What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
perkana

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4761 Post by perkana » Thu May 11, 2017 7:15 pm

Fuck, I'm too old to even know anything about HIM :wave:
Ok, just googled them, I must have known them, but I've never been into goth music...

Matz

#4762 Post by Matz » Thu May 11, 2017 7:23 pm

Lots of people that normally aren't into goth are nevertheless into HIm. Take his Wicked game cover for instance, pretty fuckin cool. I love their guitar player, awesome talent.

perkana

#4763 Post by perkana » Thu May 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Nice cover, I only listened to the small clip on their wiki page (join me in death). And sorry, but :jasper:

Matz

#4764 Post by Matz » Thu May 11, 2017 7:32 pm

really?` :lol: well, to each his or her own, you know... :cheers:

Larry B.

#4765 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 12, 2017 10:46 am

Annoying me today: a friend of mine, someone with whom I shared a band, at some point in March when we hung out together, either wrote down or took a picture of my credit card and spent around 120 bucks between March and May 2nd.

I'm "confronting" him in almost exactly 1:30 hours.

So I'm down a friend, down 120 bucks (I'll tell him that he has to pay me, of course - and the bank might reimburse me) and I'll lose about 2:30 hours of working time in a week that's been very intensive.

Very annoying.

kv

#4766 Post by kv » Fri May 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Honestly dude it is worth the 120 bucks to know he's not your friend

Larry B.

#4767 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 12, 2017 7:50 pm

kv wrote:Honestly dude it is worth the 120 bucks to know he's not your friend
I don't understand that...

... he told me "I didn't take your card, it was just somehow linked to my Facebook account and I didn't know."

:hs: Me: "What?"

"I wanted to set up an ad campaign, I selected my ad, then set up the rate and I clicked OK. I never knew who was being charged for that, and I was meaning to find out."

:hs: "So you thought... wait... how were you going to find out whose card it was?"

"I don't know."

When I asked for my money, he said "I can't right now, I have other things to do."

After a brief back and forth, I said "I'll give you until tomorrow at noon, otherwise it's going to get uglier for you." About 35 minutes after I left his flat he had transferred me the money.

As I was walking back to my place, I called a mutual friend who works with him, to try to make sense of this situation. He told me, as I suspected, that this guy had been having some money problems. Basically, this guy is about 2 years older than me and his parents still pay for everything. This mutual friend also told me that he had asked him, explicitely, how he was paying for the ad campaign and that he had answered "I don't know, there was this credit card linked to my account." My friend asked him "Is it Larry's?", to which he answered "I don't know." So 'meaning to find out', bollocks.

As I also suspected, this mutual friend is sort of trying to vouche for him, saying that he most likely didn't take my card and all that. But man, even if he didn't, even if SOMEHOW my credit card was linked to his account (???), nothing makes sense here. What kind of a person does that? "Oh I'll just take this money, I'm sure I'll pay the owner someday, when he realizes he doesn't have that money he used to have."

He actually had the nerve to use the expression (in Spanish) "... so I just powered through and ran the ad campaign". I said "powered through?! What the hell are you talking about? Powered through what?!"

He also said something about his and mine being different common senses, and later on asked me for the receipt of the charges, because it was 8 dollars higher than he had estimated.

Man alive.

Hype

#4768 Post by Hype » Sun May 14, 2017 8:38 pm

If you're both administrators for a public Facebook Page, and you put in your credit card info while signed in as the "Page", it seems possible that it could have saved the info and he was able to access it that way, but that would be horrifically bad security, and I can't imagine that FB would do that. Your ex-friend seems not only pathetic, but pretty stupid and not worth keeping around.

intertwoven

#4769 Post by intertwoven » Mon May 15, 2017 12:09 am

Nice mother's day weekend trip ended badly with totalling our car on the way home. Me and my dog are fine. My wife, who was driving (wasn't her fault, brakes failed on the wet bridge grating and couldn't stop from hitting the car in front of us who had hit a car, who had also hit a car, who had hit a car that drove off. Luckily no one was close behind us, so we weren't rear-ended), she has a pretty nasty bruise on her arm, but is ok otherwise. The city of Portland gets an assist for this one, for closing the I-5 which forced us into this route in the first place, and for the shitty grating on the bridge that the cop who helped use acknowledged leads to things like this. So now we get the headache of dealing with the insurance and probably buying a new car. But yeah, at least we're all ok.
Attachments
car2.jpg
car2.jpg (163.92 KiB) Viewed 6328 times

SR

#4770 Post by SR » Mon May 15, 2017 5:42 am

Glad all are ok. :nod:

kv

#4771 Post by kv » Mon May 15, 2017 4:19 pm

Air bags for the win... I'm sure the insurance will be questioning "safe speed for conditions" so be ready for that...glad all is ok

Artemis

#4772 Post by Artemis » Tue May 16, 2017 4:44 am

OMG! Just seeing this now. Good to hear there are no serious injuries. :gh:

Matz

#4773 Post by Matz » Tue May 16, 2017 2:56 pm

wtf isn't Mourning Son on Itunes in Europe? "Meet the film makers" is there.. :confused: ..fuck, I'll never get to watch the fuckin thing, cause it doesnt seem there's going to be a dvd at some point. I'm gonna have to move then I guess :noclue:

SR

#4774 Post by SR » Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 am

I think I saw it here.....for $3.99. Maybe the youtube link doesn't work in Europe as well?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ocumentary

wally

#4775 Post by wally » Wed May 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Nicky Hayden, an American motorcycle racer was critically injured today while riding his bicycle in Italy.
He has severe head and chest injuries and is now in a medically induced coma.
fuck, he's one of my favorite racers. Had an opportunity to meet him a couple times, really a genuinely nice guy.
get well soon Champ!

Matz

#4776 Post by Matz » Wed May 17, 2017 2:36 pm

SR wrote:I think I saw it here.....for $3.99. Maybe the youtube link doesn't work in Europe as well?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ocumentary
Thanks! It seems like its been taken down, even if it hadn't I'm almost certain that Europeans weren't allowed. Sucks, this things's eseential for a Dave nut like myselfl. Well, I guess it'll end up on youtube eventually.

SR

#4777 Post by SR » Wed May 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Seems like everyone who tweets him or listens to his show and calls in gets ahold of him.....try him and ask for access....see if he'll DOOOOO something! :lol: It was a really good watch. :nod:

creep
Site Admin

#4778 Post by creep » Wed May 17, 2017 3:58 pm

Matz wrote:wtf isn't Mourning Son on Itunes in Europe? "Meet the film makers" is there.. :confused: ..fuck, I'll never get to watch the fuckin thing, cause it doesnt seem there's going to be a dvd at some point. I'm gonna have to move then I guess :noclue:
Have you tried this? Apparently is should work for you??

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/mourningson

Matz

#4779 Post by Matz » Wed May 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Spectacular!!, Buying and watching tomorrow. Thanks so much! :bigrin: :bigrin:

Matz

#4780 Post by Matz » Thu May 18, 2017 5:21 am

very well done and moving doc. I found this sentence from Dave to be very life affirming and powerful: "I learned how to thrive through trauma".

Pandemonium

#4781 Post by Pandemonium » Thu May 18, 2017 9:50 pm

So, we're closing in on a month with our new Labrador and it's been tough.

We quickly discovered she has not one, but two parasite infections - giardia which is somewhat common among puppies and trichomonas which is actually rare for dogs and proving hard to treat. She basically hasn't taken a solid crap (think chocolate pudding) since we brought her home and I've been throwing pills down her throat and giving her this white goop via syringe to try and beat it. Add to that she tries to eat her poop... and she's a night owl, up all night wanting to play and howls like a basset hound on helium to get attention. It's like having a new baby. My wife and I got more sleep with our newborn son 20 years ago.

wally

#4782 Post by wally » Mon May 22, 2017 12:40 pm

wally wrote:Nicky Hayden, an American motorcycle racer was critically injured today while riding his bicycle in Italy.
He has severe head and chest injuries and is now in a medically induced coma.
fuck, he's one of my favorite racers. Had an opportunity to meet him a couple times, really a genuinely nice guy.
get well soon Champ!
RIP :wavesad: :no:

Juana

#4783 Post by Juana » Mon May 22, 2017 10:45 pm

I'm probably going to have to put one of my dogs down, XRays showed a huge mass on either her spleen or liver and she is refusing to eat even steak. Ultrasound is scheduled for tomorrow but I'm scared she is not going to make it that long. This is the same dog that when I was sick was next to me always (physically with me) except my time on the table getting cut. Today sucks.

nausearockpig

#4784 Post by nausearockpig » Mon May 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Oh no man, that's the worst. I wish it weren't so. I offer you big e-hugs from my side of the world, and want you to remember that if it does come down to the worst, then your pup knows she was loved like no other.

Juana

#4785 Post by Juana » Mon May 22, 2017 11:10 pm

nausearockpig wrote:Oh no man, that's the worst. I wish it weren't so. I offer you big e-hugs from my side of the world, and want you to remember that if it does come down to the worst, then your pup knows she was loved like no other.
As do I she is about to be 8, but she is in bad shape. She is hurting and honestly if it's as bad as the vet says I will be having her put down in the next couple days. I don't want to attend it but I do not want her going out without me in the room next to her. I'm seriously heart broken right now.