What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
MYXYLPLYX

Re: What's annoying you today?

#401 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Kids and pets... it's tough to see those most vulnerable, that love us unconditionally, suffer while we stand by helpless. :wavesad:

It certainly puts my whine in to perspective - I just found out I have to work my one day off in a stretch of 20 in a row. The shortest day so far has been ten hours, longest eighteen. I'm fried and exhausted and really just want to curl up and sleep for a day. Oh, and last night my car window was smashed and bag stolen in the middle of a 16 hour day.

But, I am reminded here to be thankful for the health of those I love, and really "nothing else matters." :thumb: :lol:

Matz

#402 Post by Matz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Matz wrote:I buy a used notebook from a guy who lives 250 km away, it's supposed to be as as good as new, but when I got it today it's full of fuckin bugs and stuff so I have to have a computer guy fix it for me, IF that's possible at all. And when I contacted the guy about it he doesn't reply back. So many people outthere with no conscience whatsoever, sickening, I truly don't understand how you can behave like that...urhg.. :banghead: :hs: :no: :yikes:
Most people don't know that their computers are full of viruses. Most people (including you) also don't know how to fix them when they do. I don't think this guy intentionally misled you. I think it's unfortunate that you don't know someone who could fix it for you for free (I would do it, but it's harder to do over the internet). One thing you could have tried (if you haven't already paid someone) is to just do a complete system restore to factory defaults, if there's a recovery partition on the drive (generally if it's a big-name computer company, that's how they do it now...) But of course, that would require googling how to do that for your particular model, and you're pissed off that you even have to do that sort of thing. Understandable, but your anger seems a bit more than is warranted in this case.
yeah you're right, and it turns out he really didn't know anything about it as he replied later and I believe him, so it's all good except I'm gonna end up forking out wayyyyyyyyyy to much money for this computer but whatever, it's only money. Much worse could happen

Hype

#403 Post by Hype » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Matz wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Matz wrote:I buy a used notebook from a guy who lives 250 km away, it's supposed to be as as good as new, but when I got it today it's full of fuckin bugs and stuff so I have to have a computer guy fix it for me, IF that's possible at all. And when I contacted the guy about it he doesn't reply back. So many people outthere with no conscience whatsoever, sickening, I truly don't understand how you can behave like that...urhg.. :banghead: :hs: :no: :yikes:
Most people don't know that their computers are full of viruses. Most people (including you) also don't know how to fix them when they do. I don't think this guy intentionally misled you. I think it's unfortunate that you don't know someone who could fix it for you for free (I would do it, but it's harder to do over the internet). One thing you could have tried (if you haven't already paid someone) is to just do a complete system restore to factory defaults, if there's a recovery partition on the drive (generally if it's a big-name computer company, that's how they do it now...) But of course, that would require googling how to do that for your particular model, and you're pissed off that you even have to do that sort of thing. Understandable, but your anger seems a bit more than is warranted in this case.
yeah you're right, and it turns out he really didn't know anything about it as he replied later and I believe him, so it's all good except I'm gonna end up forking out wayyyyyyyyyy to much money for this computer but whatever, it's only money. Much worse could happen
You don't know ANY teenage nerds who could install a bootleg copy of Windows 7 on your computer for free, or 20 euros or something? :confused:

Juana

#404 Post by Juana » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Cold and rainy

Matz

#405 Post by Matz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:23 pm

well, no fortunately I don't :lol: But it's kind of a weird problem and it's not virus related. I got the laptop and turned it on and everything worked fine. I then plugged in a usb drive because I wanted to install something on the computer from it and the computer immediately switched off by itself. So I thought, hmm wtf, that's really odd, and then turned it on again. And it started up fine but right when it got to the desktop it switched off again. I tried that five times or so and then started to flip out a little, no wait a lot actually

Later that day I decided I would do a system recovery where it would format the whole thing and install windows again. Not a big disaster since the computer was completely empty. But when I started it up and started the formatting thing it only did that for about a minute and then swithed the power off again. So, when I turned it on after that I just got a black screen with some computer lingo on it and that's when I knew I needed help.

Apparantly this is a fairly common problem with some laptops and some usb drives. I googled it and again I know very little about these things but it's something about the destinations for the usb drives and the laptop's drive and then computer mistakes the whole thing as a very serious malfunction and shuts down. Something like that. But now I just hope the thing can be fixed, the guy in the store wasn't sure, so it's pretty fucked up if it can't, but we'll see. Verdict's in on monday I think

perkana

#406 Post by perkana » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:33 pm

A bloody 6.7 earthquake

Hype

#407 Post by Hype » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Matz wrote:well, no fortunately I don't :lol: But it's kind of a weird problem and it's not virus related. I got the laptop and turned it on and everything worked fine. I then plugged in a usb drive because I wanted to install something on the computer from it and the computer immediately switched off by itself. So I thought, hmm wtf, that's really odd, and then turned it on again. And it started up fine but right when it got to the desktop it switched off again. I tried that five times or so and then started to flip out a little, no wait a lot actually

Later that day I decided I would do a system recovery where it would format the whole thing and install windows again. Not a big disaster since the computer was completely empty. But when I started it up and started the formatting thing it only did that for about a minute and then swithed the power off again. So, when I turned it on after that I just got a black screen with some computer lingo on it and that's when I knew I needed help.

Apparantly this is a fairly common problem with some laptops and some usb drives. I googled it and again I know very little about these things but it's something about the destinations for the usb drives and the laptop's drive and then computer mistakes the whole thing as a very serious malfunction and shuts down. Something like that. But now I just hope the thing can be fixed, the guy in the store wasn't sure, so it's pretty fucked up if it can't, but we'll see. Verdict's in on monday I think
That could be a lot of things. And really sucks. Are you sure the battery's not shot? (It might still say "100% charged" but then discharge really quickly, or something.)

creep
Site Admin

#408 Post by creep » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Matz wrote:well, no fortunately I don't :lol: But it's kind of a weird problem and it's not virus related. I got the laptop and turned it on and everything worked fine. I then plugged in a usb drive because I wanted to install something on the computer from it and the computer immediately switched off by itself. So I thought, hmm wtf, that's really odd, and then turned it on again. And it started up fine but right when it got to the desktop it switched off again. I tried that five times or so and then started to flip out a little, no wait a lot actually

That could be a lot of things. And really sucks. Are you sure the battery's not shot? (It might still say "100% charged" but then discharge really quickly, or something.)
i doubt there would be a fix for that. the usb ports are part of the motherboard and i doubt it's a software issue so you would probable need a new motherboard. i hope you didn't pay too much.

Juana

#409 Post by Juana » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Two of my dogs cornered my fiance's dog in the kitchen (dogs are not allowed in the kitchen) and are not letting her dog out :lolol: only annoying because they keep whining I think they purposely scared her dog in there since they don't let her in the "pack" so they could get her into trouble.

Larry B.

#410 Post by Larry B. » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:45 pm

perkana wrote:A bloody 6.7 earthquake
:conf: shit... are you ok?

perkana

#411 Post by perkana » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:03 pm

I'm fine thanks...just waiting for a replicate if there will be any :conf:

Larry B.

#412 Post by Larry B. » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:22 pm

There most likely will be at least one moderate aftershock, probably within 30 minutes.

I read there are two deaths reported...

Glad you're ok, stay safe! :wave:

Larry B.

#413 Post by Larry B. » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Annoying me right now: corporate buzzwords.

I'm translating a couple of presentations for a huge international company and it's NOTHING BUT CORPORATE BUZZWORDS.
Deliver new “partner thru” multi-touch demand generation campaigns (horizontal and vertical) that drive contact acquisition and lead capture
Refresh mid-market and commercial sales and marketing assets w/ updated: solutions messaging, competitive landscape, promotion enhancements
Target availability in all theaters
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Break-out master Play into 4 x standalone, sub-plays w/ corresponding sales enablement and assets:
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Theaters?? Plays???? stupid assholes. SALES ENABLEMENT!?

Buzzwords aside, whomever wrote this garbage should be given a raise, so that he/she can afford some heavy brain medication. Hopefully an overdose.

Hype

#414 Post by Hype » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Larry B. wrote:Annoying me right now: corporate buzzwords.

I'm translating a couple of presentations for a huge international company and it's NOTHING BUT CORPORATE BUZZWORDS.
Deliver new “partner thru” multi-touch demand generation campaigns (horizontal and vertical) that drive contact acquisition and lead capture
Refresh mid-market and commercial sales and marketing assets w/ updated: solutions messaging, competitive landscape, promotion enhancements
Target availability in all theaters
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Break-out master Play into 4 x standalone, sub-plays w/ corresponding sales enablement and assets:
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Theaters?? Plays???? stupid assholes. SALES ENABLEMENT!?

Buzzwords aside, whomever wrote this garbage should be given a raise, so that he/she can afford some heavy brain medication. Hopefully an overdose.
Hilarious.

sinep

#415 Post by sinep » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:49 am

perkana wrote:I'm fine thanks...just waiting for a replicate if there will be any :conf:
oh wow, glad you're alright.

there was a 2.4 here the other day. of course that's hardly anything but the fault is almost exactly under my house. it was kind of cool.

Turncoat

#416 Post by Turncoat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:43 am

I have the innate ability to attract fat, crazy girls who are in relationships but are predisposed to infidelity. This means I've received a few risque photos, not necessarily flattering... followed by insecure apologies... then, of course, phone calls... unexpected calls... which dive into really weird places...

...and tomorrow officially marks the beginning of the season of sadness, for me. December 12, 17, 21, 22, 24, 26, and 27 are all horrible anniversaries. It also marks the end of my short revival of health insurance. So, I have to make sure I don't get sick or hurt. Today is a dark day... tomorrow and onward are permanent midnight.

perkana

#417 Post by perkana » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:49 am

sinep wrote:
perkana wrote:I'm fine thanks...just waiting for a replicate if there will be any :conf:
oh wow, glad you're alright.

there was a 2.4 here the other day. of course that's hardly anything but the fault is almost exactly under my house. it was kind of cool.
:lol: this one wasn't though, the cups started shaking, everything oscillated for what it felt like an eternity (just 3 mins) and kept oscillating even when it ended (I live on a sixth floor). Won't be using the elevator for a couple of days though, that's like one of my worst nightmares, being on one when a quake hits

Turncoat

#418 Post by Turncoat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:16 pm

One of my old friends, now still a friend on facebook, posted photos of her birthday party. I went through them, noticing the absence of my old best friend whose now-wife I'd suspected would remove him from his friendships. Sure enough, she has. Then I saw the girl who broke my heart. Smiling, happy, sociable... then there's the man she left me for... they have what I don't. They have what they took from me... a year ago. They get to be happy and I don't. It just knocked all of the wind out of my sails... granted, my sails weren't really full anyway... but they're completely empty now. At least half of the photos were with her. Not what I wanted to see. It's coming up on a year. Tomorrow, my birthday, is the anniversary of when it all started. It was Sunday night, last year. It was the last morning I woke up with her. It's been bad enough. This is just worse. The relationship and lying were bad enough, the loss was worse, the manipulation was worse, the way it ended was worse, but she just kept doing anything she could to make it worse. I never knew it could be this bad. It is. Nothing has gotten better, only worse. It's been a year. It's only getting worse. Not because I want her back, but because it proves that she wasn't meant to be alone, but I am. This is what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life. It's just a drag. I know some people aren't meant to be happy... I just hate that I have to be one of those people.
I hate December.

Larry B.

#419 Post by Larry B. » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:20 pm

You sell the solution are responsible for service delivery service, with support from smart intellectual capital
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Artemis

#420 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:00 pm

i have an ear ache in my left ear and a watery left red eye. i think i'm catching a cold.

i just finished doing my christmas cards and licked all the envelopes.maybe a few others will catch it too. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#421 Post by creep » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Artemis wrote:i have an ear ache in my left ear and a watery left red eye. i think i'm catching a cold.

i just finished doing my christmas cards and licked all the envelopes.maybe a few others will catch it too. :lol:
i have never sent a christmas card.

Artemis

#422 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:07 pm

not even to your mom?

creep
Site Admin

#423 Post by creep » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:09 pm

i see her on christmas.

i send her birthday cards.

Artemis

#424 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:14 pm

i like the ritual of writing the cards, addressing the envelopes, and going to the post office to mail them.

creep
Site Admin

#425 Post by creep » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:11 pm

someone stole a package from amazon off my porch. it was just one of those body groomer things so i can shave my balls and trim the pubes without injury. if i see any of my neighbors with clean shaven balls i'm going to be pissed.

amazon is pretty cool though. i just called them up and they are overnighting me another one no questions asked.