What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
creep
Site Admin

Re: What's annoying you today?

#326 Post by creep » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:22 pm

i just read this and it annoyed me

it makes no sense to me. i wouldn't wait in line for two hours to save a few hundred dollars.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Nearly a half dozen shoppers have already set up camp outside the Best Buy on Arden Way for Black Friday.

Camper Jose Rosales said he started camping out Sunday for one reason, a t-v. "I wanted to come out here for the 42-inch LCD, its $699 and for Black Friday it will be $199,"said Rosales.

A Best Buy store employee said officially they have not released their Black Friday deals, but shoppers said they heard about the doorbusters sales online.

Hype

#327 Post by Hype » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:00 am

Turncoat wrote:...and if you're really gonna be in the area, I'm about 5 miles west of Yale. You're more than welcome. As long as I don't get Laura Palmer'd before then, you're free to come over.
I would only invite you out for a beer. It would probably be pretty pleasant. :noclue: I'll send you a PM if I do manage to get down there at some point. It does seem fairly likely, as the friend I have spending the year there just spent a week and a half on my living room floor, so he kind of owes me. :lol:
Last edited by Hype on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Juana

#328 Post by Juana » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:00 am

Yeah but you know it works for some people I will be on Amazon however looking for deals.

sinep

#329 Post by sinep » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:55 am

creep wrote:

Camper Jose Rosales said he started camping out Sunday for one reason, a t-v. "I wanted to come out here for the 42-inch LCD, its $699 and for Black Friday it will be $199,"said Rosales.
699-199=500 dollars

noon monday to midnight thursday= 60 hours

500/60= 8.33

same as having a minimum wage job. :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#330 Post by creep » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:30 am

sinep wrote:
creep wrote:

699-199=500 dollars

500/60= 8.33

same as having a minimum wage job. :noclue:
of course he lied about the value to justify it. the tv sells for $499
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-+42% ... &cp=1&lp=1

499-199=300 dollars

300/60= $5 hr

did the guy take vacation this week or is he unemployed? if he is unemployed then should he be buying a tv?

the only way the guy gets a pass is if he is unemployed and he plans on reselling the tv to make $200. then that would be ok.

Larry B.

#331 Post by Larry B. » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:02 am

$499 is a GOOD offer?

I bought my Sony 42" HDTV for $399 :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#332 Post by creep » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:15 am

Larry B. wrote:$499 is a GOOD offer?

I bought my Sony 42" HDTV for $399 :noclue:
follow along.

$499 regular price
$199 sale price

one of the dumbest taxes in california is a tax we have every time you buy a lcd/led tv or computer monitor. it was $25 for anything over 35'' up until last year. something that never happens is that it actually went down this year to $10. when i buy tv's i buy them online to avoid sales tax and that tax.

Larry B.

#333 Post by Larry B. » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:03 am

Oh...

Well, now here they're selling a 40" LCD + a 21" LCD for around $250 (Samsung), so $199 isn't THAT outrageous of an offer. Certainly not one worth waiting a week in line for.

Turncoat

#334 Post by Turncoat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:31 pm

:banghead: Just a normal day...
I've been thinking about my life... and specifically the motivation behind my eating disorder. As with most, it's about control. It's the only thing I know with absolute certainty that I can control without needing to rely on someone else. I just have to eat the right stuff and I stay healthy. Unfortunately, now, I've lost control of what I get to eat... and as no surprise, the subtle changes in my diet have resulted in rapid weight gain. The best part? Seeing myself look even worse than usual sends me into a deeper, faster tailspin. This leads to further emotional stress-binging... a vicious cycle. Why do I freak out over something as trivial as weight gain? It's simple. Being thin is the only positive quality I can have.

1. I'm bald, young. 2. Being a fat kid permanently destroyed my body. 3. I have an ugly face. 4. My genitals are adequate, at best. 5. Several health problems run through both sides of my family. 6. I have jagged, misshapen teeth and a speech impediment. 7. Both of my parents are miserable loners, each with their own psychological issues... all of which have been passed down to me. 8. Neither parent was ready nor qualified to be a parent and both did significant damage. 9. I was born the wrong sex. 10. I have no confidence because I have no reason to believe in a lost cause. 11. I lack empathy and don't care about anyone and can't communicate how I dysfunction because there's nothing to gain from understanding it. 12. I don't enjoy anything and have no desire to work toward anything. 13. I cannot read body language and I was raised with all of the wrong personal skills. Everything I know about communication makes me a liability. I get in arguments because I can't relate to anyone. 14. Being white means I'm a fortunate race, undeserving of sympathy... but without any incentive for anyone to hire me. 15. One of my problems is anxiety and I crack under any pressure. I make everything a bigger deal than it is, then inevitably panic. This makes me unqualified for pretty much any profession.

I hate myself for how I look, because I look terrible. I'm just smart enough to be self-aware and realize the inherent disadvantages of my appearance. I live every day with the fear of impending illness. The only thing I know for sure is that I will only become more unattractive and I've missed my best years. My teeth will rot, my body will turn on me, and my mind is already working against me. Life will get worse... there's really no hope. The only way things can ever improve is to do all of the work, myself... but I lack the motivation, instinct, and resources necessary to do anything other than flounder or drown. I'm not pretty enough to get by on my looks, my home life was hard enough to beat a better man, I'm not smart enough to survive on intellect, and I'm not sane enough to be happy in anything. Really think about it... I've had the deck stacked against me, since before birth. I am doomed.

kv

#335 Post by kv » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Turncoat wrote::banghead: Just a normal day...
been thinking about my life... and specifically the motivation behind my eating disorder. As with most, it's about control. It's the only thing I know with absolute certainty that I can control without needing to rely on someone else. I just have to eat the right stuff and I stay healthy. Unfortunately, now, I've lost control of what I get to eat... and as no surprise, the subtle changes in my diet have resulted in rapid weight gain. The best part? Seeing myself look even worse than usual sends me into a deeper, faster tailspin. This leads to further emotional stress-binging... a vicious cycle. Why do I freak out over something as trivial as weight gain? It's simple. Being thin is the only positive quality I can have.

1. I'm bald, young. 2. Being a fat kid permanently destroyed my body. 3. I have an ugly face. 4. My genitals are adequate, at best. 5. Several health problems run through both sides of my family. 6. I have jagged, misshapen teeth and a speech impediment. 7. Both of my parents are miserable loners, each with their own psychological issues... all of which have been passed down to me. 8. Neither parent was ready nor qualified to be a parent and both did significant damage. 9. I was born the wrong sex. 10. I have no confidence because I have no reason to believe in a lost cause. 11. I lack empathy and don't care about anyone and can't communicate how I dysfunction because there's nothing to gain from understanding it. 12. I don't enjoy anything and have no desire to work toward anything. 13. I cannot read body language and I was raised with all of the wrong personal skills. Everything I know about communication makes me a liability. I get in arguments because I can't relate to anyone. 14. Being white means I'm a fortunate race, undeserving of sympathy... but without any incentive for anyone to hire me. 15. One of my problems is anxiety and I crack under any pressure. I make everything a bigger deal than it is, then inevitably panic. This makes me unqualified for pretty much any profession.

I hate myself for how I look, because I look terrible. I'm just smart enough to be self-aware and realize the inherent disadvantages of my appearance. I live every day with the fear of impending illness. The only thing I know for sure is that I will only become more unattractive and I've missed my best years. My teeth will rot, my body will turn on me, and my mind is already working against me. Life will get worse... there's really no hope. The only way things can ever improve is to do all of the work, myself... but I lack the motivation, instinct, and resources necessary to do anything other than flounder or drown. I'm not pretty enough to get by on my looks, my home life was hard enough to beat a better man, I'm not smart enough to survive on intellect, and I'm not sane enough to be happy in anything. Really think about it... I've had the deck stacked against me, since before birth. I am doomed
stop with the tiny post shit...good to see you finally clued in and stopped with the negative reinforcement :wink:

creep
Site Admin

#336 Post by creep » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:33 pm

i see a future in motivational speaking for bob. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#337 Post by creep » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:35 pm

leaves are annoying me....i rake and rake and rake and rake and they never stop coming down.

Turncoat

#338 Post by Turncoat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:14 pm

kv wrote:stop with the tiny post shit...good to see you finally clued in and stopped with the negative reinforcement :wink:
the point of the small text is to avoid cluttering the thread, while still getting to clear my head... and nobody has to read it unless they're curious enough to look further into it. I don't want to start another misery thread and being forced to use the common grounds forces me to abstain from too much self-loathing. I started doing the small text just because it seems more considerate to dump shit in a more subtle way, rather than just throwing a bag of garbage out the window.

I mean reallyThink about it for a second. it saves so much space and keeps the shit less intrusivebut I have nowhere else to turn

blurgI stand behind everything I said. I have not one quality useful enough to harness and get my shit together. :conf:

Larry B.

#339 Post by Larry B. » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:16 pm

:lol:

There is a car under those leaves, right?

Lokus

#340 Post by Lokus » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Lokus wrote:Today was a seriously shitty fuckin' day for me for multiple unrelated reasons.

1. As a result of major cutbacks about to happen within the Canadian Government, I found out that my position is going to be eliminated. While my ultimate "dream job" would be laying on a beach collecting a pay cheque, this job is basically my dream job of ones that are realistically available to me in my field.

I won't be out of a job completely, but I will be put into some job that is several levels below what I'm doing now, basically a Clerk job processing forms in and out, until I can build my way back up once more jobs become available. I realize I'll still be in a fortunate position by having a job at all, but you have to realize that my current position is one that literally hundreds of people would covet and I've worked really hard to get it. I literally dreamed about having this job 10 years ago when I started university.

2. My wife's Grandfather died. He lived in Poland, so my wife wasn't super close to him because she only saw him once every few years, but she's still sad about it. Her Mom raced back to Poland tonight, but now she has to look after her Dad who is ill, so she'll basically be living at her parents' for a couple of weeks.

3. My brother also got news that a job he interviewed for is not going to be filled at all as a cost saving measure. My bro has very few promotion opportunities come up and he's super deserving of one.

Fuck this day!!
OK, I know you guys have been thinking every day for the last two months, "I wonder how Lokus' job situation worked out"? Thanks for thinking of me. :tiphat:

I thought I'd give you an update.

Well, a few weeks after making the above post, after procrastinating about trying to find another job, I had called one place that I knew was hiring. Turned out the position was lower/less pay than what I have now. It was a shitty job and physically located far from where I live. :sad:

About a week after that I got a call out of the blue from a place that is really great in my line of work saying they knew I was looking for something and they wanted to meet me (I'm assuming it was through my boss who put the word out to help me). So, I met with them and they offered me a job on the spot. I signed the contract last week (same pay I make now). :banana:

Now, the type of work will be really good for me and the organization is quite prestigious (I don't care about this for egotistical reasons, but it helps for later career advancement). But, the subject matter is going to be quite dry and potentially boring. :waits:

But, I feel good about myself that I am sufficiently employable in a tough job market and have a reputation that would make someone comfortable hiring me on the spot.

I fully realize there are people who are in much worse situations than me, and I'm grateful for what I have. Even just the scare of possibly not having a job or being demoted scared the shit out of me, and I've gained an appreciation for what people looking for work psychologically go through.

Also, my brother applied for another job which he got! It will be his first management job. Although his base pay will be less than what he makes now, with sales incentives he should make more than what he does now.

My wife's Grandfather is still dead.

Warped

#341 Post by Warped » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:51 am

I won an ipod not too long ago and now apple officially stated that the battery may explode :lol: ... :confused: and that they take them back and replace them....wow

JOEinPHX

#342 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:06 am

Warped wrote:I won an ipod not too long ago and now apple officially stated that the battery may explode :lol: ... :confused: and that they take them back and replace them....wow
it annoys you that a major corporation is taking interest in the safety of its customers?

JOEinPHX

#343 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:07 am

creep wrote:leaves are annoying me....i rake and rake and rake and rake and they never stop coming down.

Sooooooo...

You're one of those people that rakes your grass and leaves into the road huh? :waits:

Warped

#344 Post by Warped » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:28 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Warped wrote:I won an ipod not too long ago and now apple officially stated that the battery may explode :lol: ... :confused: and that they take them back and replace them....wow
it annoys you that a major corporation is taking interest in the safety of its customers?
Soooo - I forgot to add that it is an ipod which was sold during the years 2005-2006 (first generation) and apple waited six years to do this. I believe most of the ipods of that generation aren't even "alive" anymore so kinda late for that statement imo.

crater

#345 Post by crater » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:12 am

It's been annoying me for several months now, but cancer sucks.

RIP to my aunt :sad:

JOEinPHX

#346 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:16 am

Warped wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
Soooo - I forgot to add that it is an ipod which was sold during the years 2005-2006 (first generation) and apple waited six years to do this. I believe most of the ipods of that generation aren't even "alive" anymore so kinda late for that statement imo.
1. Well if it takes 6 years for the battery to crap out, how would they know?
2. It's not even their battery. Someone else made it. So blame the other company.

Once again, Apple is at least taking action.

Warped

#347 Post by Warped » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:44 am

I don't want to make a serious discussion out of this just to clarify : It has been known since they sold the first ipods of that generation that the battery causes problems. There have been several explosions and also some fires in houses due to the battery. They knew that and waited six years to make that statement and take action to replace them. Annoying for me is that i was happy to win one, only had it for a month or so and no i have to send it back and wait 6-8 weeks for the replacement.
Anyway it's not a such a big deal.

Artemis

#348 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:44 pm

crater wrote:It's been annoying me for several months now, but cancer sucks.

RIP to my aunt :sad:
:sad: sorry to hear that.

creep
Site Admin

#349 Post by creep » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:leaves are annoying me....i rake and rake and rake and rake and they never stop coming down.

Sooooooo...

You're one of those people that rakes your grass and leaves into the road huh? :waits:
where else do i put them? our garbage people pick them up every two weeks from the street.

Artemis

#350 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:08 pm

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:

Sooooooo...

where else do i put them? our garbage people pick them up every two weeks from the street.
for the leaves to be picked up,do you have to put them in recycling garden waste bags?