Re: What made your day today?

#3302 Post by kv » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:20 pm

Essence_Smith

#3303 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:56 pm

kv wrote:Image
:essence:
Don't you EVER talk about him! :lol:

Ok...so THIS made my day...this chick may have permanently turned me into a breast man...ironically enough I know two Abigail's and they are both heavy up top... :bigrin:

SR

#3304 Post by SR » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:28 pm

:boobs: :love: good god. Who is that

Essence_Smith

#3305 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 am

SR wrote::boobs: :love: good god. Who is that
:cheers:
Abigail Ratchford...and damn anything any rapper has ever done with More Bounce to the Ounce, I could watch this video all day...she reminds me of an israeli girl I dated who had roughly the same build...I broke it off... :banghead: :sad: :lol:

SR

#3306 Post by SR » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:08 am

She is THE perfect woman. :heart:

crater

#3307 Post by crater » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:17 pm

:heart: :heart:

Matz

#3308 Post by Matz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:05 pm

the captain who's responsible for this and the death of 32 people is going away for 16 years! Cool, I was afraid he'd get off much easier

perkana

#3309 Post by perkana » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:50 pm

Just found a beard board!
Going to lurk on it, only...

perkana

#3310 Post by perkana » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Tiny Desk's Contest winner...

And the sarcastic Amazon reviews for Melanie's Marvelous Measles
“Wow! I will have to buy this for my Dad. He and my uncle had Polio as toddlers and both were left with permanent disabilities. Now, in their golden years, they get to suffer from Post-Polio Syndrome as an added bonus! Preventable diseases truly are “marvelous” - just ask my Dad!”

“Wonder how many kids are spreading measles in Heaven now because their parents got them this book instead of a vaccination.”

“Looking forward to the follow up - Melanie’s Mommy’s Maladaptive Reasoning Skills.”

“My children may be deaf, blind, and pockmarked all over their bodies, but at least we didn’t give money to Big Pharma!”
http://www.amazon.com/Melanies-Marvelou ... 1466938897

perkana

#3311 Post by perkana » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:35 am

Ban on selfie sticks at museums
“From now on, you will be asked quietly to put it away,” said Sree Sreenivasan, the chief digital officer at the Met. “It’s one thing to take a picture at arm’s length, but when it is three times arm’s length, you are invading someone else’s personal space.”
The personal space of other visitors is just one problem. The artwork is another. “We do not want to have to put all the art under glass,” said Deborah Ziska, the chief of public information at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, which has been quietly enforcing a ban on selfie sticks but is in the process of adding it formally to its printed guidelines for visitors.
Last but not least is the threat to the camera operator, intent on capturing the perfect shot and oblivious to the surroundings. “If people are not paying attention in the Temple of Dendur, they can end up in the water with the crocodile sculpture,” Mr. Sreenivasan said. “We have so many balconies you could fall from, and stairs you can trip on.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/us/mu ... stick.html

perkana

#3312 Post by perkana » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:00 pm

I wasn't able to watch the SNL 40th anniversary show, but the Wayne's World sketch made my weekend. Garth is sooo adorable :heart:

Japhy

#3313 Post by Japhy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:06 pm

perkana wrote:I wasn't able to watch the SNL 40th anniversary show, but the Wayne's World sketch made my weekend. Garth is sooo adorable :heart:
yeah, i watched this earlier too - absolutely brilliant... the Kanye / Bey / Beck jokes were cool. I loved the Jeopardy skit too - Will Ferrell was real funny.

perkana

#3314 Post by perkana » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:04 pm

I only saw some bit of that one. I guess we won't be able to see it in Latinamerica until June. It seems that we can't get past the first episode of this 40th season.
Last edited by perkana on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perkana

#3315 Post by perkana » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:07 pm

I'm kinda pissed/happy today. Just found out that I could have done a paper work since November. Supposedly now you can graduate with just having sent your paper. I was always confused about this. Fucking bureaucrats. Oh well, moving on.

farrellgirl99

#3316 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Celebrating mardi gras today with homemade etouffee and king cake :cool:

nausearockpig

#3317 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:50 am

The bass player from my favourite Australian band "Regurgitator" commented on a Facebook comment I made about a Fender Bass VI... Then, it turns out that the Fender Bass VI that I played with at a second hand music store was his! I knew I shoulda bought the damn thing...

crater

#3318 Post by crater » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:34 pm

i just received this in an email from Amazon

Image :confused:

Pandemonium

#3319 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:42 pm

nausearockpig wrote:The bass player from my favourite Australian band "Regurgitator" commented on a Facebook comment I made about a Fender Bass VI... Then, it turns out that the Fender Bass VI that I played with at a second hand music store was his! I knew I shoulda bought the damn thing...
Around 2003 when I had regular contact with Damned/Lords guitarist Brian James, i happened upon a used Vox Ac30 amp at the Fountain Valley Guitar Center. Looking over it, I saw it had stenciled indicia indicating it may have once belonged to Brian. It turned out it had been stolen during the recording sessions for the first Lords Of The New Church album in the UK in '82 and somehow made it's way to SoCal. Brian being the cheap fucker he was wouldn't or more likely didn't have the $2k to buy it and through his manager wanted me to buy it and ship it to him on my dime. That amp sat there for months and I couldn't get Brian or his managers help in at least filing a police report to prevent Guitar Center from selling it. Eventually someone get a pretty cool amp but it wasn't me.... Or Brian.

cricket_bows

#3320 Post by cricket_bows » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:38 pm

shocking twins.jpg
shocking twins.jpg (50.69 KiB) Viewed 5472 times
Did you say beard board? :tiphat: :heart:

Crater- that Kælan Mikla is absolutely FANTASTIC! Reminds me a bit of an all-female Jane's Addiction; a lot of comments on their videos about it being simplistic musically, but I love it. Thanks for the share.

perkana wrote:Just found a beard board!

SR

#3321 Post by SR » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:51 am

cricket_bows wrote:
shocking twins.jpg
I want. Those are very cool....perfect doodad for an old Janes fan. Where did you get them??

perkana

#3322 Post by perkana » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:30 pm

cricket_bows wrote:
shocking twins.jpg

Crater- that Kælan Mikla is absolutely FANTASTIC! Reminds me a bit of an all-female Jane's Addiction; a lot of comments on their videos about it being simplistic musically, but I love it. Thanks for the share.

I LOVE your beard!! :heart:

cricket_bows

#3323 Post by cricket_bows » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:28 am

:yeay: :love: most women (in general) aren't down with facial follicles; one Perkana approval > all the haters!

Thanks, SR. I tell ya, this board has been an absolute salvation for people who knew the power and majesty of what once was; for it to go out with a whimper is such an antithesis of the original spirit, and such a bummer.

Squee had started a thread about her journey to Jane's (which she didn't finish, unfortunately- I LOVE to hear how people came to the band); might as well do a tl;dr with mine.

In 1988 I was doing a three-month internship at a commune in Virginia, and had stopped into the Charlottesville library to kill time. What does someone do when surrounded by classics? Pick up Rolling Stone, of course! Until that point, I'd always been into Zeppelin, and hadn't heard of the mighty JA, but I came across this Image image and was transfixed. I continued reading the magazine, but kept flipping back to that picture. I hadn't heard the music, but I KNEW I was going to love it.

Seven months later, in Boulder, Colorado (3/17/89), I was proven right. It wasn't really that I had my mind blown, but more that I was seeing something that I always knew could be done: the theatrics, the intensity, the unpredictability, the sonic attack, blended with intelligence. I became obsessed, and rather than collecting recordings, focused on memorabilia and clippings. Being a complete putz, I wrote every scribe on the first Lollapalooza tour and had them send me their reviews (remember kids, this was before teh interwebz), which I lovingly cut out and still have in all their yellowing glory.

Saw them four more times (12/14/90 [San Francisco], 12/15/90 [San Jose], 5/3/91[Springfield, MA, with my sister, who said, "I feel like I'm watching the evolution of music, like seeing the Beatles" I don't think she was that far off], and the Lolla tour in Denver [8/25/91]), and always left with goosebumps, inspired, wanting something more for myself. Hard to capture exactly how it impacted me, reaching back through time and all the recent (jeezus; Strays is gonna be 15 years old in July?) dreck that they've done.

Oh. The statues, right. I could kick myself now, as I bought them from Recordmecca even after they ruined their legacy (five years ago? ten?), but they were listed as the prototype/model for the twins on the cover of NS (obvs), and I figured they'd have Perry's initials or some kind of identifying markings on them, to cement it's value. No dice. The statue is super heavy, but I have no idea who actually made it. It is the one on the cover of Up From The Catacombs, but not worth the-- GULP-- $400? $500? I paid for it. I just pretend nothing happened post-'91 and it makes me feel better. Sort of.

But everyone on ANR: the humor, the eloquence, the intelligence... it's greatly appreciated and nice to be able to commiserate with people who were touched like I was, who knew of the greatness.

Shit, that was so long, even I didn't read it.

Peace.
perkana wrote:
cricket_bows wrote:
shocking twins.jpg

mockbee

#3324 Post by mockbee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:46 am

cricket_bows wrote::yeay: :love: most women (in general) aren't down with facial follicles; one Perkana approval > all the haters!

Thanks, SR. I tell ya, this board has been an absolute salvation for people who knew the power and majesty of what once was; for it to go out with a whimper is such an antithesis of the original spirit, and such a bummer.

Squee had started a thread about her journey to Jane's (which she didn't finish, unfortunately- I LOVE to hear how people came to the band); might as well do a tl;dr with mine.

In 1988 I was doing a three-month internship at a commune in Virginia, and had stopped into the Charlottesville library to kill time. What does someone do when surrounded by classics? Pick up Rolling Stone, of course! Until that point, I'd always been into Zeppelin, and hadn't heard of the mighty JA, but I came across this Image image and was transfixed. I continued reading the magazine, but kept flipping back to that picture. I hadn't heard the music, but I KNEW I was going to love it.

Seven months later, in Boulder, Colorado (3/17/89), I was proven right. It wasn't really that I had my mind blown, but more that I was seeing something that I always knew could be done: the theatrics, the intensity, the unpredictability, the sonic attack, blended with intelligence. I became obsessed, and rather than collecting recordings, focused on memorabilia and clippings. Being a complete putz, I wrote every scribe on the first Lollapalooza tour and had them send me their reviews (remember kids, this was before teh interwebz), which I lovingly cut out and still have in all their yellowing glory.

Saw them four more times (12/14/90 [San Francisco], 12/15/90 [San Jose], 5/3/91[Springfield, MA, with my sister, who said, "I feel like I'm watching the evolution of music, like seeing the Beatles" I don't think she was that far off], and the Lolla tour in Denver [8/25/91]), and always left with goosebumps, inspired, wanting something more for myself. Hard to capture exactly how it impacted me, reaching back through time and all the recent (jeezus; Strays is gonna be 15 years old in July?) dreck that they've done.

Oh. The statues, right. I could kick myself now, as I bought them from Recordmecca even after they ruined their legacy (five years ago? ten?), but they were listed as the prototype/model for the twins on the cover of NS (obvs), and I figured they'd have Perry's initials or some kind of identifying markings on them, to cement it's value. No dice. The statue is super heavy, but I have no idea who actually made it. It is the one on the cover of Up From The Catacombs, but not worth the-- GULP-- $400? $500? I paid for it. I just pretend nothing happened post-'91 and it makes me feel better. Sort of.

But everyone on ANR: the humor, the eloquence, the intelligence... it's greatly appreciated and nice to be able to commiserate with people who were touched like I was, who knew of the greatness.

Peace.
Why do we need to apologize for saying something true and interesting? :hs:

It's stuff like what you wrote that is actually interesting about people, not the shit they think about other random crap.

:wave:

SR

#3325 Post by SR » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:50 am

cricket_bows wrote::yeay: :love: most women (in general) aren't down with facial follicles; one Perkana approval > all the haters!

Peace.
perkana wrote:
cricket_bows wrote:
shocking twins.jpg

Thanks for that, for real. Nicest, piercing and most eloquent post in a while and in the spirit of 1.0. :tiphat: