What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Pandemonium

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4181 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:01 pm

kv wrote:Ya screw that...reg 6 buck burger is fine why screw it up...

What's annoying me today? Turning 45...half way to 90 (which I'll never make) my dad died at 55...so counting down from 10 left lol...fuck my life
Missed this yesterday, so happy belated BD dude. And really, the big milestone seems to be turning 40 (at least for me) ... and then 50... Now, birthdays are more like the hand ticking closer to midnight on the Doomsday Clock!

kv

#4182 Post by kv » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 pm

Ty ty

Ya I wasn't a fan of 38...the start of the "30 something" years.."fuck next year 39...then 40..37 was mid 30's but 38? Fuck"

I'll prob be the same for 48

Angry Canine

#4183 Post by Angry Canine » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:06 pm

I started trying to get people to ignore mine after 21. From then on there's nothing good about them. Just a number to make you feel old.

My parents at long last don't mention it anymore for the last few.

I think about it so little that I've had to do the math in my head to figure out how old I was a few times.

Pandemonium

#4184 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Angry Canine wrote:I started trying to get people to ignore mine after 21. From then on there's nothing good about them. Just a number to make you feel old.

My parents at long last don't mention it anymore for the last few.

I think about it so little that I've had to do the math in my head to figure out how old I was a few times.
Yea, a couple times last year I wrote "56" on forms I was filling out when I had just turned 55. Maybe it's some kind of subconscious thing like when a person sets their alarm clock a few minutes fast so when they wake up the next morning, it's a big deal to get that few extra minutes of sleep before getting up.

Woo-hoo, I got a free year! :dunce:

Jasper

#4185 Post by Jasper » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:48 am

It's been awfully hot these last couple of weeks. My skin felt like it was on fire yesterday in my house, and it's looking to be quite hot again today, and tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that . . .

Pandemonium

#4186 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:56 pm

Not a big fan, but as usual, I decided at the last minute this afternoon to try to go see Rush tonight for what may be their final show ever (definitely the last show of their tour). I almost landed a 12th row ticket but someone a bit quicker on the draw snagged it while I was going through the pay process on TM. To add salt to the wound, I had three different friends who were there texting me all evening how great the show was as it happening.

nausearockpig

#4187 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:16 am

Pandemonium wrote:Not a big fan, but as usual, I decided at the last minute this afternoon to try to go see Rush tonight for what may be their final show ever (definitely the last show of their tour). I almost landed a 12th row ticket but someone a bit quicker on the draw snagged it while I was going through the pay process on TM. To add salt to the wound, I had three different friends who were there texting me all evening how great the show was as it happening.
I saw a pic of Todd Newman & his kid in the 7th row... you coulda been hobnobbin' with friend of a celeb!

Artemis

#4188 Post by Artemis » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:35 am

Chronically late friends.

I was supposed to be picked up about 30 minutes ago by a couple of friends to go to a BBQ(in Hype's neck of the woods) and when I called just now, my friend said "Oh, we're running late, slow start, blah blah.blah." It annoys me because I don't drive and am dependent on them to drive me there and home tonight. I don't mind not driving but times like this I wish I did. Also, we talked on the phone last night and this morning and both times "Oh don't worry, we'll be there at 2 for sure." :eyes:

I should have known because nearly every time I go out with this couple they are late!

Hype

#4189 Post by Hype » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:48 pm

Artemis wrote:Chronically late friends.

I was supposed to be picked up about 30 minutes ago by a couple of friends to go to a BBQ(in Hype's neck of the woods) and when I called just now, my friend said "Oh, we're running late, slow start, blah blah.blah." It annoys me because I don't drive and am dependent on them to drive me there and home tonight. I don't mind not driving but times like this I wish I did. Also, we talked on the phone last night and this morning and both times "Oh don't worry, we'll be there at 2 for sure." :eyes:

I should have known because nearly every time I go out with this couple they are late!
I'd say you could use GO and Uber, but Uber out here is spotty even if it does exist, and the cabs are terrible.

kv

#4190 Post by kv » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:25 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Not a big fan, but as usual, I decided at the last minute this afternoon to try to go see Rush tonight for what may be their final show ever (definitely the last show of their tour). I almost landed a 12th row ticket but someone a bit quicker on the draw snagged it while I was going through the pay process on TM. To add salt to the wound, I had three different friends who were there texting me all evening how great the show was as it happening.
I saw a pic of Todd Newman & his kid in the 7th row... you coulda been hobnobbin' with friend of a celeb!
My brother in law was in town for that show has seen then a bunch said it was a great show

Artemis

#4191 Post by Artemis » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:08 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:

I'd say you could use GO and Uber, but Uber out here is spotty even if it does exist, and the cabs are terrible.
I finally got picked up at 3:15! The drive there was pretty good, about 30 minutes from my place to Houston Dr(do you know that street?)

What about that crazy storm,eh?? The sky was so menacing,looked like a tornado was coming.

Hype

#4192 Post by Hype » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:43 pm

Artemis wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:

I finally got picked up at 3:15! The drive there was pretty good, about 30 minutes from my place to Houston Dr(do you know that street?)

What about that crazy storm,eh?? The sky was so menacing,looked like a tornado was coming.
Nice. You could have dropped by my place for a coffee! I don't know that street (there are too many new areas in this town to know them all), but I know the area very well. It's a block (meaning major intersection) down from the ol' gas station I used to "work" at. :wink:
We got some pretty heavy rain... apparently there was a tornado up in Caledon. Luckily it didn't last and today was nice.

Artemis

#4193 Post by Artemis » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:32 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:

Nice. You could have dropped by my place for a coffee! I don't know that street (there are too many new areas in this town to know them all), but I know the area very well. It's a block (meaning major intersection) down from the ol' gas station I used to "work" at. :wink:
We got some pretty heavy rain... apparently there was a tornado up in Caledon. Luckily it didn't last and today was nice.
The town has really grown since my last visit there. I guess with the increased population it's got city status now.

Hype

#4194 Post by Hype » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 pm

It's still technically a town, even though it has over 100,000 people. But it also has managed to retain some of the old sleepy feel -- I think this is because it's not a university town, and won't be for a while (there's been talk of a satellite campus, but apparently that may have fallen through). A lot of things are improving rapidly though.

chaos

#4195 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:59 pm

I have an interview at the end of the week. I am happy I landed the interview, but I am stressed about it. I hate the dance: Why did you leave your last job? What is your strength/weakness blah blah blah what superhero do you want to be blah blah blah. I need to get a grip and get into my perky and pleasant persona. :lol:

nausearockpig

#4196 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:15 pm

chaos wrote:I have an interview at the end of the week. I am happy I landed the interview, but I am stressed about it. I hate the dance: Why did you leave your last job? What is your strength/weakness blah blah blah what superhero do you want to be blah blah blah. I need to get a grip and get into my perky and pleasant persona. :lol:
best wishes and e-hugs! good luck!

mockbee

#4197 Post by mockbee » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:00 pm

chaos wrote:I have an interview at the end of the week. I am happy I landed the interview, but I am stressed about it. I hate the dance: Why did you leave your last job? What is your strength/weakness blah blah blah what superhero do you want to be blah blah blah. I need to get a grip and get into my perky and pleasant persona. :lol:

How are you not "perky and pleasant"? :hs:
If there is any question to your credentials in that realm I would encourage you to include a link to here on your resume. Something like:

~Please visit http://aintnoright.org, and please note my diligent work on puppies, Golden Retreivers and all things cute. Thank you for your time.

:lol:

Good luck! :thumb:

Oh, and I have never landed a job because I answered those dumb questions correctly. I got my current position, which is by far my most favorite of the 10+ jobs I have had post college, by showing up to the interview. The interview lasted about 5 seconds and I was hired, I knew nothing about the guy and he knew nothing about me. :noclue:

nausearockpig

#4198 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:01 pm

mockbee wrote:Oh, and I have never landed a job because I answered those dumb questions correctly. I got my current position, which is by far my most favorite of the 10+ jobs I have had post college, by showing up to the interview. The interview lasted about 5 seconds and I was hired, I knew nothing about the guy and he knew nothing about me. :noclue:
Yeh but it doesn't' take much skill to work a street corner so you were a shoe-in!!!

mockbee

#4199 Post by mockbee » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:12 pm

No doubt!

Best job ever!

nausearockpig

#4200 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:13 pm

mockbee wrote:No doubt!

Best job ever!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

mockbee

#4201 Post by mockbee » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:15 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
mockbee wrote:No doubt!

Best job ever!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

....told you it only took five seconds. :lolol:
Last edited by mockbee on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nausearockpig

#4202 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:18 pm

whoa!

chaos

#4203 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Thanks MB and NRP.

Thanks for reminding me about the golden retriever thread in case I have to pull out all the stops. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#4204 Post by creep » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:42 pm

my trick to interviews is that i convince myself i really don't want the job. no pressure. i usually do pretty good if it's one on one but i have had a couple with cities/counties that were panel interviews. those freak me the fuck out and i never do well.

creep
Site Admin

#4205 Post by creep » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:21 pm

oh and the job i have now i interviewed with a guy that ate a sandwich during my interview. :noclue: