What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Matz

Re: What made your day today?

#3251 Post by Matz » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 pm

nausearockpig wrote:That's pretty rad. I'm thinking of rearranging mine shortly. I've removed the Octave pedal as it didn't sound the way I'd hoped and I'm thinking of moving the chorus, flanger and slow engine up out of the main line at the bottom as they're not used all the time.

We need a guitar thread.
get a patch bay, if you're only using it in the studio that is. I just bought one, only need like 100 cables to go along with it but once it's up and running its a fantastic system

nausearockpig

#3252 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Matz wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:That's pretty rad. I'm thinking of rearranging mine shortly. I've removed the Octave pedal as it didn't sound the way I'd hoped and I'm thinking of moving the chorus, flanger and slow engine up out of the main line at the bottom as they're not used all the time.

We need a guitar thread.
get a patch bay, if you're only using it in the studio that is. I just bought one, only need like 100 cables to go along with it but once it's up and running its a fantastic system
nah that's not what I'm after. thanks though.

guysmiley

#3253 Post by guysmiley » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:31 pm

We need a guitar thread.
Try moving that octave pedal first. I had that pedal, but I didn't like a lot. Only works with single notes. Also if you Marshall has an effects loop, try run the mod and delay pedals through that. The effect will bypass the preamp. Sounds a tad cleaner.

nausearockpig

#3254 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:36 pm

guysmiley wrote:

We need a guitar thread.
Try moving that octave pedal first. I had that pedal, but I didn't like a lot. Only works with single notes. Also if you Marshall has an effects loop, try run the mod and delay pedals through that. The effect will bypass the preamp. Sounds a tad cleaner.
That sucker is gooooooooooooooooone.. Sold him.. I was trying to get a Fender Bass VI sound out of it and a USA Strat. FAIL.....

guysmiley

#3255 Post by guysmiley » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:00 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
guysmiley wrote:

We need a guitar thread.
That sucker is gooooooooooooooooone.. Sold him.. I was trying to get a Fender Bass VI sound out of it and a USA Strat. FAIL.....
Buy a POG. Your troubles will be over.

nausearockpig

#3256 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:08 pm

guysmiley wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
guysmiley wrote:

We need a guitar thread.
Buy a POG. Your troubles will be over.
I'll check it. thanks.

guysmiley

#3257 Post by guysmiley » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:41 am

Long day with my friend, we boxed these pedals up today.

crater

#3258 Post by crater » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Artemis

#3259 Post by Artemis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Had a productive day purging and organizing.
It's unbelievable how much crap I accumulated in the last 6 years, which was when I did my last purge.
One of the most annoying things I do is keep pieces of paper with phone numbers and addresses. Instead of writing them all in an address book, I keep all the pieces of paper. I have several piles of pieces of paper. Anyway, today I put them all into into a ziploc freezer bag. At least now they are all in one place.

Hype

#3260 Post by Hype » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:18 am

Artemis wrote:Had a productive day purging and organizing.
It's unbelievable how much crap I accumulated in the last 6 years, which was when I did my last purge.
One of the most annoying things I do is keep pieces of paper with phone numbers and addresses. Instead of writing them all in an address book, I keep all the pieces of paper. I have several piles of pieces of paper. Anyway, today I put them all into into a ziploc freezer bag. At least now they are all in one place.
It sounds like you could really use a smartphone. :hehe:

nausearockpig

#3261 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
I think for next year's Secret Santa, whomever gets Artemis as their recipient should just get her a smartphone......

creep
Site Admin

#3262 Post by creep » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:57 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
I think for next year's Secret Santa, whomever gets Artemis as their recipient should just get her a smartphone......
baby steps...

2015 she gets a trapper keeper

2016 she gets a sharp wizard organizer

2017 she gets a razr

2018 she gets a sidekick

2019 iphone (with flip flop cover)

nausearockpig

#3263 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:20 pm

:lolol:

Artemis

#3264 Post by Artemis » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:01 pm

@creep: Your post is hilarious! :lolol: :lolol:

Here's a pic of the address book I have now. I bought in the early 90s. There is still lots of room in it because most of the time I don't bother writing in phone numbers and addresses.

Hype

#3265 Post by Hype » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:03 am

I don't even know anyone's phone numbers anymore... or emails... or addresses... because my phone just kind of tells me how to contact or get to them. :rockon:

nausearockpig

#3266 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:I don't even know anyone's phone numbers anymore... or emails... or addresses... because my phone just kind of tells me how to contact or get to them. :rockon:
I love "the future"... the internet in your pocket is just the best...

Artemis

#3267 Post by Artemis » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:58 pm

Won a pair of tickets for the opening of the Jean-Michel Basquiat: Now's the Time exhibition at the art gallery. :aoa:

Jean-Michel Basquiat took the New York City art world by storm in the early 1980s and gained international recognition by creating powerful and expressive works that confronted issues of racism, identity and social tension. Although his career was cut short by his untimely death at age 27, his groundbreaking drawings and paintings continue to challenge perceptions, provoke vital dialogues and empower us to think critically about the world around us. Jean-Michel Basquiat: Now's the Time marks the first major retrospective of the artist's work in Canada and will feature close to 85 large-scale paintings and drawings from private collections and public museums across Europe and North America.

Guest-curated by renowned Austrian art historian, curator and critic Dieter Buchhart, the AGO's exhibition will be the first thematic examination of the artist's work. Inspired as much by high art — Abstract Expressionism and Conceptualism — as by jazz, sports, comics, remix culture and graffiti, Basquiat translated the world around him into a provocative visual language.

kv

#3268 Post by kv » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:10 am

very nice i wanna go

perkana

#3269 Post by perkana » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:12 am

Third journal my paper has been sent to. Really hope third luck's a charm. First journal told us that it was interesting but they referred us to another one. Second one is taking 3 months to reply and we don't have time, so my tutor decided to send it to a third one from the Geophysics Institute at UNAM. I really need to graduate this fucking semester.

Hype

#3270 Post by Hype » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:23 pm

perkana wrote:Third journal my paper has been sent to. Really hope third luck's a charm. First journal told us that it was interesting but they referred us to another one. Second one is taking 3 months to reply and we don't have time, so my tutor decided to send it to a third one from the Geophysics Institute at UNAM. I really need to graduate this fucking semester.
Seriously good luck. When I got back from Wisconsin, my supervisor said: "You need to publish." and it wasn't a suggestion... it was an ultimatum... I won't get a job unless I do, and the alternative is depressing as shit. But I've submitted papers to journals with a 3% acceptance rate. 3%!!!... so it's basically luck. You would think that in the sciences it wouldn't be like that, but I could see it being lucky whether the particular reviewers and editor read it carefully enough...

When you get published, send me a link! (Well, if it's in English... if it's in Spanish, never mind...)

perkana

#3271 Post by perkana » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:31 pm

I know, I have to propose a project so I can get a placement at a research institute while I wait. Still have to check the deadline to turn it in but I must have my degree by the end of May to be considered as a candidate. I was thinking that if I don't make it, I might as well start looking for a post doc option.

perkana

#3272 Post by perkana » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:35 pm

Luckily, two out of the three proposed reviewers understand the method developed in my paper. I recently met one of the editors and he gave us positive feedback. It all depends on the reviewers. Paper is in English so will definitely send you the link!

SR

#3273 Post by SR » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:06 pm

20 years of marriage today. :yikes: :thumb: :crazy: :blah: :boobs: :rockon: :waits: :love:

nausearockpig

#3274 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:09 pm

SR wrote:20 years of marriage today. :yikes: :thumb: :crazy: :blah: :boobs: :rockon: :waits: :love:
Congrats mate!

SR

#3275 Post by SR » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:13 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
SR wrote:20 years of marriage today. :yikes: :thumb: :crazy: :blah: :boobs: :rockon: :waits: :love:
Congrats mate!
:tiphat: