. Yupie central. Most the places I hang around are on the East. Cheaper and less Yupies. Hipsters, but oh well. Yeah 4 years. More worried about people changing.
well yeah, pearl started in late 90s - I remember in the early 90s when the whole area was kind of no go zone with the only reason to go for clubs like The City, but you will be surprised how much it has expanded, pushing past Quimby to Vaughn ("slabtown" now) Also North Portland and NE are completely gentrified. I am pretty familiar with hawthorne/belmont/woodstock/clinton but can't speak to their changes, but in my forays through there is major money being pushed about in unlikely places. Sellwood is apparently super hot.....I went to an open house of a 2BR place that finally sold for close to $400,000, but it was a tear down crack house........ go figure. :hs:

I would be interested in your impressions of people and/or places.

guysmiley

#4218 Post by guysmiley » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:03 pm

mockbee wrote:
guysmiley wrote:
mockbee wrote:

well yeah, pearl started in late 90s - I remember in the early 90s when the whole area was kind of no go zone with the only reason to go for clubs like The City, but you will be surprised how much it has expanded, pushing past Quimby to Vaughn ("slabtown" now) Also North Portland and NE are completely gentrified. I am pretty familiar with hawthorne/belmont/woodstock/clinton but can't speak to their changes, but in my forays through there is major money being pushed about in unlikely places. Sellwood is apparently super hot.....I went to an open house of a 2BR place that finally sold for close to $400,000, but it was a tear down crack house........ go figure. :hs:

I would be interested in your impressions of people and/or places.
I use to live in Sellwood. I loved it, but I was lucky I had a new cheap redone apartment. So yeah, woodstock and brooklyn were hangouts for me. Hawthorne is hipster central, but some good shops and theaters. Slabtown the venue? That place actually gets some cool groups. Mudhoney played there a few years ago. Real small place.

Some parts of North Portland are still unchanged. It was always a black neighborhood, and it hasn't totally changed, but yeah, I bet it is slowly being encroached in on. Some cool little dive bars, and cheap places to live up there. Use to have a practice space above a cannery off N Interstate.

mockbee

#4219 Post by mockbee » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:57 pm

FUCKING TICKET! FUCKING HOLD! FUCKING PHONE! FUCKING SWEAT! FUCKING CHEEK!!!!

IN THAT ORDER! :banghead:

Artemis

#4220 Post by Artemis » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:00 pm

FUCKING FUCK! SO MUCH FUCKING SWEARING, MOCKBEE! :essence: :lol:

What happened??

mockbee

#4221 Post by mockbee » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Well I got a rolling stop ticket about a month ago, checked on it about 2 weeks later, no bail amount issued yet, forgot about it, waited for mailing, mailing never showed up, realized I was delinquent, said oh shit!, was able to make payment online, I was trying to call to see if they realized I was late in payment, on hold for about 50 minutes, my speaker phone wasn't working so I held it to my FUCKING cheek for 50 minutes, then when one person ahead of me I got lazy and the phone hit my cheek and it hung up..................in a nutshell.
:mad:
:tiphat:

hoping mockbee doesn't have suspended license and going to jail....... :scared:

Artemis

#4222 Post by Artemis » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:07 pm

Oh man, that sucks! You probably had another 5 minutes to wait and you would have been up.

mockbee

#4223 Post by mockbee » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:14 pm

Okay!!

This really belongs in the what made your day section now!!

On a whim I used this landline phone at work (usually just used to let people in the front door) and called the traffic court on that line as well (started about 5 minutes after my mobile call, worried about exactly what happened, happening) anyways, just spoke to a lady and she said my payment was processed ON TIME! (even though I paid a week late) and I'm not delinquent!!!!! (really just meant I would have to pay an additional $300 or they would suspend my license) was noooot looking forward to that.

And she said if I go in this week I can petition for traffic school to get the point off my record, which I probably won't do, I am out of here in less than a year and I have a perfect record otherwise.

WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

creep
Site Admin

#4224 Post by creep » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:42 pm

the 47 year streak has ended. i have been called for jury duty. :jasper:

kv

#4225 Post by kv » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:55 pm

You can and should postpone it three times 90 days each because from now on you'll get em every six months...so spreading it out is key