What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Turncoat

Re: What's annoying you today?

#301 Post by Turncoat » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:26 am

kv wrote:dude stop turning to a message board for help call
call a suicide hotline they are trained, trying to get help on a jane's addiction board is like calling the pizza guy to put out a house fire...not trained we don't know how to help you bro ask the right people
:pat:
:lol: yeah, I know... it's not really a help-call... I just need to get shit out sometimes.
Suicide lines aren't appealing to be... too bubbly... "oh, things will get better"... yeah, not necessarily... I can't get my frustration out through bursts of anger, so I have to submit to the depression and vent it before I flip out... and I have nowhere to do such things...

Artemis

#302 Post by Artemis » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:38 am

I wish I went to university to become an oral surgeon so I could charge $290 for 6 minutes of work. You can add on 15-20 minutes for freezing time and chit chat.

The plus part is I am on the final stretch of the dental implant process. :aoa:

Pandemonium

#303 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Maybe we should rename this thread "The Bummer Thread."

My little soap opera continues.....

Mom-in-law is basically in a coma on a ventilator. CAT and MRI scans show she has minor bleeding in her brain in the area that controls breathing, heart and other basic body functions. That means she can't breathe on her own or wake up. Thing is, she could conceivably live on in this state for *years* and due to the fact she has *some* brainwave activity, she's not considered brain dead and thus a hospital can't "pull the plug." It's like a legal terminology loophole around a DNR order. On the other hand, she could come out of this at any time with her full faculties or severely brain damaged - who knows? My wife says she looks horrible, bloated and her paper-think skin has been bruised and torn just from where they removed band aids, surgical tape, etc.

I'd say it's a suicide attempt's living hell.

The family is looking at moving Dad-in-law here to SoCal locally for my wife and I to supervise directly his rehab which will likely take about 4 - 6 months. There's a good chance Mom-in-law will get moved here to SoCal as well to some sort of long-term ICU in the near future as well. He still thinks his wife is just "sick."

My wife, her brother and sister have been in AZ getting affairs in order, etc to get the ball rolling on this. I've spent the last few days looking at every single Acute Care hospital in a 50 mile radius to find the best place to move him to. I toured one today that I wouldn't stick my worst enemy in - it was a horrible, oppressive place - 3 patients crammed per room like cordwood, no nurses on the floor and stank like cigarettes.

Larry B.

#304 Post by Larry B. » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:27 pm

:wavesad:

Shit... my thoughts are with you and specially your wife. Glad you two have each other to endure this situation.

On the up side, seeing those hospitals might just give you a reason to stay healthy...

:nod:

Lokus

#305 Post by Lokus » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Artemis wrote:
Kajicat wrote:
Artemis wrote:I think I may have to pull the plug on my fridge. For the last few days it sounds like a 10hp Johnson outboard motor. Not continuously but for long periods of time.
It's about 10 years old.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: The fact that you know what a 10 horse power outboard Johnson motor sounds like is just snakes and snails and puppy dog tails to me
:yikes: The nosie my fridge is making sounds really close to that!

Anyway, I'm quite familiar with the Johnson. I've handled one or two over the years. :lol:
Maybe it's a Canadian thing, but I can totally tell the difference between the sound of a Johnson and an Evinrude outboard motor, especially ones from the 50's and 60's. My family has a cottage with a couple of row boats and my Dad keeps buying and fixing up the same old motors, so we've owned a few!

Artemis

#306 Post by Artemis » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Lokus wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Kajicat wrote:
Artemis wrote:I think I may have to pull the plug on my fridge. For the last few days it sounds like a 10hp Johnson outboard motor. Not continuously but for long periods of time.
It's about 10 years old.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: The fact that you know what a 10 horse power outboard Johnson motor sounds like is just snakes and snails and puppy dog tails to me
:yikes: The nosie my fridge is making sounds really close to that!

Anyway, I'm quite familiar with the Johnson. I've handled one or two over the years. :lol:
Maybe it's a Canadian thing, but I can totally tell the difference between the sound of a Johnson and an Evinrude outboard motor, especially ones from the 50's and 60's. My family has a cottage with a couple of row boats and my Dad keeps buying and fixing up the same old motors, so we've owned a few!
My family didn't own a cottage but I spent a lot of time at friends' cottages. Most seemed to have a smaller boat with a 10HP(johnson or Evinrude) for fishing and for the kids to use, and a nicer, larger boat for water skiing . I don't know the differences between all the different makes, but I do recall that Mercury seemed to be one that people noticed. It may have been a particular year or model...I'm not sure.

Warped

#307 Post by Warped » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:18 am

Well as you may know i watch the german Bundesliga (soccer) every week. So today a game has to be cancelled because one of the referee's (a very well-known one) tried to commit suicide in the hotel room right before the game. I was shocked, i don't know the man personally but watch him on TV every week - so this kind of news always saddens me. He is in the hospital - not clear if he will survive or not. :sad:

Larry B.

#308 Post by Larry B. » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:26 am

Warped wrote:Well as you may know i watch the german Bundesliga (soccer) every week. So today a game has to be cancelled because one of the referee's (a very well-known one) tried to commit suicide in the hotel room right before the game. I was shocked, i don't know the man personally but watch him on TV every week - so this kind of news always saddens me. He is in the hospital - not clear if he will survive or not. :sad:
:yikes: No way! Shit... poor guy, I'm gonna check the news. Thanks for the heads-up :wavesad:

EDIT: according to some reports, his life is out of danger.

http://footballrefereeing.blogspot.com/ ... ommit.html

Warped

#309 Post by Warped » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:36 am

Yes, i am currently watching Bayern München vs. Borussia Dortmund and they confirmed that minutes ago.

creep
Site Admin

#310 Post by creep » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:32 pm

i just read that nine people were shot last night here in sacramento in separate incidences. we usually get a shooting or two every weekend. is this normal?

Artemis

#311 Post by Artemis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:45 pm

yeah that does seem like a lot for a medium sized city
generally, is Sacramento a low crime city?

creep
Site Admin

#312 Post by creep » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Artemis wrote:yeah that does seem like a lot for a medium sized city
generally, is Sacramento a low crime city?
compared to some neighboring cities like oakland or stockton it's safer. we do have a lot of crime but the shootings for the most part are pretty much gang related and in the southern part of the city. i have always felt safe. you just need to know where you can go at night and where you can't.

Turncoat

#313 Post by Turncoat » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:07 pm

New Haven's murder rate is on the rise... here we come! :rockon:

Hype

#314 Post by Hype » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Turncoat wrote:New Haven's murder rate is on the rise... here we come! :rockon:
A friend of mine is getting to spend the year at Yale. I may have to visit you and slap you upside the head.

Larry B.

#315 Post by Larry B. » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:04 pm

creep wrote:i just read that nine people were shot last night here in sacramento in separate incidences. we usually get a shooting or two every weekend. is this normal?
Sure it's normal :noclue:

Sacramento is at war with Yolo, right?

Juana

#316 Post by Juana » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:24 pm

think I'm starting to get sick, oh and the weather is still hot its fucking November I want to not have to run my air conditioner.

Turncoat

#317 Post by Turncoat » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
A friend of mine is getting to spend the year at Yale. I may have to visit you and slap you upside the head.
By all means... :tiphat:

Hype

#318 Post by Hype » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Turncoat wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
By all means... :tiphat:
Most likely in the Spring. I may jaunt from New Haven to Chicago to visit some other old friends in the dept. there. Just have to figure out when I can take a week out of my schedule to do it.

Jasper

#319 Post by Jasper » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:59 pm

Slap him for me too, Hype. Full-on bitch slap, if you'd be so kind. :tiphat:

Hype

#320 Post by Hype » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Jasper wrote:Slap him for me too, Hype. Full-on bitch slap, if you'd be so kind. :tiphat:

kv

#321 Post by kv » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Jasper wrote:Slap him for me too, Hype. Full-on bitch slap, if you'd be so kind. :tiphat:
kidney punch for me pls make him piss blood

creep
Site Admin

#322 Post by creep » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:46 am

kv wrote:
kidney punch for me pls make him piss blood
and then make out and have sex. hype is the top and cona is the bottom of course.

Turncoat

#323 Post by Turncoat » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:48 am

It's weird... I think, in terms of masculinity, we're both bottoms... but intellectually and as people... he's the better... so, unfortunately, I can't disagree.

....but jeez... do I really need to piss blood? I've got enough shit going on... a good slap in the face, followed by a nice lively discussion would probably be a lot better... I mean, come on... it's not like I'm crying about my trust fund checks coming late or getting the wrong color BMW for my birthday.
:essence:

...and if you're really gonna be in the area, I'm about 5 miles west of Yale. You're more than welcome. As long as I don't get Laura Palmer'd before then, you're free to come over.

Larry B.

#324 Post by Larry B. » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:11 am

In terms of sex drive, I think Bob would have to be on top. Or, more precisely, behind.

Turncoat

#325 Post by Turncoat » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:27 am

Larry B. wrote:In terms of sex drive, I think Bob would have to be on top. Or, more precisely, behind.
:jasper: