What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
creep
Site Admin

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4081 Post by creep » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:22 am

mockbee wrote:
creep wrote:
mockbee wrote: Nope, never bought a thing on E-Bay, or amazon, or anything online for that matter
that's pretty incredible for someone that has internet access.

i just looked at my amazon account and i placed 55 orders in 2014 so i average about 1 order a week. i pay for the free two day shipping and a lot of stuff arrives overnight if it comes out of the local warehouse. ebay i probably use about once a month. :noclue:

Oh..........I was being facetious. :neutral: :lol:
oh...oops

well i did find one in artemis which isn't too surprising since she seems to live more of an old fashioned life with no cell phone, car or tv (i think you might have a tv now?). i sort of envy that way of living.

Hype

#4082 Post by Hype » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:51 am

I think she has a cellphone now. But not having a car isn't old-fashioned in Toronto... you just don't need one. It's odd, because Toronto, like LA, is really spread out, and transit isn't that great. But I think it's just a different mentality. If you live in or near downtown Toronto, the subway/streetcars/cabs are good enough.

Artemis

#4083 Post by Artemis » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:04 am

No cellphone. When I was in London last fall, my friend there arranged a phone for me to use during my trip. I finally learned how to text too. :lol:
Still no TV, I watch stuff on my computer.

Like Hype said, in Toronto you really don't need a car. I live midtown and am close to public transit- subway, buses, etc.
The building I worked in before was connected to the subway; I didn't even have to walk outisde. My job before that was right downtown about 100 metres from the subway station. If I drove I would have to pay fr parking and deal with nightmare traffic. I think T.O. is in the top 10 worst traffic cities in North America.

Hype

#4084 Post by Hype » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:09 am

The Toronto stretch of the 401 is North America's busiest highway by volume -- busier than the Santa Monica Freeway (I-10). I've been driving 300 km (up, and then 300 more back) once a week up to my dept for the past two years, which, if I drove the speed limit should take about 3 hours. But the 70 km span of the 401 from one side of Toronto to the other, during Rush hour, is so insane that it can take an hour and a half to two hours to get through. The alternative is the 407 Express Toll Route, but to take that for the full 70 km during rush hour can cost upwards of $30. Then again, it means getting through Toronto in 30-40 minutes. :lol:

Here's a video of it:

Don't even get me started on the Gardiner, aka "The Highway that is Falling Apart".

nausearockpig

#4085 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:55 pm

creep wrote:
mockbee wrote: Nope, never bought a thing on E-Bay, or amazon, or anything online for that matter

i just looked at my amazon account and i placed 55 orders in 2014 so i average about 1 order a week. i pay for the free two day shipping and a lot of stuff arrives overnight if it comes out of the local warehouse. ebay i probably use about once a month. :noclue:
not everyone is rich like you Monty Burns..... maybe mockbee lives in a box with wifi... :lolol:

Pandemonium

#4086 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:47 pm

creep wrote:

I've been about equal parts buyer and seller on eBay since '99. I think i've done at least 1,100 unique transactions in that time and just checked my total sales since I joined and I was floored it totalled over $33,000. I've sold shit ranging from guitars and amps to old comic books, dvds and cds. Regarding Amazon, i went from maybe 3 or 4 purchases a year up until about 5 years ago to about 100+ purchases a year and getting Prime the last 4 years running. A big reason for my increase in online shopping is the fact it's become so hard to find stores that carry movie and music releases beyond the top 2 or 3 new releases every week. Also getting an iPad with independent wifi didn't help. I can be sitting in my car waiting for an appointment or to pick up my son and browse n' buy.

perkana

#4087 Post by perkana » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:32 pm

Just found out that one of my first crushes as a kid recently passed away. Jonathan Crombie portrayed Gilbert Blythe in the tv series Anne of Green Gables back in the 80's. He was only 48 :sad:

Romeo

#4088 Post by Romeo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:33 am

I can't shake this fucking cold and it has to be GONE pronto

I can't go away feeling like shit :sad:

nausearockpig

#4089 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Romeo wrote:I can't shake this fucking cold and it has to be GONE pronto

I can't go away feeling like shit :sad:
vitamin C and garlic capsules... it's too late to kill it but they will help.. and if you continue to take them, they will ward off any colds...... for ever...... if you take them forever... every day..

Hype

#4090 Post by Hype » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Don't bother with the vitamin c... you'll just urinate out all of it. Sleep and OTC antihistamines are the best way to handle it.

creep
Site Admin

#4091 Post by creep » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:12 pm

all you experts know nothing. we need all of our prayer warriors here to pray for your quick recovery. :drink:

Romeo

#4092 Post by Romeo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:01 am

Ha!

Actually I started Zicam as soon as the scratchy throat start, which kept it from being a full blown cold but I feel crappy and i think it's moving to my chest (and I don't want bronchitis)

Just. Go. Away! :waits:

Artemis

#4093 Post by Artemis » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:38 am

Tradespeople. :mad:

I've wasted most of the day waiting around for an electrician and the guy who is supposed to fix my wall and hall closet from the water damage that resulted from the punctured pipe.

The electrician said he was going to come between 10am-12pm, now it's 2:30pm. He called about 10 minutes ago to say he's on his way. :waits:

The painter/plaster guy was supposed to be here about 09:00 but called around 10 to say he had something to finish from another job and would be here by noon. Around 1 he called to say he has to reschedule to tomorrow morning. :mad:

On the plus side, I did do a couple loads of laundry and some cleaning.

mockbee

#4094 Post by mockbee » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Artemis wrote:Tradespeople. :mad:

I've wasted most of the day waiting around for an electrician and the guy who is supposed to fix my wall and hall closet from the water damage that resulted from the punctured pipe.

The electrician said he was going to come between 10am-12pm, now it's 2:30pm. He called about 10 minutes ago to say he's on his way. :waits:

The painter/plaster guy was supposed to be here about 09:00 but called around 10 to say he had something to finish from another job and would be here by noon. Around 1 he called to say he has to reschedule to tomorrow morning. :mad:

Did you solicit/contract them yourself, or did your super recommend them?

I always let tradespeople/subcontractors know that I am shopping around before I contract with them, so if they are stringing me out I am ready to and threaten to just jump to someone else. Usually gets them on the ball. And if it doesn't, they didn't want the job anyways, so good riddance. Even if you did contract with them, you would be within your rights to jump ship if they don't uphold their part by not showing up. Though, it is a real hassle to switch directions midproject.

Remember, you are PAYING for a service, not a privilege! :balls:

Artemis

#4095 Post by Artemis » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:54 am

mockbee wrote:

I always let tradespeople/subcontractors know that I am shopping around before I contract with them, so if they are stringing me out I am ready to and threaten to just jump to someone else. Usually gets them on the ball. And if it doesn't, they didn't want the job anyways, so good riddance. Even if you did contract with them, you would be within your rights to jump ship if they don't uphold their part by not showing up. Though, it is a real hassle to switch directions midproject.

The painter/plasterer guy is someone the property management company uses. I didn't have a choice in that matter. I guess I shouldn't complain since I'm not paying for it. Well, I suppose I am paying through the monthly maintenance fees.

The electrician is someone I've used before. He's a friend of a friend and didn't charge me for the work he did yesterday. It was just a small issue with a light fixture which he repaired on the spot.

I get annoyed waiting because i'm extremely punctual for everything. I'm only ever late if something happens beyond my control.

creep
Site Admin

#4096 Post by creep » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:06 am

Artemis wrote:
I get annoyed waiting because i'm extremely punctual for everything. I'm only ever late if something happens beyond my control.
there are very few of us around anymore. i am never late to anything. i would have an anxiety attack if i was ever late i think. :crazy:

mockbee

#4097 Post by mockbee » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:39 am

Artemis wrote:
mockbee wrote:

The painter/plasterer guy is someone the property management company uses. I didn't have a choice in that matter. I guess I shouldn't complain since I'm not paying for it. Well, I suppose I am paying through the monthly maintenance fees.

The electrician is someone I've used before. He's a friend of a friend and didn't charge me for the work he did yesterday. It was just a small issue with a light fixture which he repaired on the spot.

Yeah, you kind of are paying, but not, sort of.... It's a funny line isn't it? You pay, but get no say in the work, but I suppose that is the convenient part about it, that someone else does all the business, but hopefully it is satisfactory work..... :confused: :hehe:

I am not punctual. Well, sort of not, I typically time things down to the minute (sometimes 30 second) window of acceptable timeliness. It works most of the time when I have a regular schedule, but othertimes not so much. I am not typically late but I will be the last one in for a scheduled meeting at a particular time. I set my clock ahead a couple minutes to compensate.

In college, if I was running late and had to leave the house but didn't have a lunch ready yet I would throw a jar of peanut butter, a loaf of bread and a knife in my bag and carry that around with me all day, making a sandwich at lunchtime. Thank god I don't do that anymore......that sucked. :lolol:

creep
Site Admin

#4098 Post by creep » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:27 pm

the fat guy in the gym that always will go up to the attractive women and show them how to do a certain exercise while never exercising himself. every gym has one.

Essence_Smith

#4099 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:00 pm

Bitch ass bitches are annoying me today... :box:

Hype

#4100 Post by Hype » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:15 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Bitch ass bitches are annoying me today... :box:
Are they like "Bitch Niggaz" (It's okay for me to say that if I'm referring to the song, right?)

creep
Site Admin

#4101 Post by creep » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:20 pm

i finally gave up firefox today and switched to chrome for my browser. my laptop had 8mb or RAM and firefox was using so much memory it was slowing down everything. chrome is so much faster.

Essence_Smith

#4102 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:Bitch ass bitches are annoying me today... :box:
Are they like "Bitch Niggaz" (It's okay for me to say that if I'm referring to the song, right?)

Actually it's more like Bitch ass niggas...Onyx came out with this in 92-93 though they didn't come up with the term obviously, the inclusion of the word ass changes the meaning a bit...and right now unfortunately I live in an area where I see white kids referring to one another as niggas on a daily basis...it is freakin hilarious so it's definitely softened the word for me a LOT... :hehe:

farrellgirl99

#4103 Post by farrellgirl99 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:36 pm

I just got groped on my commute home as i walking down the subway stairs. a dude just straight up grabbed me. :jasper: this is at 430 pm at a crowded subway station, mind you.

fucking ridiculous.

SR

#4104 Post by SR » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Oh god. :bs:

nausearockpig

#4105 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:16 am

creep wrote:i finally gave up firefox today and switched to chrome for my browser. my laptop had 8mb or RAM and firefox was using so much memory it was slowing down everything. chrome is so much faster.
yay! welcome to google owning you more than before.....

seriously it's cool. you can use Chrome Remote Desktop to control your pc from your phone, tablet or other PC....