What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Pandemonium

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4781 Post by Pandemonium » Thu May 18, 2017 9:50 pm

So, we're closing in on a month with our new Labrador and it's been tough.

We quickly discovered she has not one, but two parasite infections - giardia which is somewhat common among puppies and trichomonas which is actually rare for dogs and proving hard to treat. She basically hasn't taken a solid crap (think chocolate pudding) since we brought her home and I've been throwing pills down her throat and giving her this white goop via syringe to try and beat it. Add to that she tries to eat her poop... and she's a night owl, up all night wanting to play and howls like a basset hound on helium to get attention. It's like having a new baby. My wife and I got more sleep with our newborn son 20 years ago.

wally

#4782 Post by wally » Mon May 22, 2017 12:40 pm

wally wrote:Nicky Hayden, an American motorcycle racer was critically injured today while riding his bicycle in Italy.
He has severe head and chest injuries and is now in a medically induced coma.
fuck, he's one of my favorite racers. Had an opportunity to meet him a couple times, really a genuinely nice guy.
get well soon Champ!
RIP :wavesad: :no:

Juana

#4783 Post by Juana » Mon May 22, 2017 10:45 pm

I'm probably going to have to put one of my dogs down, XRays showed a huge mass on either her spleen or liver and she is refusing to eat even steak. Ultrasound is scheduled for tomorrow but I'm scared she is not going to make it that long. This is the same dog that when I was sick was next to me always (physically with me) except my time on the table getting cut. Today sucks.

nausearockpig

#4784 Post by nausearockpig » Mon May 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Oh no man, that's the worst. I wish it weren't so. I offer you big e-hugs from my side of the world, and want you to remember that if it does come down to the worst, then your pup knows she was loved like no other.

Juana

#4785 Post by Juana » Mon May 22, 2017 11:10 pm

nausearockpig wrote:Oh no man, that's the worst. I wish it weren't so. I offer you big e-hugs from my side of the world, and want you to remember that if it does come down to the worst, then your pup knows she was loved like no other.
As do I she is about to be 8, but she is in bad shape. She is hurting and honestly if it's as bad as the vet says I will be having her put down in the next couple days. I don't want to attend it but I do not want her going out without me in the room next to her. I'm seriously heart broken right now.

nausearockpig

#4786 Post by nausearockpig » Mon May 22, 2017 11:23 pm

Juana wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:Oh no man, that's the worst. I wish it weren't so. I offer you big e-hugs from my side of the world, and want you to remember that if it does come down to the worst, then your pup knows she was loved like no other.
As do I she is about to be 8, but she is in bad shape. She is hurting and honestly if it's as bad as the vet says I will be having her put down in the next couple days. I don't want to attend it but I do not want her going out without me in the room next to her. I'm seriously heart broken right now.

We have had to put a few of our beloved cats to sleep over the past few years, and I've found it best to have a vet attend our place so they feel a bit more relaxed, rather than take them to the vet where they freak out and then get a needle.

I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope you will be OK soon. Try to think of the good times. I've found that helpful.

Juana

#4787 Post by Juana » Tue May 23, 2017 12:17 am

nausearockpig wrote:
Juana wrote:

We have had to put a few of our beloved cats to sleep over the past few years, and I've found it best to have a vet attend our place so they feel a bit more relaxed, rather than take them to the vet where they freak out and then get a needle.

I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope you will be OK soon. Try to think of the good times. I've found that helpful.
That is not the part that is breaking my heart, I feel as if she is clinging to life only for me. She is only responding to me, only eating if I hand feed her, and only doing her business if I carry her outside. She has shut down to everyone else and just sleeps otherwise. :(

nausearockpig

#4788 Post by nausearockpig » Tue May 23, 2017 12:34 am

Geez that's rough mate.

Squee

#4789 Post by Squee » Tue May 23, 2017 1:00 am

Juana- I am so sorry. :sad:

Panda- how is your pup a few days later? Have you tried feeding your pup plain canned pumpkin?(not the sweetened pie filling- make sure it is plain) It is supposed to help get things solid again. It helped when my pup had the runs. Also boiled chicken breast and rice is great when this is going on.
Good luck.

mockbee

#4790 Post by mockbee » Tue May 23, 2017 2:09 pm

So sorry to hear Juana.

I hope you can find some peace today and going forward.

:wavesad:

SR

#4791 Post by SR » Tue May 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Juana wrote:I'm probably going to have to put one of my dogs down, XRays showed a huge mass on either her spleen or liver and she is refusing to eat even steak. Ultrasound is scheduled for tomorrow but I'm scared she is not going to make it that long. This is the same dog that when I was sick was next to me always (physically with me) except my time on the table getting cut. Today sucks.
Missed this. The absolute worst. Got nothing...no advice...my first I was in the room with, my second, I couldn't; for various reasons I regret both. Though, this one just turned 12 last Wednesday, he's in fairly good shape for his breed.....I'll likely be with him. I am really sorry J.....know you're gonna spend every second alleviating every bit of pain you can for the lil gal while she's here. Once she's not, make sure you take care of yourself. I'm really fuckin sorry.

Let's bow our heads
And let the trumpets blow
Our girl is gone
God bless her little soul

wally

#4792 Post by wally » Tue May 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Juana wrote:I'm probably going to have to put one of my dogs down, XRays showed a huge mass on either her spleen or liver and she is refusing to eat even steak. Ultrasound is scheduled for tomorrow but I'm scared she is not going to make it that long. This is the same dog that when I was sick was next to me always (physically with me) except my time on the table getting cut. Today sucks.
ugh what a bummer. so sorry.

Larry B.

#4793 Post by Larry B. » Tue May 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Juana wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Juana wrote:

That is not the part that is breaking my heart, I feel as if she is clinging to life only for me. She is only responding to me, only eating if I hand feed her, and only doing her business if I carry her outside. She has shut down to everyone else and just sleeps otherwise. :(
So sorry to hear that, Juana.

I can only offer hugs and a bit of my experience, which was similar in that my dog (a 13 year old cocker spaniel) stopped eating and only drank water if I gave it to him from my hands. And he'd only pee if I took him outside on my arms. He had stopped walking too. I took this more like a plea, something akin to "I'm ready to go, buddy. And I trust you."

I was there with him when they put him to sleep and it was so strange, as I was "happy" (very loosely used) to be there for him and to make sure he wasn't scared or anything, and absolutely devastated that I wasn't going to see him anymore. And it took me a good 2-3 years, and mdma-inspired healing, to sort of fully come to terms with it.

It can't be easy. So I'm sorry you have to go through this.

chaos

#4794 Post by chaos » Tue May 23, 2017 5:51 pm

Thinking of you Juana. :sad: :gh:

Juana

#4795 Post by Juana » Tue May 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Thanks for the kind words all. Ultrasound happened only showed the one mass they're going to see if its just a blood mass and try to aspirate it tomorrow and if not do a minor op to biopsy it before trying to take the whole thing out if it is malignant she will only have 3 months anyway even taking it out. I got her to eat some chicken (had to hand feed her) so I'm trying to stay positive even though the odds are pretty much 95% I'm going to have to put her down.

SR

#4796 Post by SR » Tue May 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Here's to the 5%. Strength in the process.

Juana

#4797 Post by Juana » Tue May 23, 2017 6:36 pm

SR wrote:Here's to the 5%. Strength in the process.
Trying to stay even keeled on this so I do not get my hopes up and end up even sadder

Pandemonium

#4798 Post by Pandemonium » Wed May 24, 2017 4:58 pm

Juana wrote:
SR wrote:Here's to the 5%. Strength in the process.
Trying to stay even keeled on this so I do not get my hopes up and end up even sadder
Having been through similar circumstances with my previous two Labs over the past two decades, I can certainly empathize with what you are dealing with.

crater

#4799 Post by crater » Wed May 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Sorry to hear about your dog :sad:

Juana

#4800 Post by Juana » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:04 am

She passed yesterday after the surgery to remove the mass. I didn't get to see her prior to her passing, she was still warm by the time I got to the vet. She had 3 heart attacks trying to stay alive but it wasn't meant to be.

SR

#4801 Post by SR » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:26 am

Best to you and her other family. Take care of yourselves. :nod:

kv

#4802 Post by kv » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Juana wrote:She passed yesterday after the surgery to remove the mass. I didn't get to see her prior to her passing, she was still warm by the time I got to the vet. She had 3 heart attacks trying to stay alive but it wasn't meant to be.
Aw man...chin up

Artemis

#4803 Post by Artemis » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:33 pm

Sorry to hear about your dog, Juana. :gh:

nausearockpig

#4804 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Juana wrote:She passed yesterday after the surgery to remove the mass. I didn't get to see her prior to her passing, she was still warm by the time I got to the vet. She had 3 heart attacks trying to stay alive but it wasn't meant to be.
Oh fuck bro. Sorry for your loss.

Hugs from across the water. :wavesad:

Matz

#4805 Post by Matz » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:48 pm

sorry to hear that